Poll: Would you like an earler MoP with raiding to come upto a month later?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    no, and you're all casuals if you think otherwise.

playing 24/7 for a week straight upon xpac release is part of the hardcore raiding content.

Deleted
    just don't raid for a few weeks... if you are bothered about competition beating your epic guilds, then raid.

plenty of time for everything whenever you want...

love the idea, not gonna happen

Its a pretty good idea. Personally, I'm not one who reads quest text or does achievements or is interested in pet battles so upon release I'll be powerleveling to 90 to be ready for the first lock out as soon as possible so I would prefer the content be ready to go at release, but if it was delayed in this fashion it wouldn't be terrible. It would be interesting from the race point of view, considering an exponentially larger amount of guilds would hit the first possible lock out at the same time.

Wouldn't mind either way

Quote Originally Posted by nezgral View Post
    Hardmodes won't be released till the 2nd week anyways, unless you're stars and do a full guild transfer to do hardmodes first week of content. No one needs a month to gear up for normal modes, they're made to be cleared in blue gear from heroics.

I say keep it the way it is.
    Seriously, I don't see the point in delaying raiding? I don't even need to watch the video, there's no point in delaying "raid openings", outside of casuals (time not skill) thinking they would be able to "compete" with top guilds for world firsts for some reason. You are making it sound like the reasoning is because most (non casual) players DO spam run heroics as soon as they hit max level. It's not like people hit 85 and then decided to farm mining or herbing or wanted to look around the world or something. The whole point of gear-based games is to acquire gear, they already took out the time investment aspect from the game to get "into" raiding. Now you want them to set a time-frame from when raiding is allowed? I'm really baffled at anyone having this reasoning.

Furthermore Lore isn't really "known" outside of people who goto Tankspot. I'm fairly confident if you mentioned the name Lore in Trade chat very, very few people will know who you are talking about. I miss Cider.

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 06:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    just don't raid for a few weeks... if you are bothered about competition beating your epic guilds, then raid.

plenty of time for everything whenever you want...
    Well you silly billy, that's as good as having a Toggle-able debuff. Clearly it's not MEANT to be turned off. You can't give people choices like this.

Seriously though, you are 100% correct.

Deleted
    I'd want it to be turned off for 1 or 2 weeks, gives enough time for enjoying new additions to the game, leveling and entering the raids in a set of farmed gear.

Also the chances your whole raid team can start raiding in 2 weeks is definitely higher than if they released raids straight away, since in non-hardcore guilds there are always people who can't rush as fast as others to the max level, and the ones at max level need to wait for others to catch up, which just sucks.
    Last edited by mmoc72d9093e07; 2012-06-19 at 11:05 AM.

I was the 200th yes! I wonder how many people voted no but are now thinking yes. After the guy in the video talked about it, it made more sense. The number one benefit it would have on older players is the ability to pace themselves. You want people reading quest text, you want people straying off the path a little, and you want people to stop and help their friends.

Deleted
    It is a really good idea to be honest.

This would be pointless. If you're a raider with limited playtime, presumably you don't have time to be in a high time commitment guild that expects its members to poopsock their way to raid readiness as soon as an expansion launches.

Aside from the mythical player who has limited playtime but who is somehow a member of a high time commitment guild anyway, delaying raiding wouldn't really benefit anyone.

I'd support this (as long as they didn't take the piss with time frame).

It would allow you to really explore the huge swathes of new content rather than rushing to spam heroics and get gear to raid. I'd certainly find it more enjoyable.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 07:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    This would be pointless. If you're a raider with limited playtime, presumably you don't have time to be in a high time commitment guild that expects its members to poopsock their way to raid readiness as soon as an expansion launches.
    There'd be no benefit from expecting this if the raid content didn't launch for 3 weeks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    why delay anything? the ones that want to shoot to 90 as fast as possible and start raiding immediately are going to do whatever it takes to accomplish this.

if you want to level slowly and experience the zones, experience the dungeons then wouldnt it be wise to surround yourself in a guild with like minded people? ive read through about 4 pages of this thread and i see people saying things like "being forced to level fast" or "being forced to zoom to 90 to get ready to raid" youre not being forced or rushed into anything. if youre part of a guild that requires you to rush to max level and gear your toon out as soon as possible then maybe you should seek a different guild.

its a hard concept i know but there are people who care nothing about the lore and/or zones. they just like to pve

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    There'd be no benefit from expecting this if the raid content didn't launch for 3 weeks.
    Well yea, obviously guilds wouldn't gain anything from pressuring members to speed level to 90 and get raid ready fast if raiding were delayed. But my point is that there can't be that many players out there who would benefit from such a delay. People who are in high time commitment guilds that expect their members to poopsock to raid readiness have the time to do so, and they presumably want to do so. They've chosen to raid five nights a week, so they have the time to speed level. Meanwhile, people in guilds with more limited schedules generally won't be expected by their guilds to speed level because it's understood that they may have limited play time. That's why guilds with limited schedules have they schedules they do.

We'd still be speed leveling if we had a delay, the only difference would be that we'd be getting 2-3 toons ready to raid in case they were needed for class stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    no, and you're all casuals if you think otherwise.

playing 24/7 for a week straight upon xpac release is part of the hardcore raiding content.
    lol .

I like this idea. 3 weeks sounds about right.

Deleted
    I am totally in favor of this, it's a great idea. It takes the pressure off racing to level up on the first night and actually allows people to appreciate the non-raid content before jumping into raids.

Deleted
    I wouldn't support delaying the raids, but I would support releasing MoP a couple of weeks earlier without raids as long as raiding started on date MoP would have come out if released with raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way I'm going to rush my first 90 and probably my second 90 in the first 2-3 days, just to have something to fall back on if my main gets shafted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Deleted
    Month is way too much.

Maybe either:
    a) 1 week so people can experience rest of mop along with reasonable grinding speed needed to get full heroic set ready for raiding
    b) until fresh raid lockout starts, if I am right EU guilds got 1 more lockout at Cataclysm than US since patch released tuesday and our maintainance is wednesday, it was like under 24h long lockout but some raiding guilds (Paragon and so on) got gear from lockout US never had access to. (can anyone confirm this or is my memory wrong?)
    Last edited by mmoc43d3e71278; 2012-06-14 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Cataclysm

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind the idea of releasing raids perhaps 2 weeks after launch and LFR maybe 1 month after launch or thereabouts. Allows people who race through to notice content and actually do normals/heroics.