Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    So how are shadow priests now? Have they moved away from 80 million dots into being more bursty? I enjoyed it in Vanilla and BC, found it meh in Wrath, didn't like it much at all in Cata, but want to go back to a healer/dps class in MoP. For the record my most enjoyed classes right now are Ele Shaman and Hunter; I like simple bursty rotations with lots of procs, and Spriests just felt like it took too long to get going and was only enjoyable on boss fights.

I wish I could get Rank 1 with a 50% win rate. How does that even qualify as pro, with other Rank 1's sporting a 90% win ratio? None of which, coincidentally, are in this thread complaining.

Deleted
    I think what everyone is forgetting is back in vanilla/BC SPs weren't the best class to choose for dps. A lot of us (includeing me) choose that class because of the support it offered the raid. Most oldskool players don't play classes to own they play them to help the raid because this is a TEAM game. I enjoy my shadow priest not for owning it up on the meters but for helping my fellow guildies and healers, that too me if far more important then been the top dps.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon211 View Post
    I think what everyone is forgetting is back in vanilla/BC SPs weren't the best class to choose for dps. A lot of us (includeing me) choose that class because of the support it offered the raid. Most oldskool players don't play classes to own they play them to help the raid because this is a TEAM game. I enjoy my shadow priest not for owning it up on the meters but for helping my fellow guildies and healers, that too me if far more important then been the top dps.
    mana-battery was my own guild-rank with savespot in every raid - I loved it how spriest was in BC =(

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by dragon211 View Post
    BC, Especially early BC, was Spriest heaven. Our DPS was fairly high considering we were just mana batteries, and we were so desired that I remember sitting in vent waiting to be placed because the different caster groups in raids were fighting over having me. And topping the meters at the same time in Kara...good times.

That being said, Vanilla was a different story. We weren't even good utility back then, just filler dps in a world starving for tanks and healers rather than hybrids. Generally in raids we were MUCH preferred to come as holy. Shadow was the pvp spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely true, shadow dps single target in end-game naxxramas gear was a first place contender - we were just so incredibly gear dependent and immobile to fight mechanics that no one ever wanted to carry a spriest through all the prior raids on the assumption that when they finally got into naxx after months or years of raiding - this player would a) still be around, and b) turn out to not suck at their class (because up until then you probably wouldn't know).

At the time I was a fury warrior though, I rerolled to become a mana battery for TBC - and that's been my calling in WoW ever since, despite that no longer being our function. I love that as a spriest on progression fights I can do a lot still through Hymn of Hope / Divine Hymn / Vampiric Embrace / PW:Shields, and dropping form to bomb raid heals when things got scary. I like being able to contribute like that, and I hope it will continue in MoP
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

For me, Shadow died when regular defensiv dispel got removed I don't like the playstyle with Mind Spike either. But that's just because of my personal preferences, so I'm out of luck, I'm certain there's a lot of players who liked those changes. (Talking about PvP.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    For me, Shadow died when regular defensiv dispel got removed I don't like the playstyle with Mind Spike either. But that's just because of my personal preferences, so I'm out of luck, I'm certain there's a lot of players who liked those changes. (Talking about PvP.)
    No, I certainly didn't at least - defensive dispel nerf killed my comp (RPS) and pretty much forced me to go reroll a warlock as my pvp main under pressure from my teammates (to play RLS). I also find mind spike to feel like cheap and uninteresting damage - though we can kind of make it more interesting by 3 spikes, then waiting until the debuff almost fades in the hopes of some orb procs - then guarenteed MB'ing with some orbs. Even doing that though, I'd much rather an emphasis on dots to what I consider to be ice lance but with less damage and a cast time that can't shatter.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Let's take the proper time to study all the possibilities and how we can use our new talent tree to get a legit DPS increase.

From darkness, comes light: Very strong on multidot encounters (if you are skilled).
    Twisted Faith: Some people didn't yet notice that now you get a buff whenever you damage any target below 20% (you don't do 15% increased damage on that target only), so, in a multidot encounter, both talents together will work in a very very strong sinergy.

Casting Mind Spike when FDCL procs is far harder than maintaining that boring, fluid, cataclysm rotation.

Considering you have 98% VT uptime, you will have free beefed up (20%) Mind Spikes during around 14% of the combat (considering you can stack up to 2 FDCL charges). That is insane considering you don't need to spank it ASAP, you can wait a couple of seconds, fitting this 1gcd cast into your rotation (instead of simply casting your filler) without ruining your MB on Cooldown. Mind Flay will never give you higher dpet than 120% Mind Spikes.

Blizzard is actually punishing bad players.
    And once again making our class harder to sim. (like our last 4pc)

I know you are good. Stay good, don't be lazy.

=]

Deleted
    Its twist of faith, don't mix it up with TF from lol
    But yes this talent will be awsome on multi doting and aoe fights, I personnaly don't like watching a proc, and I wil probably pick Mindbender not FDCL.
    But on single target fights I feel SP are below average but are exceedingly good on multi doting/aoe fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    I happen to disagree with this statement, Luml was responding to a poster that doubted his pve/pvp experience and so he gave his armory and his best ranking fight. FYI it is not just one fight this priest ranks on, it's many, and pretty high ranks. I for one happen to respect such high ranks since I rank as well (not as high in top 10 or anything liek that) and believe they show a proficiency in the PVE aspect of the game. Basically,...if you are having a PVE discussion and somebody weighs in with very high ranks, they may know what they're talking about.
    1. Rankings this late in the game does not show that a person is as skilled as they may claim...any player that uses half their brain can easily understand that.

2. I'm using logic the same way other people have and I can easily tell you Luml is nothing more than a troll pretending to be someone else...quite sad never actively posted before until now to start insulting other people??? I've never heard of a player that ranked that high ever say PVE was where the skill was at and PVP didn't require the skill as PVE...that is just BS and everyone knows it. If you fall for or defend this troll please do the entire community a favor and stop posting here period.

I am going to go ahead and close this just because there is another thread that covers this basic topic and has more up to date info in it at this point. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...riest-MOP-BETA