Thread: Class stories

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The IA story was cool, probably my favorite overall even considering the limitations due to the game being an mmo.

The Jedi Knight started off a bit slow but ended on an epic note. If you really want the KOTOR star wars feeling, this is the class story to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only finished the IA one, which I loved, but the plot twist at the end Hunter being female just felt way too forced, and I still wonder what they wanted to accomplish with it :s

Chapter 2 was brilliant, though.

I might resub soon to check out another class, haven't played the game in months, so I shouldn't get bored by the sidequests so fast now
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I only finished the IA one, which I loved, but the plot twist at the end Hunter being female just felt way too forced, and I still wonder what they wanted to accomplish with it :s
    I've go to agree with this.

"Quick, we need a twist for the ending!"
    "Err... Hunter is a chick?"
    "BRILLIANT!"

I thought implying that Hunter was gay ("send Hunter my love" from the Voss chain) worked better, especially with the foe yay the Male Agent could engage in with him after his true colours came out.

Agent was amazing. Hell, even that one scene in act 2 on the ship was worth the whole thing. (Not really spoiler, you'd have to have played it to know what I'm talking about).

One of the problems I see with class stories is that you don't really see any kind of effect from them in the open world. I suppose that is the limitation of it being an mmo. But still it leads SWTOR feeling like two different games when you play, at least that is how I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    One of the problems I see with class stories is that you don't really see any kind of effect from them in the open world. I suppose that is the limitation of it being an mmo. But still it leads SWTOR feeling like two different games when you play, at least that is how I felt.
    I have to disagree. Some class stories reflect better on the world than others. The agent has a few really nice moments where I went "Oh wow, that explains this quest a lot more." The Inquisitor story has at least 1 giant reveal that really affects the lore of the entire universe. There's also mentions about the Sith Warrior story in the Agent story. I do wish we saw it more though.

First off, thanks for your input all. Jedi Knight will probably be next but only after they make the Torguta a playable race (could be a while I know).
    I wish there was more inter-class story references, would have made things slightly more interesting.

What I'd like to see in the future is true branching story arcs. A lot of the choices now are pretty much just superficial. There are some that do change the story slightly but I'd like to see separate tangents on class stories depending on the choices you make. That is actually a criticism I have for all Bioware games that have come out lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    What I'd like to see in the future is true branching story arcs. A lot of the choices now are pretty much just superficial. There are some that do change the story slightly but I'd like to see separate tangents on class stories depending on the choices you make. That is actually a criticism I have for all Bioware games that have come out lately.
    I agree, in the IA story, at the end of act 1 I decided to side with jadus, yet without real consequences. It's rather obvious that they didn't want the storylines to diverge too much. I felt that the characters wer acting rather weird and emotionless, given the fact that I just stabbed everyone in the back.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    As Svif has pointed out even classes at level 50 are not truely at the end of their stories in SWTOR so I guess noones opinion, including any of yours are worthless. Whah whah....

So how about just going around this forum spreading garbage you actually be constructive for once instead of pointlessly trying to disregard others in this thread and others in this part of the forum.
    Constructive for once? What exactly is that supposed to mean?

I was entirely constructive. Many of you posting that the story is overrated have not experienced even half of it. Don't give a half-assed opinion is my message.

I already posted my opinion, but I just wanted to thank everyone for actually using spoiler tags and not ruining things for people that haven't seen them yet. Thats really considerate of everyone, well done SWTOR forum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling a Jedi Shadow right now, and I gotta say the story isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The analogy I make is a huttball one. Consular is akin to running the ball through the middle and passing it up to someone who runs through the fire and scores. They don't spike the ball, but they make the play that allows for someone to spike the ball.

I'm only at Hoth so far, but I am definitely digging the story and interested in seeing where it goes. I've also been surprised at how much I like the companions thus far. I hated Qyzen at the beginning, but I'm starting to like him more than I do Khem. I don't like Theran, but he is definitely a multi-dimensional character (full disclosure, I don't like any of the other healing companions I've played outside of Mako). And Zenith is another interesting character whose background has interested me.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BH story was so good, I leveled 2!

But seriously, it has a pretty good weight to it, even if the hunt feels like it drags on for waaaay too long. I think Mako's companion story is a really nice addition to what you are already doing, people who want to be a darkside BH might not like any of it TBH. It definitely feels designed more around a grey to heavy light side character.

Making all of the dark choices only seems like it would be awkward...especially since only one companion will love you for it while 3 will completely hate you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post

Chapter 2 was brilliant, though.
    Yeah, I agree, but it seems BioWare likes to force such endings given ME3.

I might resub soon to check out another class, haven't played the game in months, so I shouldn't get bored by the sidequests so fast now
    Same.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I'm leveling a Jedi Shadow right now, and I gotta say the story isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The analogy I make is a huttball one. Consular is akin to running the ball through the middle and passing it up to someone who runs through the fire and scores. They don't spike the ball, but they make the play that allows for someone to spike the ball.
    Not sure you understand at all how to play Huttball as consular.

Your force speed allows you to run through fire, from top it allows you to not hit the fire at all. Your friendly grab allows you to immediately carry the ball carrier up, even through fire, or up from pit. Your knockback is strong near fire and acid and finally your stealth allows you to be surprise carrier.

It is also an excellent solo class (except for full seer, but that is with every healer).

So what exactly is your analogy?

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 12:22 AM ----------

Not sure you understand at all how to play Huttball as consular.

Your force speed allows you to run through fire, from top it allows you to not hit the fire at all. Your friendly grab allows you to immediately carry the ball carrier up, even through fire, or up from pit. Your knockback is strong near fire and acid and finally your stealth allows you to be surprise carrier.

It is also an excellent solo class (except for full seer, but that is with every healer).

He's saying that the Consular storyline is all about assisting other people, you're not really in the spotlight but you're still essential to the process.

10+ Year Old Account

I think you missed the point of an analogy entirely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorian View Post
    He's saying that the Consular storyline is all about assisting other people, you're not really in the spotlight but you're still essential to the process.
    Oh, well, if you think the consular's role is that in Huttball... uhhh.. OK.

Oh, well, if you think the consular's role is that in Huttball... uhhh.. OK.

He's not saying that's the role of Consulars in Huttball, he's saying that the Consular storyline is like someone passing the ball up the ramp for an assist. You don't get the highlight but without you there is no score.

10+ Year Old Account
    Velorian has stated it pretty clearly in 2 posts. If lolalola can't grasp the concept by now, then it might be best to move on. ~_^

But yeah, the Jedi Knight is all about spiking the ball and getting big ceremonies while the Jedi Consular seems to be more about getting the right people together at the right time with the right resources. I would *almost* call it a little bit of espionage, but I don't want to step on the Agent's Story's toes.

Another example would be Kyle Katarn in Dark Forces. In the first mission he is essentially getting the Death Star plans into Rebel hands. Its an exciting mission for Kyle, but one the galaxy will never hear about. And while Luke and the Rebel Forces celebrate the victory, the weak spot would never we known had Kyle not carried out the covert mission.

Deleted
    Good diplomats are good spies.

I reread your post and understand now that you weren't talking about consular role on Huttball.