Deleted

finish all acts at lvl 25?

if u got help by 50s, can u finish all acts at lvl 20-30 or so?. only doing classquests and no bonus, currently got companion at lvl 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Probably. The real question is why would you want to? You'd be under powered for nightmare most likely and you really wouldn't accomplish anything by rushing and getting down below level 30.
    The legacy bonuses, I presume. Since you can't get the Companion presence buffs until the completion of act 2 (since the final conversations aren't unlocked until then), and obviously the legacy abilities.

Having an extra 400 presence from companions is pretty yummy. I only have 200 of that so far, and 100 for the human, but it is making a noticable difference to my alt levelling - my tank Companion actually can get hit more than twice without dying now :P

Deleted
    I don't think he's on about Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Probably. The real question is why would you want to? You'd be under powered for nightmare most likely and you really wouldn't accomplish anything by rushing and getting down below level 30.
    That thread was about SWTOR bro lol, not D3

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omgkthxby View Post
    That thread was about SWTOR bro lol, not D3
    Bah, I'm getting myself confused going between the two right now

Aww poor Dak

Idk if you can though because even the class quests have level requirements on them. I think at some point you wouldn't be able to pick-up the next step due to be too low level. It might be possible though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Aww poor Dak

Idk if you can though because even the class quests have level requirements on them. I think at some point you wouldn't be able to pick-up the next step due to be too low level. It might be possible though.
    well u get each classquest/step automatically. u always have a class quest, but not when u have finished all at 50, it continue to illum, u dont pick up class quests. so unless u cant talk to certain peoples it should be possible i guess?

There is one point where you'll be stopped. On Quesh you need to take a quest in the spaceport to get inoculated, or you can't go down to the planet. The inoculation quest has a minimum level requirement on it. But once you reach that point you can be run all you want.

I remember someone tried doing it early on, and he got to Quesh at around level 20, but couldn't go any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    There is one point where you'll be stopped. On Quesh you need to take a quest in the spaceport to get inoculated, or you can't go down to the planet. The inoculation quest has a minimum level requirement on it. But once you reach that point you can be run all you want.

I remember someone tried doing it early on, and he got to Quesh at around level 20, but couldn't go any further.
    This may have changed. I actually went down to the planet without taking on that quest on a recent character.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    This may have changed. I actually went down to the planet without taking on that quest on a recent character.
    I am pretty sure they removed the blocks to planets with 1.2. I think it used to block you if you were more then 10 lvls away from the target questing area. Now as long as you have ship you can get down to any of them from what I have seen. That is about all you can do though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I am pretty sure they removed the blocks to planets with 1.2. I think it used to block you if you were more then 10 lvls away from the target questing area. Now as long as you have ship you can get down to any of them from what I have seen. That is about all you can do though.
    I had to take it on my Jugg a few weeks ago, so now I don't know anymore.

Well certainly give it a try and let us know how it goes! I am curious about it now

Deleted
    I'd like to know too. I'm in a hardcore PVP guild, and we'd like to get all the buffs for our chars if possible. And it would definitely be one of the most efficient ways to get it.

I've been meaning to try powerleveling like this too (though all my friends are dead-beats and "dont want to play any more because the servers are dead." Those jerks.) - though here's my prediction:

I do believe a low level player could finish their entire story-arc. Because comp's gear is fixed to the particular level the character is supposed to receive them at - while the companion would have a level tied to the character, the gear would set their companion's effective combat ability (stats). So, upon completing the final companion "unlock", that NPC would be about L43/44 in stats, and be able to walk the player through 50 quite easily.

** Edit - Furthermore, because the latter companions return higher affection per successful response, starting with them at an earlier point in the story would result in greater returns: IE, running ONLY with your starting companion will almost max that one companion by L50, whereas using the last one, or possibly two companions, will max them much sooner due to their higher return. SO, it's conceivable that someone could have two or even three, high affection companions by L50, vs just a single - through 'conventional' leveling.

Therefor, L1-~22/23 = 3hrs, ~23-50 = ~20hrs
    Last edited by hythos; 2012-05-24 at 11:19 PM.
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    Hmm. I tried to do this to get to the mount vendor and it wouldn't give me the innoculation. My character was in the 20's, but I forget the exact level.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    Currently at lvl 15, and done with alderaan. so going very well! , even having lvl 30 items at lvl 15, since quest item dont have a req. will inform later

Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    Currently at lvl 15, and done with alderaan. so going very well! , even having lvl 30 items at lvl 15, since quest item dont have a req. will inform later
    ... Awesome...

Theres a nice exploit that allows you to use your main and alt to finish 3/4ths of the story, no matter the level.

But its mine to use, gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    I forgot about quest-items! Though, I'd assume you may need to stay ONLY with green/blue weapons, as a barrels/hilts will raise your Orange COTS (yes, common-off-the-shelf hehe) weapons and assume that new iLevel?
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.