Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    I know on my server there are more PvP guilds than PvE guilds, and it's a PvE server. Those are also the more prominent members on the server, where as a lot of the PvE guilds tend to keep to themselves unless they happen to need to pug a spot. Someone even started a facebook page for my server, and as soon as certain people joined it quickly devolved into nothing but PvP trash talking.
    It's a shame when things like that happen, but it's also great to see members of the community stepping up and actually getting something going like a facebook page. I've always played WoW in a stable guild with good friends I enjoy playing the game with them, infact I wouldn't play an MMO these days without them. What made me sad in 1.2 was that the guy I've been playing SWTOR with and PvPing with every night just flat out started hating his Sage and PvP in general to the point he's rerolling a Vanguard. Albeit tonight we joined up with 2 Sentinels from our guild and absolutely raped face, 9 out of 11 WZ's won and we had an absolute blast doing it so he seems to be getting back into the spirit of things.

Theres plenty of fun left to be had in SWTOR PvP but I don't think we are quite yet ready for rateds to go live, equally I think in the coming months recruit gear won't mean much and the gear requirment to not get faceraped by everything will be a little too steep to encourage you to bother PvPing on multiple chars unless your already very well established.

For me healers got hit a little too hard in PvP with the expertise change. On it's own it would of prolly been fine but with the 50% healing debuff working correctly now lined up with only getting 50% of what damage dealers are getting out of expertise it's just too much. Maybe a little more tweaking on BW's behalf might correct it. On the upside the comms you get in a WZ has been buffed alround now, letting you get over 80 comms for a loss so providing you don't mind being shit on all the time then you will eventually get those BM pieces but it's gonna be a really shitty grind.

Deleted
    I know on my server there are more PvP guilds than PvE guilds, and it's a PvE server. Those are also the more prominent members on the server, where as a lot of the PvE guilds tend to keep to themselves unless they happen to need to pug a spot. Someone even started a facebook page for my server, and as soon as certain people joined it quickly devolved into nothing but PvP trash talking.
    EU Nightmare Lands by any chance?

That's how I feel. Myself, I'm having fun playing, so I'm going to keep playing. Other people I don't know quitting isn't going to stop my fun.
    Agreed. It's almost like people are so insecure that if they play a game that only 1.7 million people play their existence is somehow invalidated. Play the game if you like it. Stop worrying what everyone else is doing.

SWTOR has been one of the best games i have ever experienced, and still experience. I dont know why people keep bringing up this thread from the dead . "Some company's" Agent accounts maybe ?:P

Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    EU Nightmare Lands by any chance?
    US Mask of Nihilus

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Agreed. It's almost like people are so insecure that if they play a game that only 1.7 million people play their existence is somehow invalidated. Play the game if you like it. Stop worrying what everyone else is doing.
    Honestly I think it has more to do with people are just so used to there being one dominating MMO that has a huge % of the market and when any other mmo didn't live up to that standard it "failed". The new model that is emerging is lots of games that all have smaller individual populations... it takes time for people to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    The warrior force leap one is special though, the snipers root for example does what it says on the box, it roots you in place, might have something to do with the interrupt part or something, all I know is that it for all intents and purposes works like a short stun off resolve, it only really becomes apparent when you face a lot of warriors leaping on to you in a row or when carrying the ball getting permanently held down for 10-15 seconds or more 4 meters off the goal line.
    Tested this yesterday, warrior leaps root and don't stun. Not sure why you are convinced otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Tested this yesterday, warrior leaps root and don't stun. Not sure why you are convinced otherwise.
    Then something is changed from before 1.2, I will admit I didn't PvP much after 1.2 as I don't enjoy Star Warriors online.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Then something is changed from before 1.2, I will admit I didn't PvP much after 1.2 as I don't enjoy Star Warriors online.
    Warriors leap, DPS or Tank has ever stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    Warriors leap, DPS or Tank has ever stunned.
    Wasn't what I said in the first place, really though, not going through that discussion again, I experienced it in a way and no matter how anyone tries to explain otherwise my experience will not change.