I think they went overkill on motif nerfing. The 1-9s needed it, I was looting 3-4 on average a day, but the VR content ones should have been left alone.

I reluctantly ended up buying Barbaric for 22k last night (which I'm told was a good price). Not sure what Primal is going for, but Daedric & Ancient Elf were already out of my price range and now I'll probably never be able to afford them because I can't keep up with the wealth of those in VR. These nerfs are basically rewarding those who rushed in the beginning. :\

If I'd known they were going to nerf it this hard I would have broken my bank trying to get them all in the first month. Ditto on recipes. I never see any epic recipes for sale anymore.

IMO, they really should have alternate means of acquiring these things than random container loot. It's especially frustrating to go through a building and have 50% (or more) of the containers already open and then the remaining ones contain nothing at all.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightblade Update: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...htblade-update

Not getting fixed till 1.2.x

Not subbing till 1.2.x then....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    That's true, except there are still abilities like "Conjured Ward" and "Bolt Escape" that give you Magicka-based alternatives to blocking and dodging, and do so at a relatively low cost. The problem isn't that block/dodge cost Stam. The problem is block/dodge cost too much Stam!

Agreed. I have no idea why an ability like "Assassin's Blade" isn't Stamina based.
    Classes are magicka-based, weapons (except staves) and a few others are stamina-based.

I don't particularly mind, since I like Altmer and Bretons best.

However, I'm not hugely impressed by the game and I am struggling to muster the interest to keep playing it.

I do agree though that coupling CC breaking and survivability to a resource additionally used for active damage abilities is bizarre, to put it mildly. I wonder if they perhaps did not initially intend to make these abilities magicka based but then chose to create more diversity in them, however it has only succeeded haphazardly.

The fact is, classes for the most part do make use of a number of supernatural powers, so it makes sense to keep them magicka-focused. That isn't the issue in and of itself. The way stamina is shared between active damage abilities, like those of weapons, and survivability, like CC breaking, is.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-05-22 at 10:34 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I have no clue.

But I dont care about my gear, I'm using an outfit that I got on Stros Mkai back when I was VR1. Blue shirt with brownish pants and boots. Makes me look like a viking/peasant lol

- - - Updated - - -

Talon spam problem still exists. They nerfed the radius, thats it.

Inhale is shit tier now.

But pulsar got nerfed as well so I am hoping there'll be a lot less pulsar spamming fucks in PvP.

Not sure I understand the Pulsar spam, the AoE damage is minimal compared to other skills. The Health debuff is the only reason I have it on my action bars. Guess I could see it being spammed n PvP when zerg meets zerg, but I hate when a skill gets nerfed based on its superior performance in either PvE or PvP.

Well, looks like I won't be able to get back into the game. Reached VR1, got completely demoralized when I had to quest through the other two factions to reach rank 10, and now their only going to create content for max VR ranks.

I'm hoping they do something to not make it such a grind or at least go B2P/F2P so I won't have to pay a subscription fee.

So I will try to avoid being ranty, but after playing the patch for an hour (after taking most of the week off at VR 3) I'm very disappointed that they haven't fixed several key issues. In no particular order:

1) VR mob hp and damage were not changed. For VR content's intended audience (questers) they are still far too difficult. The average player will still get murdered without a very specific build or group. Many people will lose interest because of this alone.
    2) The XP buff makes no difference, like I mentioned earlier today. Mobs went from ~40xp to ~100xp. At VR 3, you need 1.4 million xp to level. Killing one skull camp is worth about 300x killing a single monster, except that doing skull camps is getting more and more difficult due to lack of people and 0 dynamic scaling. At best, this change means you'll be able to keep pace with the zones, but that's still assuming you have near zone completion (or grind dungeons or pvp).
    3) Ability lag seems even worse. This could be related to patch day, but interrupting seems even harder, and if you miss a heal/stun etc in VR content, you are probably going to die. Content cannot be both difficult and unresponsive.
    4) Profession XP remains broken. Enchanting is still completely fubared in terms of gains. it was clearly not finished at release and still isn't.
    5) Consumables are still far too powerful. I didn't expect this to be fixed, but again the difficult of VR content makes it that much more obvious. Having a food buff gives you more stats than your entire set of armor. For a comparison, this would be like WoW food giving you ~30,000 primary stat in 5.4 rather than 300. This is game-breaking; people just haven't noticed it yet.
    6) Mage guild progression is still tied exclusively to lorebooks, which means (among other things) that you can't possibly get the ultimate until VR 4-5 at the earliest. This is really frustrating considering how bad some class ultimates are.

