Regarding free month

Is Bioware still giving out the free months subscription for people with level 50's on there accounts? If I read correctly in a previous post, i was led to believe that anyone with a level 50 or legacy level 6 or higher before April 22nd would be given a free month subscription. If this is true, how would I go about getting the free month, there is nothing on the official site I could find.Thanks for the help. BTW I have 2 level 50's a sorc and an operative.

O.T. do you think Bioware is giving out the free month just before the quarterly report in May to boost their earnings report regarding current subscriptions?

If you're eligable for the free month, you'll get an e-mail in your mailbox saying you got the free 30 days. Otherwise, just check your account on the SWTOR website. They sent the tauntaun pets out April 25 and also should've credited those eligable for the free 30 days then as well. Better to just check your account on the website. My brother wasn't eligable on his account with the initial announcement but I was. I got my free 30 days e-mail with the initial announcement. My brother became eligable when they expanded the promotion and he got his free 30 days e-mail yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Is Bioware still giving out the free months subscription for people with level 50's on there accounts? If I read correctly in a previous post, i was led to believe that anyone with a level 50 or legacy level 6 or higher before April 22nd would be given a free month subscription. If this is true, how would I go about getting the free month, there is nothing on the official site I could find.Thanks for the help. BTW I have 2 level 50's a sorc and an operative.

O.T. do you think Bioware is giving out the free month just before the quarterly report in May to boost their earnings report regarding current subscriptions?
    As the poster above me stated, make sure to check you account on the SWTOR website. For example, I have not received any confirmation mail for my free month (I am very much eligible 100%), yet on the account page it shows that they have given me the 30 days, i get billed in June, not in May. I guess sending all them emails takes longer that expected, we will all probably receive the confirmation email as well, just at a later date than 25/26 of April.

Should you not get any of these and if you know yourself to be eligible, you must contact their support team for clarification.

In regards to your question about why they are giving the free month, in my opinion it is a mix of more than one reason: yes, it will help their report, but those reports are not something they need to share with us, so I highly doubt it is the main reason. It will help them ofc, but also the game is fresh, because it is fresh it had a lot of extra down-times, not expected by players, it is something to give back and make the angry crowds happy about, a good move imo. Also, I am amazed that people don't remember how all other MMO's did the exact same thing, it is obvious this move is needed in the beginning, before things start to really settle down a bit. Let's not bash even the positive things that the developers do and translate them into "the sky is falling" please.
    Last edited by Gigikent; 2012-04-26 at 07:07 AM.
    /hug

Thanks for the info, I haven't received any kind of email or confirmation. I guess I can just call them. I tried to log in the game today and it said I did not have time on my account. But it's not too big of a deal. I was just getting into pvp a bit, nothing else really.

O.T.- I wasn't saying the sky was falling or anything like that or incite a flame war. Just seems like the online reviews and updates on the progress of SWtor on the gaming websites are interested in the current state of subscribers to the game. I only ask because since I came back to pvp, and on my server (The Bastion) I see less and less people playing each day to the point where I get into WZ's and its literally the same dual 4 man repub premades and the same 6 or so empire randoms. 8 War heroes versus 6 random pugs in mixed gear. Just waiting to see if those transfers open or mergers so I can go back to being somewhat interested in ToR PVP.

Thanks for the info, I haven't received any kind of email or confirmation. I guess I can just call them. I tried to log in the game today and it said I did not have time on my account. But it's not too big of a deal. I was just getting into pvp a bit, nothing else really.

O.T.- I wasn't saying the sky was falling or anything like that or incite a flame war. Just seems like the online reviews and updates on the progress of SWtor on the gaming websites are interested in the current state of subscribers to the game. I only ask because since I came back to pvp, and on my server (The Bastion) I see less and less people playing each day to the point where I get into WZ's and its literally the same dual 4 man repub premades and the same 6 or so empire randoms. 8 War heroes versus 6 random pugs in mixed gear. Just waiting to see if those transfers open or mergers so I can go back to being somewhat interested in ToR PVP.
    Was not talking about you in particular there, call it a "preemptive strike" because surely a few will come troll the thread and only comment the numbers and what they mean in regards to the game's survivability in the future. Nobody has any facts, yet every forum you read, people throw numbers around and play the game of statistics like they actually know anything about it.

Population on servers is the biggest problem the game has, everyone is aware of that (if people say otherwise, mental check should happen). The solution can't come fast enough imo and there is still no word from BW about what the plans are and more important: WHEN those plans will be made reality. "Soon" is nowhere good enough at the moment if you ask me. Hope we get a solution asap.
    /hug

As a side note to this, when you look at your subscription info you won't see "30 days free" or anything on it. The way you tell if you got it yet or not is to look at the date of your next scheduled payment. If it is more than whatever time frame you paid for since your last payment, you got the credit.

You also needed to have an ACTIVE account when it was offered. If your account was inactive on the 12 or 22 then you won't get it. I had an inactive account, but it expired 2 days ago and my time showed up last night. Basically where it said subscription "inactive", it changed to "active".

If you didn't have an active account when the promotion was offered, I think you can claim 7 days free.

If I read correctly in a previous post, i was led to believe that anyone with a level 50 or legacy level 6 or higher before April 22nd would be given a free month subscription.
    You also need an active subscription at april 22th to be eligible for the free month.

If you didn't get the mail about it and where eligible you probably have the same issue I had, when signing up for the beta I unticked the check box for "Sign up to receive Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ updates by email.".

EDIT: Removed since I am apparently not allowed to answer a question in the original post.
    Last edited by Lathais; 2012-04-27 at 01:13 AM.

We have already have had plenty of threads debating about why they gave away the free month, lets keep this one away from debates on this topic please.

Ok, whatever, removed.

and Arlee, I'm sure you'll be glad to hear I'm done posting here.
    Last edited by Lathais; 2012-04-27 at 01:16 AM.

Ah i see the problem now, I did not have an active account prior to the 22nd, guess its time for a break from ToR anyways, I have the money to subscrib, I guess i might be done with MMO's in general for a while. Thanks for the clarification guys.

Did you not have a subscription as of the 22nd?

Cause you needed to have a sub running to get a free month.

OT: Since you needed to have a sub to get the free month it doesn't really distort their subs much.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

@Lathais - if you have an issue PM Sunshine about it. I didn't yell at you, or tell you to remove your post, or even infract you. I pointed out that we have had a ton of threads discussing the why of the free month and we don't need to turn this thread into that again. I didn't mention that before because until you posted no one had even responded to that part of the OP.

Deleted
    the "free month" was necessairy with all the troubles the had with init of 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by ViShu View Post
    the "free month" was necessairy with all the troubles the had with init of 1.2
    Um... what troubles?

They had a single server crash for a few hours and gave us a free day for that.

Other then that this patch has been extremely smooth.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Seriously... -_-
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    @Lathais - if you have an issue PM Sunshine about it. I didn't yell at you, or tell you to remove your post, or even infract you. I pointed out that we have had a ton of threads discussing the why of the free month and we don't need to turn this thread into that again. I didn't mention that before because until you posted no one had even responded to that part of the OP.
    Or this can turn into a Zombie Baby Taun thread? I'm at your service should you require it.