Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Music] What music do you listen to?

Simply just curious to see what you all listen to. I myself, just listen to anything that sounds good. I listen to anything from dubstep, trance, metal, even Frank Sinatra.

Deleted
    Power, Prog, Viking, MeloDeath, Symphonic, Gothic Metal & Metalcore. Also some Chiptunes, Spacesynth, Orchestral scores and Alternative Rock/Hard Rock stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    Let's see, Metal, Melodic Metal, Black Metal, Power Metal, a bit of classic rock and hair metal, some orchestral tracks, some pirate metal, and then just to completely screw everything up, Skrillex and Deadmau5.

Oh, and Erock, because that man DESERVES his own brand of awesome.
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    I listen mostly post hardcore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I listen to pretty much 2 genres: Power metal (and heavy metal bordering on power metal) and trance. Within those genres, my favorite subgenres are symphonic power metal and japanese speed trance.

In the American midwest, this qualifies me as a hipster. Which is really fucking sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to CTMB.

Metalhead at heart Melodeath, thrash, doom to be specific. But also punk, punk rock and alternative rock. Jeez, even gabba at times, I enjoy a lot of music.

Deleted
    Melodic Death Metal
    -In Flames, dominating that genre

Metalcore
    -The Agonist
    -Caliban
    (2 awesome bands that I would like to see more of in the future =D)

Viking Metal
    -Ensiferum
    -Amon Amarth

Pirate Metal
    -Alestorm

NWOBHM
    -Iron Maiden
    -Judas Priest

Heavy Metal
    -Sabaton
    -Tenacious D
    (Iron Maiden and JP could fall into that category aswell, but w/e)

Thrash Metal
    -Metallica
    -Megadeth

Power Metal
    -Dream Theater

That's what I can get from the top of my head, there's probably more, but if they are they're not on my youtube playlist atm =P
    Yes it's all metal, and yes there's alot of "screaming" vocals in there aswell. Let the flaming commence!

Quote Originally Posted by vesri View Post
    I myself, just listen to anything that sounds good.
    Pretty much this. I usually find when I underestimate a genre it isn't nearly as bad as people make it sound.
    I've always enjoyed funny/parody songs like Weird Al or Jonathan Coulton in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Guy View Post
    Let the flaming commence!
    you like Y? X is so much better than Y. Y SUCKS!!! like that?

incidentally, I woulda given Tenacious D isn't own category: "Humor Metal"

OT: I listen to a lot of stuff, mostly Hip-Hop and some Metal (but almost never groups that combine the two).
    I also like several artists that fall into categories that I don't normally like, such as:
    Amanda Palmer (and to a lesser extent The Dresden Dolls)
    The Bird and the Bee
    Skrillex (only dubstep i've liked)

just a few examples off the top of my head.

Cheers!

p.s. Childish Gambino FTW

Grunge, Alternative, Indie, Trance.

In that order.

Can't beat the 90s

Deleted
    Anything within reason (not a fan of classical, jazz or death metal)
    Fave genre 'Grunge' (proper early 90s Seattle grunge, not what you young whippersnappers call grunge)

15+ Year Old Account
    I got a wide choise of music i like Trance/Hardcore/Hardstyle/Nu-metal/Metal/Rock or classic rock lately im into Dire straits and The police a lot.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by vesri View Post
    Simply just curious to see what you all listen to. I myself, just listen to anything that sounds good. I listen to anything from dubstep, trance, metal, even Frank Sinatra.
    Sinatra? My man.

Anyway, I listen to everything.
    But mostly instrumental(Two Steps from Hell[NO, they're not demonic.]), classical(Piano, Mozart, Chopin, etc.), and jazz.
    Lately it's been those 3 mixed with some more of those 3.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Based on last.fm scrobbles.

Tupac, Grandmaster Flash, Biggie, Big L, Ice Cube, Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Diabolic

Deleted
    I like tons of music across different genres but I guess my main interests would be.

Metalcore (August Burns Red, Misery Signals, Shai Hulud, Converge, Unearth etc.)
    Progressive Metalcore (Misery Signals (yes I'd list to both) Between the Buried And Me, The Human Abstract, etc.)
    (Progressive) Deathcore (the nonprogressive varient I like too sometimes but it has a pretty shitty good/crap bands ratio) (Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris, After The Burial, Ion Dissonance, Conducting From The Grave etc.)
    (Real) Emo/Screamo (Saetia, Circle Takes The Square, Rites of Spring etc.)
    Hardcore (Sick of it All, Agnostic Front, Everything Went Black, Kvelertak (could list to metalcore too))
    Shoegaze (Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, Ride, Tears Run Rings etc.)
    Post-Rock (Long Distance Calling, Sleepmakeswaves, Explosions In The Sky, If These Trees Could Talk etc.)
    Post-Metal (Neuroris, ISIS, Pelican etc.)
    Doom Metal (Candlemass, Isole, Warning, Katatonia, Ixion, Forest Stream etc.)
    Drone/Doom (Sunn o))), Earth, Khanate, Moss)
    Black Metal (Emperor, Sacramentum, Dawn, Lord Belial, Dissection etc.)
    "Blackgaze" (Alcest, Lantlos, Cold Body Radiation, Sun Devoured Earth etc.)
    Death Metal (Immolation, Fleshgod Apocalypse, At The Gates (early), Death, Entombed, Bolt Thrower etc.)
    Tech Death Metal (Augury, The Faceless (later), Atheist, Cynic, Obscura, Origin etc.)
    Melodic Death Metal (In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Insomnium, Be'lakor, Mercenary etc.)
    Thrash Metal (Dark Angel, Slayer, Kreator, Exodus, Vektor, Nevermore, Iced Earth (early))

And probably tons more what I forgot to type/could not be arsed (tons of electronic).

Deleted
    Metal
    -Death Metal
    -Black Metal
    -Doom Metal
    -Heavy Metal
    -Speed Metal
    Psychedelic Rock
    Krautrock
    Stoner Rock
    Jazz
    Neofolk
    Folk
    Ambient/Dark Ambient
    Classical
    Drone

Pretty much only indie and alt hip hop. Usually artists not a lot of people have heard about or listen to. I don't try to be a hipster or anything, but that just happens to be the type of music of I like.