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting, but yeah. At least my ability that has been bugged for an entire month works now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, my armor changed a BUNCH. I was wearing this dirty looking, flat brown bosmer armor. Now I'm wearing shiny leather!

Hey, finally some armor that looks pretty cool. Glad they seem to be improving the armor design, because the vast majority seemed extremely drab.

Has anyone had missing achievements and stuff on map marked as undone when in reality I have done them?

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Nightblade Update: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...htblade-update

Not getting fixed till 1.2.x

Not subbing till 1.2.x then....
    Are you talking group content or solo content? Because in both situations NBs are doing fine. Not DK strong ofc but fine. And they are the best/second best (depending on fight) tanks. Also top healing class contestant. They definitely are not as faceroll as a DK and have a higher skill requirement, but yeah. I guess a little love on the DPS side wouldn't hurt. (The fixes in this patch might have fixed this, I have no idea) I'm talking PvE btw, PvP I'm as clueless as it gets, I only know it's fun oneshotting people from stealth :P
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    So I will try to avoid being ranty, but after playing the patch for an hour (after taking most of the week off at VR 3) I'm very disappointed that they haven't fixed several key issues. In no particular order:

1) VR mob hp and damage were not changed. For VR content's intended audience (questers) they are still far too difficult. The average player will still get murdered without a very specific build or group. Many people will lose interest because of this alone.
    2) The XP buff makes no difference, like I mentioned earlier today. Mobs went from ~40xp to ~100xp. At VR 3, you need 1.4 million xp to level. Killing one skull camp is worth about 300x killing a single monster, except that doing skull camps is getting more and more difficult due to lack of people and 0 dynamic scaling. At best, this change means you'll be able to keep pace with the zones, but that's still assuming you have near zone completion (or grind dungeons or pvp).
    3) Ability lag seems even worse. This could be related to patch day, but interrupting seems even harder, and if you miss a heal/stun etc in VR content, you are probably going to die. Content cannot be both difficult and unresponsive.
    4) Profession XP remains broken. Enchanting is still completely fubared in terms of gains. it was clearly not finished at release and still isn't.
    5) Consumables are still far too powerful. I didn't expect this to be fixed, but again the difficult of VR content makes it that much more obvious. Having a food buff gives you more stats than your entire set of armor. For a comparison, this would be like WoW food giving you ~30,000 primary stat in 5.4 rather than 300. This is game-breaking; people just haven't noticed it yet.
    6) Mage guild progression is still tied exclusively to lorebooks, which means (among other things) that you can't possibly get the ultimate until VR 4-5 at the earliest. This is really frustrating considering how bad some class ultimates are.

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting, but yeah. At least my ability that has been bugged for an entire month works now.
    1) You need to either play better or look at your build. I know that it's annoying (and it's not what advertised) but some builds just don't work. I've reached a point where soloing Public Dungeons is so trivial it's boring. Only some bosses pose a real challenge. It's all about knowing what to use and when, correct itemization and not trying to roflstomp the content. I'll only grant you that some mobs ( Storm atronarch I'm looking at you) are overtuned.

2) It adds up though.

3) Not sure if patch issue or just patch day, I'm on the EU where the patch is not yet live. But I 100% agree that it's a pretty big issue, especially on the EU server.

4) Not an enchanter, but I agree from the limited amount of Enchanting I've done.

5) And this is an issue because....????? Everyone can use those, everyone can craft those. I just don't see an issue here.

6) Out of the three classes I've played none of them had useless ultimates. That said, the mages guild is a bit grindy, true.

