10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Okay, question - I've done all the quests in The Rift bar one, and that one is bugged. I'm not getting any quests to go to the next zone (is it Coldharbour?) and I can't see any way to just walk into another area either, am I missing something, am I blind, is there another zone I can walk to, or will I get a quest once the I complete the last one that's bugged? Or am I not high enough (Level 43).
    Hmm... not sure what the level requirement is. Upon finishing the last zone on the Dominion side, I was lvl 46. And the main questline for the zone led me right into it. Also, make sure you are caught up on the harborage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am now loading in character screen, my game is "not responding" and I get error 303 - server error

Edit - still getting an error has occurred aswell it seems and I jsut repaired my client... this is frustrating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I am now loading in character screen, my game is "not responding" and I get error 303 - server error

Edit - still getting an error has occurred aswell it seems and I jsut repaired my client... this is frustrating
    Error 303 is a "lobby timing out" error. Make sure your internet is running fine and check to make sure ESO allowed through the firewall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Hmm... not sure what the level requirement is. Upon finishing the last zone on the Dominion side, I was lvl 46. And the main questline for the zone led me right into it. Also, make sure you are caught up on the harborage.
    Thats probably it then, one of the main quests in EP seems bugged for the last few days so I'm guessing I'll get a followup when that's done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats probably it then, one of the main quests in EP seems bugged for the last few days so I'm guessing I'll get a followup when that's done.
    I assume you've tried the usual tricks, right? Logging in and out?

Let me guess, it's "Storming the Halls"? If so, it's part of the main zone story, which is needed to unlock coldharbour (the coldharbour quest itself is a level 43 main quest). If it is, there's one workaround I've heard of to fix it (no confirmation though). Have all players leave the quest area for at least 5 minutes, which will have all NPC's associated to the event reset. (It should work if Storming the Halls is indeed an event which flags all players in the designated quest area for completion)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Let me guess, it's "Storming the Halls"? If so, it's part of the main zone story, which is needed to unlock coldharbour (the coldharbour quest itself is a level 43 main quest). If it is, there's one workaround I've heard of to fix it (no confirmation though). Have all players leave the quest area for at least 5 minutes, which will have all NPC's associated to the event reset. (It should work if Storming the Halls is indeed an event which flags all players in the designated quest area for completion)
    Yup, that's the one I seriously doubt I can get all players to leave the quest area for 5 mins, people are constantly checking if it's fixed and standing on top of him. Maybe if I try and get up super early in the morning or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Error 303 is a "lobby timing out" error. Make sure your internet is running fine and check to make sure ESO allowed through the firewall.
    Weird its worked fine before, what could have caused this the patch? I've never had a firewall on my games at least I don't think i do, I got in this time 3 attempts after restarting the pc,router, and cable modem, thats was frustrating, I'm afraid to go into any other loading screens now T_T

edit- and its back to doing it

Edit2- ESOhead was not letting me log in, I am in! Rejoice!
    Last edited by Catchi; 2014-04-25 at 04:13 PM.

Something is wrong with the 700 series Nvidia drivers and ESO. I'm getting Kernel crashes every like 4 minutes, along with ESO has stopped working. I'm gonna roll back to release version (was on beta) and see if it fixes that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    And ESO certainly has that. I would be curious to find out what feature ESO doesn't have that people expect in MMOs. Francis did post on the ESO subreddit and this is what he said:

I think there are people that generally think ESO is boring and don't think its good. But there is definitely an aspect of group think going on with the game.

And I said this previously, if you compare MMOs to single player games they are all average. WoW is average, WildStar is average, ESO is average, SWTOR is average, GW2 is average. I honestly think all MMOs are average, nothing really rises up from the pack and is significantly better than the pack. We as MMO player have our pick of what average MMO to play.

I thought WoW was ahead of its time with BC and WotLK, but as of right now there are many MMOs just as good as WoW. But WoW has the most important thing that many MMOs wish they had, a established community.
    As for ESO, I make no claim as to whether or not it's lacking a feature, I was simply elaborating on the point.

However, what ESO is lacking is a state of polishedness, and quality control. You simply don't get a second chance at a first impression, and based on feedback the bugs have driven off quite a few. Many state "i'll probably be back after they fix x", but realistically that barely ever happens.

In terms of SP>MMO, I'd disagree. Games like The Secret World or SWTOR definitely offer single player level high quality story and production, they have their weaknesses in other areas. I wouldn't call WoW average, i'd call it the archetype - all others are in some way or another based on it or influenced by it. Inevitably, comparisons will be drawn and inevitably, most competitors fall short in one way or another while being better in other ways.

