Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Not really "rolled back" but there was a major issue that bugged out the content, and the issue was a technical one that had to do with a single global login environment, shit happens and people need to chill out.
    He's unsubed, bitter and has a need to come here and take it out on people still playing the game.

Due to the unexpected extended maintenance today, we are going to be offering every player a full day of game time as compensation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.
    Soo 30 days free for 50% of your population, plus one day to everybody.. Lets see 850k x $15/$13/ = A HOLE SHIT TON of money.

Severs up soon? This may take awhile...

Originally Posted by SWTOR

Due to the unexpected extended maintenance today, we are going to be offering every player a full day of game time as compensation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

(Source)

Well that is something at least...

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 01:33 PM ----------

Aww Bcbully you ninja'ed me

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    He's unsubed, bitter and has a need to come here and take it out on people still playing the game.
    I cracking up right now. You have to admit man this is not "par for the course." I didn't like the direction blizzard took wow, but atleast they could competently move it in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    I cracking up right now. You have to admit man this is not "par for the course." I didn't like the direction blizzard took wow, but atleast they could competently move it in that direction.
    Are you kidding me? Blizzard's standard weekly maintenance is delayed as long as this a majority of the time. Let alone major patches...

Each and every patch has been worse than the one before with more breaking than getting fixed, issues being ignored(D7, Pillars, Soa) that directly impact end-game progression. This is the largest and worst patch to date. Sounds par for the course to me.

Also, I am not unsubbed and bitter, I am bitter than I am still subbed, and with the free month will be for another month at least, whilst all my gamer buddies are making fun of me. Also pretty bitter about some guild events that transpired this week, but not gonna air dirty laundry here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Originally Posted by SWTOR

(Source)

Well that is something at least...[COLOR="red"]
    This is why I love Bioware, they're a great company and can be misunderstood sometimes. They do a great deal of work for their customers when it comes to content and they try to make things right whenever possible. This is actually the first time in awhile that I've seen any company give a free day for unexpected maintenance, let alone a whole month.

This is why I love Bioware, they're a great company and can be misunderstood sometimes. They do a great deal of work for their customers when it comes to content and they try to make things right whenever possible. This is actually the first time in awhile that I've seen any company give a free day for unexpected maintenance, let alone a whole month.
    But the whole month is not for the unexpected maintenance. The free month was given out before the event that caused the unexpected maintenance. All we are getting for the unexpected maintenance is 1 day. The month is for pulling Rated WZs in some sort of attempt to keep those players when Rated WZs DO finally come out, masked with a BS lie about it being for valued customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Each and every patch has been worse than the one before with more breaking than getting fixed, issues being ignored(D7, Pillars, Soa) that directly impact end-game progression. This is the largest and worst patch to date. Sounds par for the course to me.
    The actual 1.2 patch was fine. I was pretty amazed to be able to raid last night with zero issues... plus it was the first time ever that none of the bosses bugged in any way what so ever. The secondary patch broke everything, not 1.2 itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Quite a few people in this forum who post here daily fall under that statement, and yeah it does get old.

Giving a free month doesn't make anything right. It doesn't fix anything. They are literally just throwing money at the situation hoping the problem (upset subscribers) go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the whole month is not for the unexpected maintenance. The free month was given out before the event that caused the unexpected maintenance. All we are getting for the unexpected maintenance is 1 day. The month is for pulling Rated WZs in some sort of attempt to keep those players when Rated WZs DO finally come out, masked with a BS lie about it being for valued customers.

Lol, sounds like a conspiracy theory! /sarcasm

I'm aware the month wasn't tied to maintenance. If any other game company made this sort of change to PvP, do you really think they'd offer a free month and mask it as a "bs lie" as you put it..? The fact stands they're a generous company within SWTOR, it's been a good while since I've seen any company throw me a free month for being dedicated to the game, SWTOR was a good investment for me, I love every moment of playing.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2012-04-13 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The actual 1.2 patch was fine. I was pretty amazed to be able to raid last night with zero issues... plus it was the first time ever that none of the bosses bugged in any way what so ever. The secondary patch broke everything, not 1.2 itself.
    1.2a is still 1.2, i mean it's not even 1.2.1, it's 1.2a, which means part of 1.2. Technicality I know, but still.