While 3 and maybe 4 are pretty big, I wouldn't consider the rest as key issues in the slightest, if issues at all.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-05-23 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    You need to either play better or look at your build. I know that it's annoying (and it's not what advertised) but some builds just don't work. I've reached a point where soloing Public Dungeons is so trivial it's boring. Only some bosses pose a real challenge. It's all about knowing what to use and when, correct itemization and not trying to roflstomp the content. I'll only grant you that some mobs ( Storm atronarch I'm looking at you) are overtuned.
    It's not me personally that's having the issue - just look at this thread for complaints about difficulty. People are going to hit a brick wall, and the fact that "their spec" stops being effective in an ES game is going to be a big turn-off for that fanbase.

2) It adds up though.
    When completing an objective (skull camp) gives 300x the xp of one kill, and said objective is becoming harder and harder to do due to lack of players, yeah, that's a big problem.

5) And this is an issue because....????? Everyone can use those, everyone can craft those. I just don't see an issue here.
    Blizzard nerfed the hell out of consumables in TBC for a very good reason, and most of the genre has followed suit. I won't bother going through all the reasons here, but you can probably still find giant posts explaining their reasoning. Tl;DR is it turns the game into an incredibly tedious farm, reduces the impact of gear progression, and a whole host of other issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, just a quick Craglorn report.

My characters home faction is AD I play on the American server. I am VR2 on this character.

So I made my way to Craglorn and took a look around. I ventured out a little bit and got scared back by a pack of around 5 VR11 wasps. (I did not aggro them.)

There are a bit of people here. Not as many as I expected but it was far from barren. I could not find a bank to see how many people where standing by the teller, so I did the next best thing at went to the way station to see how many people were hanging around it.

Everyone in this photo is VR10 as far as I can tell. I did see one VR 8 running around and I saw 1 VR3 as well. Everyone else was VR10.

The scenery is very nice. Redguard based scenery, as much as I could see.

I found a disappointingly few amount of lootable nightstands and the such (I wanted to motif farm a bit), but plenty of book shelves.
    Last edited by BrokenRavens; 2014-05-23 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiurys View Post
    Has anyone had missing achievements and stuff on map marked as undone when in reality I have done them?
    Yeah posted about that a page or two back. Reported it, they are aware and working on a hotfix.

There are a bit of people here. Not as many as I expected but it was far from barren. I could not find a bank to see how many people where standing by the teller, so I did the next best thing at went to the way station to see how many people were hanging around it.
    This statement about the bank/tellers reminded me :My vote for best improvement of the patch, they nerfed the Daggerfall banker's soliloquy.

Thanks for the Craglorn report, BrokenRavens. I'm not looking forward to the grind, but I want to see how raiding is in ESO.
    Last edited by Vercigentorix; 2014-05-23 at 01:09 AM.

It's not me personally that's having the issue - just look at this thread for complaints about difficulty. People are going to hit a brick wall, and the fact that "their spec" stops being effective in an ES game is going to be a big turn-off for that fanbase.

When completing an objective (skull camp) gives 300x the xp of one kill, and said objective is becoming harder and harder to do due to lack of players, yeah, that's a big problem.

Blizzard nerfed the hell out of consumables in TBC for a very good reason, and most of the genre has followed suit. I won't bother going through all the reasons here, but you can probably still find giant posts explaining their reasoning. Tl;DR is it turns the game into an incredibly tedious farm, reduces the impact of gear progression, and a whole host of other issues.
    Difficulty. Yeah it's a brick wall. But I don't blame VR. I blame the 1-50 content for being faceroll. VR feels just like the game should play from the get go.
    For every post of people claiming VR is too hard I've seen there's a quit post saying the game is too easy. This is completely subjective. I just can't fathom how people want the game to adapt to them instead of them adapting to the game. Regarding builds, balance will take a while to arrive, it's a newly released MMO. Bottom line, as an MMO, there are always going to be things that just work better than the other. Same case in Skyrim as well, only that due to it being single player, you don't give a rats ass if it's a competitive build or not.

So you are telling me that a hard, group oriented objective should not give tremendous rewards compared to easy single player content? As for finding people, try asking in zone chat, in guilds etc. Most of them are soloable too.