I think in terms of sheer quality control and polish, you can't beat WoW. But that has nothing to do with the bugs and issues of a launch.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    In terms of SP>MMO, I'd disagree. Games like The Secret World or SWTOR definitely offer single player level high quality story and production, they have their weaknesses in other areas. I wouldn't call WoW average, i'd call it the archetype - all others are in some way or another based on it or influenced by it. Inevitably, comparisons will be drawn and inevitably, most competitors fall short in one way or another while being better in other ways.
    Completely disagree, a game like Mass Effect blows away a game like SWTOR in terms of production and story telling. And I am not SWTOR hater, I liked the game. I am not a WoW hater either, I played WoW too many years to hate the game. However, today at this moment it is an average MMO (just like every other MMO) There are many other MMOs that do the MMO thing just as well as WoW. WoW does some things better but other MMOs do some things better. What puts WoW ahead of the pack is not polish but the community.

Agree with Sharuko there. In no way, shape, or form can an mmo compare to a single player game in regards to narrative and story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Completely disagree, a game like Mass Effect blows away a game like SWTOR in terms of production and story telling. And I am not SWTOR hater, I liked the game. I am not a WoW hater either, I played WoW too many years to hate the game. However, today at this moment it is an average MMO (just like every other MMO) There are many other MMOs that do the MMO thing just as well as WoW. WoW does some things better but other MMOs do some things better. What puts WoW ahead of the pack is not polish but the community.
    A quick browse through the General Discussion on this board will show otherwise xD
    I just think a new MMO should be measured against the overall best in terms of quality, which is undeniably WoW (doesn't mean people can't enjoy others more).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Agree with Sharuko there. In no way, shape, or form can an mmo compare to a single player game in regards to narrative and story.
    I'd disagree. I think TSW and SWTOR specifically measure up very well with the best singleplayer RPGs. They can totally compare in terms of scope, writing and production - the only thing you must make allowance for is the immersion, which is of course broken a bit due to the nature of an MMO environment.

A quick browse through the General Discussion on this board will show otherwise xD
    I just think a new MMO should be measured against the overall best in terms of quality, which is undeniably WoW (doesn't mean people can't enjoy others more).
    In what quality ways? Different mmos have their strengths. What WoW has in quality in some areas it may be deficient in other areas when in comparison to other mmos.

Remember folks, this is the ESO thread, not a WoW thread : P

I'd disagree. I think TSW and SWTOR specifically measure up very well with the best singleplayer RPGs. They can totally compare in terms of scope, writing and production - the only thing you must make allowance for is the immersion, which is of course broken a bit due to the nature of an MMO environment.
    Well just have to agree to disagree there. I like both of those games for some of their story and narrative but it just doesn't compare to a good single player game to me.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well just have to agree to disagree there. I like both of those games for some of their story and narrative but it just doesn't compare to a good single player game to me.
    People might think this is blasphemy, but I find ESO's narratives to be more in depth overall than Skyrim. So I also disagree that a single player game will be better by default. I think the structure of an MMO makes it difficult to provide as good a narrative without resorting to special techniques like phasing and choices which are both present in ESO.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    In what quality ways? Different mmos have their strengths. What WoW has in quality in some areas it may be deficient in other areas when in comparison to other mmos.
    Quality = as bug-free and stable as possible. Quality doesn't mean how great the story or gameplay is, just how well-polished it is (ie not in a beta state). In that respect, it's the leader.

And we can close this part of the discussion now, as it was merely an elaboration on what Francis was talking about in his video about ESO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    People might think this is blasphemy, but I find ESO's narratives to be more in depth overall than Skyrim. So I also disagree that a single player game will be better by default. I think the structure of an MMO makes it difficult to provide as good a narrative without resorting to special techniques like phasing and choices which are both present in ESO.
    Seriously? oO
    ESO's narrative is...acceptable, better than average i'll give it that. But to compare it to any of the last few TES games...that's a real stretch. Sorry, but just the MMO factor alone (ie, "talk to the npc with the question mark") breaks the TES flair there quite a bit. It's not a bad story, and the voice acting is in part great, but it really doesn't compare to the epicness of the last few TES games in any way, in my opinion.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously?
    Yep and I loved Skyrim. Luckily I don't need your approval for my own opinion. If you actually talk to the NPCs it seems there is more overall fleshing out of the stories than Skyrim, which has more time spent on unique gameplay compared to an MMO. Judging the story because of having it broken up into quest format with markers over NPC heads is also totally irrelevant. Obviously single player narrative delivery is superior by design, which isn't what influence my opinion at all.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I have to agree with this. Skyrim's narratives were great, no question, but I get a real sense from ESO that they learned how to make them better. I get really involved with ESO's quests, last night I had to do a "who lives and who dies" quest in cold harbor and it really tore at me. I really liked both of them, I wanted both of them to live. For 5 minutes (Which is a long time to decide these matters when you think about it) I was paralyzed with indecision. I ended up going with the one who made me laugh a bit more. But even now I am second guessing myself.

In Skyrim, the only people I felt this way were my followers. (I would always restart from an earlier save if one died). And the orphans I could adopt. But most of the time the answer to these fork in the road quests seemed pretty straight forward to me. The end choice to me on most (not all) of the quests in Skyrim was, "Well, I see my guy as being honorable, so I will go with the good choice."

In fact, outside of choosing who to side with in the civil war, most of the choices in the game seem to boil down to "Am I a good guy or a bad guy?" there was very little grey areas in choosing the path to go down.