Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Recent Demon Form Changes 4/6/2012

* Inscription: Glyph of Metamorphosis now grants the ability Dark Apotheosis (old - Threatening Presence) and now reduces damage taken by 2%, down from 5%.
    * Nether Plating now increases Armor Contribution from items by 250% in Demon Form, down from 400%. The duration of stun and snare effects is reduced by 35%, up from 20%.

Thoughts? I r sad, how about you? Will you still want this in your slot, glyph?

I've been playing demo warlock for years and I would much rather this glyph not even exist. Warlock is dps, if you go trying to change that you'll only screw up the class.

Interesting. It was assumed the amount of positive feedback they had, they didn't have much of a choice, other than to add demo tanks, but it seems they didn't let that phase them.

I certainly hope they know what they're doing, because this will most likely piss a LOT of people off.

If they add real WL tanking, it will be as a new spec, not a glyph. The glyph is meant to be for fun and maybe some extra survivability when you're in trouble, not to make you a full tank.

They outright told us that.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If they add real WL tanking, it will be as a new spec, not a glyph. The glyph is meant to be for fun and maybe some extra survivability when you're in trouble, not to make you a full tank.

Pretty much. We would need a 4th talent spec Druid style and with 5 tanks in MoP, a 6th one is not needed.

Still, seeing the Glyph nerfed over and over again is killing my dreams of soloing for ZG mounts ASAP slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Except, for ohh shit moments, this glyph has gutted meta ssurvivability for the short term.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

They would probably have cut that down a notch anyway, since you can spend much, much longer in Meta now if you want to.

It makes no difference to me. The idea of warlock tanks is laughable to me, and just because some people flipped out over the idea does not by any means mean that they have to cave and make them tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It makes no difference to me. The idea of warlock tanks is laughable to me, and just because some people flipped out over the idea does not by any means mean that they have to cave and make them tanks.
    It makes no difference to me. The idea of warlocks not tanking is laughable to me, and just because some people flipped out over the idea does not by any means mean that they have to cave and keep them as only dps.

Hurray generalized statements

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Interesting. It was assumed the amount of positive feedback they had, they didn't have much of a choice, other than to add demo tanks, but it seems they didn't let that phase them.

I certainly hope they know what they're doing, because this will most likely piss a LOT of people off.
    Not necessarily, people who were in favor of the idea were either tank junkies or warlocks that represented less than 25% of the Warlock playerbase.

I don't see them gimmicking out a tanking spec out of the current demo as that being a pain for them to regulate for druids in the past that of which has been addressed by dividing the specs into feral and guardian.

The glyph doesn't replace your Meta form as a DPS cooldown. It provides a second shapeshift form "Dark Apotheosis" for those oh shit moments. It's a completely different cooldown, comparable to a warrior's Recklessness and Shield Wall.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still want green fire damnit

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Not necessarily, people who were in favor of the idea were either tank junkies or warlocks that represented less than 25% of the Warlock playerbase.

I don't see them gimmicking out a tanking spec out of the current demo as that being a pain for them to regulate for druids in the past that of which has been addressed by dividing the specs into feral and guardian.
    Just curious, where does that 25% number come from? Or are you just pulling it out of your ass?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepein View Post
    The glyph doesn't replace your Meta form as a DPS cooldown. It provides a second shapeshift form "Dark Apotheosis" for those oh shit moments. It's a completely different cooldown, comparable to a warrior's Recklessness and Shield Wall.
    Yes, but there is a 10 second CD between forms, and nether plating applies to both forms.

Deleted
    If Warlocks were to become tanks in MoP imagine the outcry of the other pures. This is simply not happening any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post
    Except, for ohh shit moments, this glyph has gutted meta ssurvivability for the short term.

Yeah, that's too bad, I can't understand why it was nerfed again. They said they wanted tanking warlocks to be on par with an arms warrior using a shield and popping defensive stance, I think we were there already with the first nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    Yeah, that's too bad, I can't understand why it was nerfed again. They said they wanted tanking warlocks to be on par with an arms warrior using a shield and popping defensive stance, I think we were there already with the first nerf.
    The first nerf was still to good with mastery scaling, but realistically that would have been scaled down as we leveled up. Mastery levels are way inflated at the moment due to it being end game gear at max level. We all know how combat ratings work.

and nether plating applies to both forms.
    True, but in my opinion Dark Apotheosis damage should be nerfed even more and it should keep the higher survivability.

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 02:16 AM ----------

The first nerf was still to good with mastery scaling, but realistically that would have been scaled down as we leveled up. Mastery levels are way inflated at the moment due to it being end game gear at max level. We all know how combat ratings work.
    Did I miss something or is mastery still reducing damage taken?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

It's damage was nerfed.

Deleted
    The second they announced it wouldn't be intended to tank at all I lost all interest in the glyph. With the numbers that seem to continually seem to be getting nerfed it seems barely pointless to glyph into it outside of soloing old content, even then... there's probably better options.