Consumables. I don't think it compares to WoW. With the softcaps in place and the ability to reach most of those in good gear the consumables get diminishing returns too. As for grinding, the epic plus 250 on each attribute food costs 250g each. If you can't make 250g in 2 hours worth of playing ( that's how long it lasts, also persists through death) then I don't know what to say. Mats for provisioning can even be found while casually strolling through the city. Also, keep in mind, provisioning is not a secondary profession as in WoW.

Difficulty. Yeah it's a brick wall. But I don't blame VR. I blame the 1-50 content for being faceroll. VR feels just like the game should play from the get go.
    For every post of people claiming VR is too hard I've seen there's a quit post saying the game is too easy. This is completely subjective. I just can't fathom how people want the game to adapt to them instead of them adapting to the game. Regarding builds, balance will take a while to arrive, it's a newly released MMO. Bottom line, as an MMO, there are always going to be things that just work better than the other. Same case in Skyrim as well, only that due to it being single player, you don't give a rats ass if it's a competitive build or not.

So you are telling me that a hard, group oriented objective should not give tremendous rewards compared to easy single player content? As for finding people, try asking in zone chat, in guilds etc. Most of them are soloable too.

Consumables. I don't think it compares to WoW. With the softcaps in place and the ability to reach most of those in good gear the consumables get diminishing returns too. As for grinding, the epic plus 250 on each attribute food costs 250g each. If you can't make 250g in 2 hours worth of playing ( that's how long it lasts, also persists through death) then I don't know what to say. Mats for provisioning can even be found while casually strolling through the city. Also, keep in mind, provisioning is not a secondary profession as in WoW.
    I have to agree here in part. I hate dragging my "old mummified MMO guy" schtick out of the closet but people have been spoiled by how faceroll easy WoW is(Vanilla WoW was easy as well, people, its one reason why WoW became so popular). I cut my teeth on UO and EQ, now that was a grind.

I started playing ESO, died and was like wtf? that's awesome, I died while leveling and not due to lag or some other odd circumstance. I hit VR content and pulls can be a coinflip even with me being a pyro DK. I enjoy the challenge presented

Some more regarding VR. If you see my post history, I was ranting and raging about it some pages back too. I was VR1-2 at that point.
    But some repair bills later and a respec (and me crying myself to sleep that one night :P ) I made a build that works extremely well. It's all about adapting to it.
    Again though, I really blame 1-50 for being too easy. Looking back, I had no real skill in the game by the time I hit veteran content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vercigentorix View Post
    I have to agree here in part. I hate dragging my "old mummified MMO guy" schtick out of the closet but people have been spoiled by how faceroll easy WoW is(Vanilla WoW was easy as well, people, its one reason why WoW became so popular). I cut my teeth on UO and EQ, now that was a grind.

I started playing ESO, died and was like wtf? that's awesome, I died while leveling and not due to lag or some other odd circumstance. I hit VR content and pulls can be a coinflip even with me being a pyro DK. I enjoy the challenge presented
    I agree. Also, while WoW is catering to casuals (I also consider myself casual) and it's the way to succeed in modern day MMOs, I hate how it spoonfeeds content. To me, being casual or not has almost nothing to do with skill but everything to do with time spent playing a game.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-05-23 at 01:22 AM.

Difficulty. Yeah it's a brick wall. But I don't blame VR. I blame the 1-50 content for being faceroll. VR feels just like the game should play from the get go. For every post of people claiming VR is too hard I've seen there's a quit post saying the game is too easy. This is completely subjective. I just can't fathom how people want the game to adapt to them instead of them adapting to the game .
    My point is not that it is bad for me, but it is bad for the health/longevity of the game. I would wager that there is a relatively small overlap between "players who like solo questing content" and "players who like difficult solo questing content." It's a very strange design decision, imo. I could certainly be wrong.

The point about skull mobs is that history has shown that non-dynamic outdoor content is a bad idea. Eventually zones will be empty, and what will later players do? It is made worse that those points are essential sources of Xp (wouldn't be a big deal if they were worth the same as a quest or two).

I also find it highly doubtful that you are soloing VR skull camp mobs with 20k+ hit points, but if you are, feel free to share your build/spec.

My point is not that it is bad for me, but it is bad for the health/longevity of the game. I would wager that there is a relatively small overlap between "players who like solo questing content" and "players who like difficult solo questing content," but VR content was apparently designed for the former. It's a very strange design decision, imo. I could certainly be wrong.

