Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KonkeroaR View Post
    The souls games aren't meant to be played knowing your preferred weapon before even making your first character.
    I didn't say they were, but for a new player who doesn't know what they want it's better than running around with a broken short sword. But no you're right... people should play the game the way you want them to, and to advise anything else is a terrible idea. Fucking hell.

Dark Souls was one of those games I absolutely loved until I beat it. After that, I was so burned out that I put it away and haven't been able to pick it back up. The only part of the game I really disliked was climbing that tower after you ring the two bells. (Can't remember the name, it's been a while). It's so easy to get flung off the cliff to your doom and have to start all over. I actually was never able to find a campfire that whole trek up. Good thing the boss at the end was easy to deal with.

Ok. I am new to Darksouls and I got a couple questions.

Can anyone help me fix the performance. I can run DS2 on medium at a stable 60fps and on high at 60fps but drops to around 50fps sometimes.

I am mainly looking for a PvE build.

I got DSfix but it still seems like it barely helps at all.

Also what build would you guys say would be the most easy for a new player. I was thinking of a Str/Vit with Weapon/Shield. aka tank style.

My Computer Spec Is|Motherboard: Foxconn A74GA|Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit|Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) II X2 B22 2.80ghz |RAM: 6GB DDR3 PC3-10600|Video Card: XFX 7750 Core Edition 1GB DDR5|Resolution: 1280 x 720.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-05-13 at 02:39 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I would turn down some settings in the dsfix config. For example AA, AO and DOF. DSfix can be really taxing with some of the settings, your gpu/cpu won't be able to handle them.

Are you playing with a keyboard/mouse? If yes, make sure to also download dsmfix. Plop the dsmfix files into your DS directory then open up DSfix and change this line:
    dinput8dllWrapper none
    to:
    dinput8dllWrapper dsmfix.dll

Also for dsfix to work you need to TURN OFF in-game AA with the in-game settings.

As for builds shield/sword is a good way to go. Blocking gives you a lot of room to survive against some of the harder bosses as you learn to roll. If you want to use a little bit of magic try throwing in some Faith. So you would be VIT/END/STR/FTH. That way you can use a few offensive spells and healing. Otherwise full END/VIT/STR will be very durable. For weapons I would use a Longsword for its great moveset and the Grass Crest Shield when starting out for the stamina regen (you can Google where to find it, it's available VERY early in the game so a guide really wouldn't have any significant spoilers).

Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention that the offensive faith spells will require you to be a Sunbro but who doesn't want to be a Sunbro?
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2014-05-13 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I would turn down some settings in the dsfix config. For example AA, AO and DOF. DSfix can be really taxing with some of the settings, your gpu/cpu won't be able to handle them.

Are you playing with a keyboard/mouse? If yes, make sure to also download dsmfix. Plop the dsmfix files into your DS directory then open up DSfix and change this line:
    dinput8dllWrapper none
    to:
    dinput8dllWrapper dsmfix.dll

Also for dsfix to work you need to TURN OFF in-game AA with the in-game settings.

As for builds shield/sword is a good way to go. Blocking gives you a lot of room to survive against some of the harder bosses as you learn to roll. If you want to use a little bit of magic try throwing in some Faith. So you would be VIT/END/STR/FTH. That way you can use a few offensive spells and healing. Otherwise full END/VIT/STR will be very durable. For weapons I would use a Longsword for its great moveset and the Grass Crest Shield when starting out for the stamina regen (you can Google where to find it, it's available VERY early in the game so a guide really wouldn't have any significant spoilers).

Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention that the offensive faith spells will require you to be a Sunbro but who doesn't want to be a Sunbro?
    I turned AA to FAXX and it seems that has helped a bit.

My fps sits right above 30 sometimes in the 40's now and all my settings are as low as they can go.

My current toon is just one to mess around on and get a feel for the game so I will be rerolling sometime after they shutdown GFWL unless I just say fuck it and get DS2.

I won't lie I got the Drake sword and I have been having fun. Boss's are still kicking my ass but the trash in the first part of the area is easy to kill. Mostly I could already 2shot anyway.

So just wondering why do the people hate the Drake Sword so much. Also I killed the sun guy LOL. I got a couple swords with 200-220 att waiting on me to get the str needed. But I mite just reroll since this toon was 100% dex up to this point.

I was mainly playing to get the hang of DS and decide if I really wanted DS2 or not. I did check out DS2 and it seemed fun. I got to the small town in DS2 before I stopped playing. I did fight the knights right past it a few times.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-05-13 at 04:39 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Nothing wrong with the Drake Sword. It's a really good early weapon but later it becomes useless and isn't worth upgrading at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I turned AA to FAXX and it seems that has helped a bit.

My fps sits right above 30 sometimes in the 40's now and all my settings are as low as they can go.

My current toon is just one to mess around on and get a feel for the game so I will be rerolling sometime after they shutdown GFWL unless I just say fuck it and get DS2.

I won't lie I got the Drake sword and I have been having fun. Boss's are still kicking my ass but the trash in the first part of the area is easy to kill. Mostly I could already 2shot anyway.

So just wondering why do the people hate the Drake Sword so much. Also I killed the sun guy LOL. I got a couple swords with 200-220 att waiting on me to get the str needed. But I mite just reroll since this toon was 100% dex up to this point.

I was mainly playing to get the hang of DS and decide if I really wanted DS2 or not. I did check out DS2 and it seemed fun. I got to the small town in DS2 before I stopped playing. I did fight the knights right past it a few times.
    The hate for the Drake Sword mostly stems from it being a cheesy weapon early in the game. It's really powerful in the early game, but it tapers off after awhile. Why would you kill Solaire? You should do nothing but jump off cliffs the rest of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    The hate for the Drake Sword mostly stems from it being a cheesy weapon early in the game. It's really powerful in the early game, but it tapers off after awhile. Why would you kill Solaire? You should do nothing but jump off cliffs the rest of the game
    Was just fun LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Drake Sword. It's a really good early weapon but later it becomes useless and isn't worth upgrading at all.
    Ya I been reading about it and I spent a few hours without it. So I won't let it gimp me like some think it dose to nubs.

Edit: Ok I made my new character and I admit I got the Drake Sword. I made it all the way to the Big Hryda and it shot my face off LOL. I killed the demon before it that has one leg and shoots lighting at ya.

So far I am really enjoying myself I think I am going to get DS2.

So tell me is it normal for the Main and Mini boss's to only spawn the one time?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-05-13 at 07:20 AM.