Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    That's a gamble on the 3 monthers resubbing.
    Not a guarantee, for sure, but if you liked it enough to sub for 6 months you're probably gonna resub for 3.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resubbed today after watching some ESO twitch videos, I heard them talk about upcoming changes, increasing AoE cap to 60 players and decreasing its effect on how many people that are hit, etc.

All in all looking forward to next year.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Not a guarantee, for sure, but if you liked it enough to sub for 6 months you're probably gonna resub for 3.
    Not true. There's a lot of snap purchaces where you may think "Damn I'm inspired to do this thing now for long time" then somewhere on the way you get bored of it and simply quit. With 3 month sub you'll probably just drop it while 6 month one is going on and on and on regardless.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    Quite simple. Squeezing everything out - that is the reason to remove it. Say 5% use 6 months subs meaning those 5% really like the game (hopefully). Now let's take away 6 months subs and thus increase income because 3 months subs dont save you that much money as 6 months subs do. So you actujally make more money.
    That's a completely inconsequential amount of money. Even if there were 10k people who were on a 6 month plan, that's what, a whopping $30k? That's not very much, especially as there's the risk that some may quit before their second 3 month billing cycle.

There's a reason that games will frequently incentivize year long subscriptions through sales or other perks, because they're far more valuable to the company than the shorter term subscriptions. They generate more overall revenue from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Resubbed today after watching some ESO twitch videos, I heard them talk about upcoming changes, increasing AoE cap to 60 players and decreasing its effect on how many people that are hit, etc.

All in all looking forward to next year.
    As am I, game feels healthy and I missed the beautiful scenery. Just having fun trying out some new classes, couldn't get into NIghtblade at all but sorceror is really fun. I want to use a bow but for now just doing the typical light cloth destro staff. I definitely love the new crafting tutorials and daily quests, and the dye system so far has been very impressive. Hope you all have fun and I will see you in Cyrodiil
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!

I just wish I could get my husband back into ESO. The two biggest issues for him were not finding a class/spec* he liked and the atrocious loading screens, which were a problem for me too.

* He did like the DK 'infinitank', but then they nerfed it. :\
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I just wish I could get my husband back into ESO. The two biggest issues for him were not finding a class/spec* he liked and the atrocious loading screens, which were a problem for me too.

* He did like the DK 'infinitank', but then they nerfed it. :\
    Wild, I can't even recall the loading screens from the beta weekends I was in.

But then, I use an SSD (although that would only address my end of that equation, of course)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The loading screens are/were really bad for both of us, definitely the #1 drawback of the game. Switching characters or porting to a major city could take in excess of several minutes sometimes.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Reminds me of a certain something.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130710...ription-Update
    You just lost The Game

I personally think a hybrid F2P/Preferred/Subscription system like DCUO would suit the game well, or a B2P system. I think shifting to either one of these options would make the most sense for the console release (they would have to extend it to the PC version as well, obviously). Every time I read discussions about the console versions there's always all of this talk about needing Xbox Live or PS+. I think it would only make sense for Zenimax to switch their payment model for this reason alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    For PSN. PS+ isn't needed for subscription and F2P games.
    I don't think XBL is the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    For PSN. PS+ isn't needed for subscription and F2P games.
    I don't think XBL is the same?
    it's not you will need both for the Xbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Bro, that's terrifyingly similar. Damnit, I really like ESO and it'd be a shame for it to go F2P.

Also, props on finding like the perfect source to make me scared lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Deleted
    I still don't see why the game would go f2p if they remove the 6 month option. Even when f2p they won't remove the sub altogether, as there are always people willing to sub versus cash shop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I still don't see why the game would go f2p if they remove the 6 month option. Even when f2p they won't remove the sub altogether, as there are always people willing to sub versus cash shop.
    Here are 3 possible reasons on top of my head:
    - ZOS could go for an option similar to single player TES games where you buy a DLC every few months, which IMO could work better than an optional sub for consoles
    - The difference in the service you buy with the current sub (access to the game) and the service you get with an optional sub (various bonuses to your account) could be big enough that in some countries you could ask for termination of the service since you don't get the same thing you paid for. Maybe they don't want the hassle of dealing with this.
    - Maybe they are decent enough that they don't want to trick people into buying a sub that would last until after a f2p/b2p transition happens, because they know the business model plays a big role is some people's decision to continue supporting the game

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be the first time management of a game said "No free to play ever". I'm not judging the quality of the game all I'm saying a good portion of the recent game studios have changed their pay model substantially regardless of what the current subscribers think or say on the forums. The bean counters have the final call. Don't be suprised when they drop the ball, just saying.

My prediction will be a B2p model with an optional sub fee this seems to be a pretty popular option these days for MMO's.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2015-01-01 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time management of a game said. "No free to play ever". I'm not judging the quality of the game all I'm saying a good portion of the recent game studios have change their pay model substantially regardless of what the current subscribers think or say on the forums. The bean counters have the final call. Don't be suprised when they drop the ball, just saying.

My prediction will be a B2p model with an optional sub fee this seems to be a pretty popular option these days for MMO's.
    Yeah like I said, that last thing could happen but why remove the 6 month option? They aren't going to remove subs all together, that's plain stupidity and will make them lose milions of dollars a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah like I said, that last thing could happen but why remove the 6 month option? They aren't going to remove subs all together, that's plain stupidity and will make them lose milions of dollars a month.
    Just speculation on my part but the change or announcement could be planned shortly and they don't want people to rage who just bought a 6 month sub. As others have said it's not like having the six month option took extra administration or costs to leave it as is. I know first hand I had a annual sub to an MMO and was a little pissed when they changed their business model and I still had 6 months left on my current annual sub, I felt a little scammed. I took advantage of the annual sub because it was cheap as hell and offered great perks at the time of signing up.

any good site where they discuss builds and general class discussions? I tried the official forums but gave up there. The ESO reddit is too sparse.

Since I've resubbed I have been struggling to find a class and build to really enjoy. A sword/shield overload focused sorcerer build seems promising though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    any good site where they discuss builds and general class discussions? I tried the official forums but gave up there. The ESO reddit is too sparse.

Since I've resubbed I have been struggling to find a class and build to really enjoy. A sword/shield overload focused sorcerer build seems promising though.
    It all depends on what you want out of the game. I made a Super Assassin build and I really enjoy it, despite it being far from optimal for pve or mass pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.