Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    560 Ti is a bit much, and it's a bit on the expensive side. You can get an EVGA 550 ti for much less and get better performance out of it.
    I don't see how the 550 gets "better performance" care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I don't see how the 550 gets "better performance" care to elaborate?
    It doesn't, he's talking out of his ass. The 550ti is significantly worse than a 560, and the 560 is significantly worse than the 560ti.

Edit: Here's a good article for you to check out, shows the best graphics cards for certain price points. Probably the most recommended article by people when it comes to 'which video card should I get for ___$?'
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-3.html

Funny how it doesn't even have the 550ti even though you get 'better performance' out of it. Pretty specifically says NOT to get it. Silly article must be wrong. /endsarcasm. Sorry, I have just NEVER seen the 550ti recommended. It's just not a good card, even for the price point.
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-06-23 at 04:01 AM.

running
    2500k tried out 3.2ghz to 4.5 ghz
    asrock extreme 7
    8gb 1600
    560GTX (it came after the Ti) with aftermarket cooling (arctic)

and i was grinding down to 10 frames in WvW with max settings with alot going on... constant 60fps or greater in normal(non WvWvW play)

this is in early betas though as they haven't optimised the WvW play

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    It doesn't, he's talking out of his ass. The 550ti is significantly worse than a 560, and the 560 is significantly worse than the 560ti.
    yeah 550ti is bad..... but 560 and 560 ti are actually very close

Quote Originally Posted by WarJames View Post
    running
    asrock extreme 7
    8gb 1600

and i was grinding down to 10 frames in WvW with max settings with alot going on... constant 60fps or greater in normal(non WvWvW play)

this is in early betas though as they haven't optimised the WvW play

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 11:58 AM ----------

yeah 550ti is bad..... but 560 and 560 ti are actually very close
    They can't be that close if I was getting 30FPS and you were getting 10. xD
    (Same processor at the same overclock, no aftermarket cooling on my 560ti.)

Also, there's a 560GTX that came out after the 560GTX-ti? Are you sure? =P
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-06-23 at 04:08 AM.

hehe yes im pritty sure i read when I was purchasing the 560 that it was a later model

and the fps ranges from 10-60 in WvW the cards are almost identical

Im curious after his budget and the purpose of that pc. He has a high-end processor, if his pc is for gaming then why settle for a budget graphics card that will be outdated in mere months? Just do it right, get a good card and your pc will last you atleast 2 years of running pretty much everything on high/max. Instead of running into the same issues with other games in the near future because you let the gpu be a massive bottleneck.

So if he just wants a card to match the rest of the system for gaming then dont settle for anything less then the gtx670 or HD 7950. In a high-end system build for gaming your graphics card is pretty much always the most expensive piece of hardware.

running
    asrock extreme 7
    8gb 1600

this is in early betas though as they haven't optimised the WvW play[COLOR="red"]

So you overclocked your cpu? Bare in mind that Arenanet has pretty much said that as a result of poorly optimized software there is a good chance that hardware that is overclocked will actually perform significantly worst. With cpu being the thing that carries GW2 mostly right now, having that suffer a performance drop will be quite noticeable.

Try turning down, or off, your shadows and shaders.
    Last edited by terrahero; 2012-06-23 at 07:50 AM.

560 and 2500k should run like butter, there isnt much better you can get??? its down to the dev's i think

however im going to over-compensate with a 670

last resort is turn the settings down lol

edit: I think what you mean is some overclocked video cards were lagging out and reverting them to stock worked
    I never overclock video and tried CPU stock and overclock... no difference
    Last edited by WarJames; 2012-06-23 at 08:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minimum requirements are an "NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)".

Some of you need to settle down.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

560 and 2500k should run like butter, there isnt much better you can get??? its down to the dev's i think

however im going to over-compensate with a 670

last resort is turn the settings down lol

edit: I think what you mean is some overclocked video cards were lagging out and reverting them to stock worked
    I never overclock video and tried CPU stock and overclock... no difference
    Well that is odd. Maybe its an issue with the drivers then. If not then it really comes down on your gpu, your cpu is more then solid enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Minimum requirements are an "NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)".

Some of you need to settle down.
    Minimum to run the game on low at 1024x768 yes.

I had some bad fps trying to run the game on my old Radeon HD 5770 at medium settings 1920x1200, but with my GTX670 it runs pretty smooth at max settings.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-06-23 at 08:55 AM.

Deleted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...rce_500_Series

nope.

GeForce GTX 560 Ti January 25, 2011

GeForce GTX 560 May 17, 2011

??????

also yeah terrahero drivers and GW2 is the problem of fps not being as it should.. a 560 can run a much more graphical game than GW2 smoothly
    Last edited by WarJames; 2012-06-23 at 09:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Minimum to run the game on low at 1024x768 yes.

I had some bad fps trying to run the game on my old Radeon HD 5770 at medium settings 1920x1200, but with my GTX670 it runs pretty smooth at max settings.
    This is still an MMO. ANet would be retarded to release an MMO that requires you to buy the latest graphics card (i.e. 600 series GeForce) to play maxed as some people here have been suggesting.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    This is still an MMO. ANet would be retarded to release an MMO that requires you to buy the latest graphics card (i.e. 600 series GeForce) to play maxed as some people here have been suggesting.
    Not entirely. They have a very large range of graphics settings, especially planned for release. Direct X, Shaders, Shadows, model detail, water reflections, world detail, view distance, AA. Graphically its a pretty good game if you go for max everything.

So why is it retarted? The people who care about highly detailed water reflections, realistic shadows, max shaders, largest view distance etcetc are probably already running a pretty strong pc because thats what games demand. Those who only care to play a game like GW2 and dont run a 1800$ rig probably dont care about seeing a tree reflected in the water.

Infact, i run one of those expensive rigs and i dont care. Performance above all else, if my fps is below 60 then i scale down my graphics untill it isnt.

If your budget is around $300 dollar I would get the TOP variant of the asus DCII 570gtx. Relatively cheap and you'll be able to run every game on max settings with very high frame rates up to 1080p.

I would personally wait for the 660 though.

670/80/90 are top of the line, but useless unless you play on extremely high resolutions or on multiple screens.

GeForce GTX 560 Ti January 25, 2011

GeForce GTX 560 May 17, 2011

??????
    Thought it was the other way around. Either way, according to wikipedia the 560 was designed to be a slower and cheaper alternative to the 560ti.
    On 17 May 2011, Nvidia launched a less expensive (non-Ti) version of the GeForce GTX 560 to strengthen Nvidia's price-performance in the $200 range. Like the faster GTX 560 Ti that came before it, this video card is also faster than the GeForce 460.
    I'm sure the 560 is a fine card, but it's not 'almost identical' as far as video cards go. It's a 5-10FPS gap in most games, which is pretty significant for the price difference.
    Especially if your FPS was going down to 10 as you said earlier in WvW while mine is only going down to 25-30 in the same situation (big 100 man gate bashings) with basically the same rig besides the GPU. (2500k @ 4.5, 8GB ram)

10+ Year Old Account
    560ti > 560
    Must I fight all your wars for you?

http://www.hwcompare.com/10981/gefor...ce-gtx-560-ti/

SLI 680s.
    You know you want to xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    SLI 680s.
    You know you want to xD
    Relevant to you

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Must I fight all your wars for you?

http://www.hwcompare.com/10981/gefor...ce-gtx-560-ti/
    Benchmarks and comparisons have already linked, he's insisting there is no difference between the two. Which is silly.