LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    bakemonogatari, lawl
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

- Black Rock Shooter

- Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas

- To Aru Majutsu no Index

- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

- Full Metal Panic! ( as well as Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid)

Full Metal Panic!
    Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
    Full Metal Panic!: The Second Raid

Inter-related series: FMP tells the story of young mercenary soldier Sosuke Sagara, employed by the mysterious mercenary group, Mithril, who is charged with guarding Kaname Chidori, a spirited Japanese high school girl, as Sosuke deals with the one thing his total life of combat hasn't prepared him for - high school. Throw in the world's most advanced submarine, captained by its designer, a teenage girl, mech combat, and an alternate world where the cold war continues, China is a divided country, and there are Whispered, people who have an unexplained ability to tap "black technology" information.

The first series has 24 episodes, and alternates between humor and a serious story. Fumoffu is 12 episodes of pure comedy, and a lot of fun, while the 13 episode 2nd Raid concentrates on the serious side.

Saying you like anime is like saying you like movies or TV or books; it covers such a wide range of topics and genres. I see you've mostly listed action-type anime: Are there other types of shows you like: comedies, slice-of-life, fan-service comedies, romantic comedies, more serious shows, fantasy, sci-fi, etc.? Also, an age-range might be useful to better target shows for you.

---------- Post added 2012-04-24 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    bakemonogatari, lawl
    And its now LICENSED!!! By Aniplex, but, still....

Still, his list doesn't quite make me think he's ready for Bakemonogatari or Nisemonogatari. A bit more info is needed.

others you might enjoy.

- Fairy Tail

- Hidan no Aria / The Scarlet Ammo

- Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai/ The World God Only Knows

- Okami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi

- Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu / The Melancholy of Haruhi Susumiya

The best part starts around 2min

For the last two I decided to post a clip/amv because their openings are so not what the anime is.

Steins;Gate
    Mononoke (if you want something completely different, and no it's not Princess Mononke either)
    Madoka Magica
    Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari
    Gyo
    Angel Beats
    Clannad/Clannad After Story
    Mawaru Penguindrum
    Hotarubi no mori e
    Boku no Pico (be sure to watch the ovas too)
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-04-24 at 09:02 PM.

You might enjoy Mnemosyne, Boku no Pico, Gyo, or Manyuu Hiken-chou.

Deleted
    Eureka 7, followed by Eureka Seven Ao
    Blood+
    Durarara!!
    Kuroshitsuji

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Basilisk
    Bastard
    Chobits
    Claymore
    Elfin Leid
    Eureka 7
    Evangelion
    Full Metal Panic
    Gurren Lagan
    Samurai Champloo
    Sekirei
    Soul Eater
    Trigun
    and last which i think is the best!!! RANMA 1/2!!!!

Going to keep updating this list with things that are similar to what you listed as references. I'm combining my own memory with what people are posting that i think fits your taste. You should end up with quite a list of awesome anime. Most of which can be found on Netflix.
    LOL! I've been rewatching Ranma 1/2 after coming across the Jusenkyo-like area in the Beta.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Mahou Shojou Madoka Magika.
    TRUST ME, even if you watch the first episode and think it's the worst peice of shit you've ever seen, watch to at least episode 3/4 and you'll change your mind :P was my favourite TV show released in 2011
    Madoka isnt worth watching unless you have prior knowledge of the Magical Girl genre.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Madoka isnt worth watching unless you have prior knowledge of the Magical Girl genre.
    Is there anyone who doesn't?