The point about skull mobs is that history has shown that non-dynamic outdoor content is a bad idea. Eventually zones will be empty, and what will later players do? It is made worse that those points are essential sources of Xp (wouldn't be a big deal if they were worth the same as a quest or two).

I also find it highly doubtful that you are soloing VR skull camp mobs with 20k+ hit points, but if you are, feel free to share your build/spec.
    As a nightblade, it's really as simple as that: If it's not immune to stun, it's soloable (most aren't). If it's immune, it may be soloable depending on how much damage and how spread the damage is .

If stunnable, dark cloak and veiled strike and you can go to town. If not stunnable it gets a lot more complicated but 1h/s , heavy armor , strife, sap essence and refreshing path do wonders.

And before you mention it, while I was indeed using 1h/s I was only using bash to interrupt so I can be ready for 1.1 so it's not a case of abusing bash :P

- - - Updated - - -

This is my build, rougly.

I use 2h mostly for flavour (I love swords) and I kill packs of up to 4 mobs a bit faster than 1h/s so the first bar is my general questing bar.
    The second bar is for soloing public dungeons. As mentioned above, I sometimes switch to dark cloak/veiled strike (instead of sap essence and path of shadows) on the 1h/s bar for skull soloing purposes.

I'm using 7/7 heavy armor mostly for aesthetic reasons, 5h 2 light would be better I reckon. I can't be bothered adding the passives on the calculator, they are pretty straightforward anyway :P

All my attributes are on HP, while my gear is focused on Magicka, some HP and Magicka and Magicka cost reduction jewelry. I have a soft spot of about 2300 HP, anything lower than that and I swap a piece of gear here and there whenever I drop below that.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-05-23 at 02:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a fine line between difficult and feeling impossible (Even if it is actually possible). If players like their play style in the 1-50 part, then find that it is not doable in the VR part that is an issue. There has to be a "feeling" that there is a solution to the issue at hand. If players feel that the problem is that their class is weak, even if it is not true, they will be upset. In my opinion, VR content should feel difficult but doable by the same build and play style that brought the player through their 1-50 game play.

Also, it is great that there is difficult content out there for the people that want it. I am not arguing that. But there has to be medium and easy content to go with it as well. We have seen the "Heroic" raiding numbers for WoW on this site and on others. The amount of people doing it is a minority. An important minority, but still a minority.

I have a very long work day. I have a 2.5 hour commute to work (not a typo), a 8.5 hr day, and a 2.5-3 hr (also not a typo) commute home every work day. When I get home and start playing a game. Aggravation in a video game is NOT want I am looking for. I want to feel like a hero, but I really am not looking for something that feels super difficult. Escapeism form the hardship of the day, that is what I am looking for.

Now I know I am an extreme example, but I am not unique in that I play video games to relax after a long day. Some people have easier days, or maybe they thrive on that feeling of being on the very cutting edge, or maybe they are just talented, hard content is great for them. But there has to be balance.

Right now the end content pack feels like it is aimed squarely at the hardcore end. Hopefully they will also start aiming at the not so hardcore.

As an aside, I have to disagree that wow is "catering to casuals", the hardcore raiders get much more perks then the casual player (mounts, special looking gear, unique lore moments, titles, etc). If anything, by the sheer amount of gifts they keep showering on heroic raiders, wow feels a bit like a game aimed at hardcore players with some scraps thrown down for everyone else. I am DEFINITELY a casual player, and I am leaving wow because I feel they are giving too much to the hard core crowd. I have a pretty fair degree of disposable income, but I won't pay for other peoples enjoyment for too long without getting some myself.

But this is not a thread about wow.

(BTW, I commute with about 25 other "regulars" every day. Taking a long time to get to work in the NYC area is not that uncommon. Also, I have only the 2nd longest commute at work. There is someone with a longer one then me.)

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    Aggravation in a video game is NOT want I am looking for. I want to feel like a hero, but I really am not looking for something that feels super difficult. Escapeism form the hardship of the day, that is what I am looking for.
    Agreed. I enjoy doing the other faction content, but I could do without the difficulty increase, tbh.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson