Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Pre-purchase to be limited if beta capacity exceeded

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaNet
    Many of our community members are asking about how long the pre-purchase offer will last.

Pre-purchase will run up until shortly before launch. However, we also want to maintain a high quality of service for those who have pre-purchased and are participating in the Beta Weekend Events.

With that in mind, if we max out our beta server capacity, we may *temporarily* make pre-purchase unavailable until we can bring more capacity online. Bottom line is if you want to participate in the Beta Weekend Events, don’t wait. ~RB2
    Probably best to buy sooner than later

Indicates that sales are going well. That bodes well for launch

I bought mine at midnight the second it was available. No worries on my part :3

Just a tactics to get people to pre-order. They can always open up more servers if more people pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    Just a tactics to get people to pre-order.
    and big foot is real!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a tactics to get people to pre-order. They can always open up more servers if more people pre-order.
    Did you even bother to read what ArenaNet said?
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaNet
    we may *temporarily* make pre-purchase unavailable until we can bring more capacity online

Was expecting something like that to happen, but at least they are just saying temporarily. For now anyways. Sounds like sales are going well.

But, I can't afford sooner!

10+ Year Old Account
    At least they won't pull off a Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Pretty much. The "don't wait if you want betas!" kinda gives it away. They seem awfully eager to get money well in advance out of everyone.
    Yep, just like how they said the CE was very limited, and that was just a trick.

Oh wait....

Deleted
    Company warns of potential issues = Conspiracy.

Company doesn't warn of potential issues = Terrible Service

Would that be mean I'm not safe until my serial code is entered?

Damn you retailer! DAMN YOU!

The glass is always half empty for some people on these forums.

Let's pick a subject and whine about it! Let's see, we've had the price issue, the gliding (which basically doesn't exist anymore), the 'fact' that it's too easy (without ever having played it)... Aah! I've got an idea, lets complain about Anet's mind-tricks to nudge potential customers towards a pre-purchase! Obviously a scam of some sort. It has to be!

LoL you may want to read the post again. I think you missed what was said by ANET.

I'm looking forward to see how GW2 is going to handle beta waves and invites, (hoping it'll be better than WoW's): Which Beta has been out for about a month now, I've had the annual pass since day 1 and still no invite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifra View Post
    I'm looking forward to see how GW2 is going to handle beta waves and invites, (hoping it'll be better than WoW's): Which Beta has been out for about a month now, I've had the annual pass since day 1 and still no invite.
    If you pre-purchase, you're in EVERY beta weekend. No waves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just bought mine, was gonna wait a week so I could pay for something else, but the warning got me scared, so I've pre purchased ^^

I suspect that they may well have to shut off the flow for a bit, particularly for this first BWE. For later ones they could bring more servers online and I suspect the influx wont be nearly as high as the last 2 days have been. I still cant wait to see them release sales figures for the last few days.

Who is John Galt?

They may very well cut if off temporally due to a lack of sever capacity...advertise that more will come...and thereby make a totally unintended second wave of super hype
    All for it xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    But, I can't afford sooner!
    sell blood! DAS RIGHT BABY SELL UR BLOOD BUT YOU GOTTA GET GW2!!

-orgasm-