Skelington wouldn't say that. It's a very great show, but the deconstruction of - or rather, different look at - the magical girl genre is more of a bonus than a requirement for previous and thorough knowledge. He had only watched Sailor Moon before Madoka, and that was back in the 90s/early 2000s. It certainly helps, though it's not like knowledge of it is rare. Anyone who knows what dbz is probably knows what Sailor Moon is.
    The show itself is laden with symbolism and metaphors and such, and it's actually somewhat surprising how much of that is of european origin. Analyzing it is a ball.
    And it's very dramatic and heartwarming/wrenching.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im suprised Gintama hasnt been mentioned considering 95% of the OPs watched list is shonen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington wouldn't say that. It's a very great show, but the deconstruction of - or rather, different look at - the magical girl genre is more of a bonus than a requirement for previous and thorough knowledge. He had only watched Sailor Moon before Madoka, and that was back in the 90s/early 2000s. It certainly helps, though it's not like knowledge of it is rare. Anyone who knows what dbz is probably knows what Sailor Moon is.
    The show itself is laden with symbolism and metaphors and such, and it's actually somewhat surprising how much of that is of european origin. Analyzing it is a ball.
    And it's very dramatic and heartwarming/wrenching.
    It succeeds because its a deconstruction, everything from the opening song onwards is designed (until the pivotal episode 3 scene) to essentially trap you into thinking its typical magical girl fare. Having prior knowledge of the genre cements this and makes it that much more powerful when episode 3 drops and everything is turned upside down repeatedly. Also rewatching Cardcaptors or Sailor Moon after Madoka makes you back off from Keroberos and Luna&Artemis considerably because of how intricately designed Kyubey really is.

You can appreciate Madoka without prior knowledge, sure. But it'd be like watching Lucky Star without knowing who or what Haruhi Suzumiya is.

15+ Year Old Account
    A few that haven't been mentioned that I loved:

Gintama (comedy)
    Hajime no Ippo (boxing series)
    Fist of the North Star

donno if anyone said it yet but...

Black Lagoon

Deleted
    It succeeds because its a deconstruction, everything from the opening song onwards is designed (until the pivotal episode 3 scene) to essentially trap you into thinking its typical magical girl fare. Having prior knowledge of the genre cements this and makes it that much more powerful when episode 3 drops and everything is turned upside down repeatedly. Also rewatching Cardcaptors or Sailor Moon after Madoka makes you back off from Keroberos and Luna&Artemis considerably because of how intricately designed Kyubey really is.

You can appreciate Madoka without prior knowledge, sure. But it'd be like watching Lucky Star without knowing who or what Haruhi Suzumiya is.
    I don't think you need to be all that familiar with the genre. Isn't the magical girl genre one of the best known anime genres out there? I've never been into anime very much until recently, but I still knew how the typical "magical girl" anime worked. I had watched things like Cardcaptor Sakura when I was younger, but that was a while ago.

I also liked Lucky Star without watching Haruhi first, so I don't know what your point is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Is there anyone who doesn't?
    It's an almost stereotypical shonen list (not that there's anything wrong with that), so, yes, there are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I also liked Lucky Star without watching Haruhi first, so I don't know what your point is there.
    You missed out on half of what the series has to offer. The series itself is as much a throwback to Haruhi as it is to otaku culture. You may as well watch Lord of the rings #3 without watching the first two movies. It's madness!

NGE, Gurren laggan, Trigun, Cowboy Bebpop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, Akira (movie), Code Geass, Elfen Lied, Soul Eater, Ef - tale of memories, Ef - tale of melodies, Serial Experiments Lain.

I know most were already said but they are ALL AWESOME and almost mandatory for an avid anime lover!
    Spelling and grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit. True story.

10+ Year Old Account
    You missed out on half of what the series has to offer. The series itself is as much a throwback to Haruhi as it is to otaku culture. You may as well watch Lord of the rings #3 without watching the first two movies. It's madness!

As someone who has seen both lucky star and haruhi WUT? Seriously man not like we're talking Hayate no Gotoku or Pani Poni Dash here. I mean now THOSE two require an insane amount of series to watch first as well as n culture jokes to get. Hell i go back to watch them every so often to get ths new jokes(like how after finishing MAR i noticed Lucy Bobbo and many other Mar characters in drawings, posters and just showing up as background characters) however lucky star doesn't even have half as much as those two. So umm yeah man gotta disagree on that one.