1.2 didn't have Rated WZs and honestly, the UI customization is clunky as is Legacy Interface. Rift had better UI customization at launch, and no BS excuse about wanting people to get used to the default and not wanting to confuse newer players fixes that. I can't build my legacy from 1 toon? I actually had to log in each of my toons to add them to the board.

This is not to say I do not enjoy the game and do not see the potential of it. The opposite is true really. I like the game, I play every week, I do everything I can to keep the guild I am in functioning and running HMs. However, just because I like the game I am not blind to the fact that they royally screw up just about everything they touch.

They screw up as well, there are many accounts of that, they also have much more resources to put in to making what is comparatively the same amount of content.

Also, I am not unsubbed and bitter, I am bitter than I am still subbed, and with the free month will be for another month at least, whilst all my gamer buddies are making fun of me. Also pretty bitter about some guild events that transpired this week, but not gonna air dirty laundry here.
    Don't care what other people think of you and your gaming habits, your life will be much better if you don't, trust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    --meme image removed--

Meme images are not allowed here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-04-13 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanotech View Post
    Quite a few people in this forum who post here daily fall under that statement, and yeah it does get old.
    Yeah I unsubbed weds. night when I found out that rwz were removed. I just couldn't justify giving another 45 bucks when they say "We don't have the tech" and I hadn't been logging in anyways.

I have always said, " All I need is a working Ilum and ranked warzones to keep me busy for awhile." I have neither and they don't have the tech for either one.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    How on earth can a company as big and experienced a Bioware, with a publisher as monolithic as EA, but out a patch that's buggier than me purposefully writing code that's designed to be buggy? Last night i wrote code for a project i'm working on. Several times during my tweaking, the code would leak and continue to create objects it didn't need to. I fixed those as an absolute priority because of how serious they are. I'm throwing my stereotyped views and personal thoughts on both out of the window for this post, so as to keep it at least somewhat neutral.

But first, it was massive memory leaks in multiple areas. Now, they've got unexpected downtime because they absolutely and completely broke a very large portion of the game (i'm assuming). They seem to be making more and more "Rookie" mistakes, and while i have no doubt the code for the game is incredibly complex, it's absolutely shameful the level of failure that has been shown with it.
    Key word bolded, first MMO, they are not experienced.

Deleted
    Um.. this is not a bug. This a entire fricking patch rolled back then brought live. If this is a bug it's the mother of all bugs.
    By definition a bug is an unintended, usually negative, side effect of a fault in code (either deploying new code in an existing environment wherein conflicts between code arises, or bad code to begin with). This was not the intention of the patch and as of such is considered a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    How on earth can a company as big and experienced a Bioware, with a publisher as monolithic as EA, but out a patch that's buggier than me purposefully writing code that's designed to be buggy? Last night i wrote code for a project i'm working on. Several times during my tweaking, the code would leak and continue to create objects it didn't need to. I fixed those as an absolute priority because of how serious they are. I'm throwing my stereotyped views and personal thoughts on both out of the window for this post, so as to keep it at least somewhat neutral.

But first, it was massive memory leaks in multiple areas. Now, they've got unexpected downtime because they absolutely and completely broke a very large portion of the game (i'm assuming). They seem to be making more and more "Rookie" mistakes, and while i have no doubt the code for the game is incredibly complex, it's absolutely shameful the level of failure that has been shown with it.
    Wow a Mod bashing a game in it's own forum on MMO champ. Now I've seen it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanmg View Post
    By definition a bug is an unintended, usually negative, side effect of a fault in code (either deploying new code in an existing environment wherein conflicts between code arises, or bad code to begin with). This was not the intention of the patch and as of such is considered a bug.
    And that conflict was with a single global login environment, that's basically what caused this big mess up.