Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Last night's Patch Broke Mercs

No this is not a QQ thread. Well, sort of because I'm thoroughly upset... however this is actually an INFORMATIVE post.

I'm expecting rage to be had once people start getting home and realizing the mess they just made Bounty Hunters lastnight. Instead of fixing us they broke multiple different mechanics.

For instance, my stats are in my signature.

My base damage on Heatseeker Missiles is 2169-2305. That means without any sort of buffs (such as heat signature) I should be doing that much damage.

I hit for ~1600. That is 600 damage less noncrit than what I am supposed to do.

Yesterday, I was doing around 3300 noncrits self buffed with Heatseeker Missile with only 5 stacks of Heat Signature.

Today, with 5 stacks, I am hitting 2200 noncrits. I am doing 1,000+ less damage than I am supposed to.

I am currently tweeting the hell out of Stephen Reid in order to get some word on this because we are officially broken. Sure, we needed the Heat Signature stacks hotfixed, but we didn't need our Heatseeker Missiles nerfed to the point that it is on par with our now extremely nerfed Tracer Missile.

15+ Year Old Account
    seems like mercs got their pants down and getting spanked by the nerf paddle first your healing spec is nerfed to near crap now a stealth dps nerf lol

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was a little confused by it. Did they basically make it so that Demo Round doesn't benefit from other stacks put on the boss by other Commandos?

If that is the case, I thought that those armor debuffs stacked for the other classes in the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    seems like mercs got their pants down and getting spanked by the nerf paddle first your healing spec is nerfed to near crap now a stealth dps nerf lol
    It wasn't intended... I hope. I do 450 less DPS than what I did before on my target dummy. When DPS is only getting up to around 1500, 450 is a crazy nerf. That is like people in WoW getting their DPS cut from 35k to 20k.

Isn't your base damage effected by the target mitigation stats, which means it makes sense you do less damage depending on the armor/resistances of the target.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I was a little confused by it. Did they basically make it so that Demo Round doesn't benefit from other stacks put on the boss by other Commandos?

If that is the case, I thought that those armor debuffs stacked for the other classes in the raid.
    They were making it so we didn't benefit from other Commandos or Mercs in the raid because of hitting 15-18k crits was not intended. However, now instead of doing the 6-8k I was doing alone on my ship, I am doing 2-3k crits.

In 1.2, they nerfed Tracer Missile by 10%. It wasn't 10%... I went from critting for 4k to 2.8k. I just disregarded it. However, also in 1.2 they said they buffed Heatseeker by 10% to make up for it. Today you can see that it was now nerfed by about 25% so now I am furious. I can see us now being on par with tanks.

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Isn't your base damage effected by the target mitigation stats, which means it makes sense you do less damage depending on the armor/resistances of the target.
    Yes. But the issue is that yesterday I was doing 3300 non crits when I was alone on my ship, where as today I am now doing 1600.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    They were making it so we didn't benefit from other Commandos or Mercs in the raid because of hitting 15-18k crits was not intended. However, now instead of doing the 6-8k I was doing alone on my ship, I am doing 2-3k crits.

In 1.2, they nerfed Tracer Missile by 10%. It wasn't 10%... I went from critting for 4k to 2.8k. I just disregarded it. However, also in 1.2 they said they buffed Heatseeker by 10% to make up for it. Today you can see that it was now nerfed by about 25% so now I am furious. I can see us now being on par with tanks.
    Yeah, a lot of people ended up cheering for the Grav Round nerf, but really didn't understand that overall the changes where DPS neutral.

This change is just going to suck.

Let me know if you get a response from him. there isn't any discussion on the Trooper forums yet, but there is a little bit on the BH

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, a lot of people ended up cheering for the Grav Round nerf, but really didn't understand that overall the changes where DPS neutral.

This change is just going to suck.

Let me know if you get a response from him. there isn't any discussion on the Trooper forums yet, but there is a little bit on the BH
    Most people aren't home yet and don't notice- but I did get a response from Stephen Reid. He asked if we were not benefiting from our own and I told him that we only get increased damage due to the armor reduction but not the 5% per stack we are supposed to have.

He escalated my post to the developer team.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most people aren't home yet and don't notice- but I did get a response from Stephen Reid. He asked if we were not benefiting from our own and I told him that we only get increased damage due to the armor reduction but not the 5% per stack we are supposed to have.

He escalated my post to the developer team.
    Nice. I hope this gets corrected. A nerf of this level would be almost too much. I'm keeping an eye on the Dev tracker to see if they put up a post that they are looking in to things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice. I hope this gets corrected. A nerf of this level would be almost too much. I'm keeping an eye on the Dev tracker to see if they put up a post that they are looking in to things.
    It IS too much. I took about a 450 DPS decrease when I am alone. I soloed the 2man Heroic Daily on Ilum every day since I was basically in Columi no problem... today I barely could even manage to do it due to DPS loss.

They probably won't make a post about it in the forums until people start posting in their forums about it.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    They probably won't make a post about it in the forums until people start posting in their forums about it.
    There are a couple of threads on the issue going right now at:

Commando: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=422574

BH: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=422643

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a thread in the Merc forum with different numerical changes as well as already have posts in the one you had linked. Just waiting for confirmation since the issue was escalated and Bioware does a good job at getting to things decently fast when it comes to broken mechanics.

Oh good I generally stay away from the actual official forums because they make me angry face too much. So I was going off the post where you had said there weren't any

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh good I generally stay away from the actual official forums because they make me angry face too much. So I was going off the post where you had said there weren't any
    Yeah I tend to stay away from the official forums as well, but I needed to make posts to get it out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I tend to stay away from the official forums as well, but I needed to make posts to get it out there.
    The official forums are horrid, I stay on MMO Champ and /r/swtor when I feel the need to chat with the TOR community.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

10+ Year Old Account
    hey For, I really liked your Arsenal guide prior to 1.2, but as of last night's nerf to the spec, is it worth switching over to Pyro for the time being? When I first started playing I assumed my Sorc. would be my main but then I tried the BH and never looked back, so switching over to another class really isn't an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonfiend76 View Post
    hey For, I really liked your Arsenal guide prior to 1.2, but as of last night's nerf to the spec, is it worth switching over to Pyro for the time being? When I first started playing I assumed my Sorc. would be my main but then I tried the BH and never looked back, so switching over to another class really isn't an option.
    I would still stay Arsenal seeing as heat management for Pyro will just be horrid. I can see us being hotfixed sometime soon but in the mean time we just need to deal with it. Our DPS isn't TOO bad but its not where it should be.

My 2 mates that play mercs are 1200ish on Operation Dummy, full rakata with biochem consumable and power adrenal, and thats ballpark of what I can do with concealment, lower than lethality thou

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    My 2 mates that play mercs are 1200ish on Operation Dummy, full rakata with biochem consumable and power adrenal, and thats ballpark of what I can do with concealment, lower than lethality thou
    I am doing about 1400ish on the Operation Dummy, Rakata/Blackhole with Biochem adrenals and stims.

The issue is, I am fully min/maxed and should be doing about 1650+ DPS. Fully buffed my mainstat is nearly 2200.