Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Problem with that is that Midichlorians can't be created/cloned/exchanged from one living organism to another.
    No... The galaxy simply lacks the technology to do so...

"Midi-chlorians could be detected through a blood test by measuring their concentration in a being's red blood cells" - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Midi-chlorian

If they can measure their concentration, in collected blood, they can be harvested...
    Last edited by openair; 2012-07-01 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    No... The galaxy simply lacks the technology to do so...

"Midi-chlorians could be detected through a blood test by measuring their concentration in a being's red blood cells" - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Midi-chlorian

If they can measure their concentration, in collected blood, they can be harvested...
    If they could be harvested, they would had already done so. Given that 4000 years later, they still don't know how, it should not be possible in the Tor timeline.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    If they could be harvested, they would had already done so. Given that 4000 years later, they still don't know how, it should not be possible in the Tor timeline.
    They have done so, with varying degrees of success. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Midi-chlorian

"Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Plagueis, who discovered a way to manipulate the midi-chlorians to create new life."

"When Darth Tenebrous was killed by his apprentice on Bal'demnic, amidst the billions upon billions of individual midi-chlorians in his cells, a tiny fraction of his midi-chlorians were not dying. They would not die as long as they inhabited a living host. These especially tenacious midi-chlorians were privately named maxi-chlorians by Tenebrous himself, and had been altered to be long-lived midi-chlorians, and would migrate, not in the Force, but into Plagueis, as a retrovirus designed to infect the host's blood, in order to gain conscious beyond death"

"The Sith virus known as the Sickness could alter the midi-chlorians within an infected individual. The Sith Lord Darth Drear devised it as a means of immortality, the final step of which involved eating the living heart of a Jedi, and thus obtaining an infusion of midi-chlorians from the Jedi's blood. He was never able to capture a Jedi with sufficiently high midi-chlorian count before dying, however"

"The seventeenth Viscount Malreaux of the esteemed House Malreaux, along with a consortium of others, worked to genetically manipulate the midi-chlorians and thereby enhance the counts of Vjun's population. They were successful, but at a cost; when the entire planet became Force-sensitive with no mental training to handle it, the populace went mad and murdered each other."

"Force-sensitive members of the rock-based B'rknaa species had microscopic midi-chlorian-infused structures that were very different from the midi-chlorian-infused cells of organic beings."

Also technology in a galaxy constantly at war doesn't always advance in one direction at a steady pace (There's lots of other evidence of this). New discoveries are destroyed in battle. There are more Rakata relics to be found and tinkered with 3600 years closer to their existance.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-07-02 at 12:39 AM.

I completely agree with the person above me. Just because somebody hasn't figured it out yet doesn't mean it's impossible. Somebody "not figuring it out yet" is the basis for a lot of stories already.

One thing we can say for sure though; bathing somebody in Jedi blood is not one of the methods that works. That's what Count Duku tried to do to make Grevious force sensitive.

I am personally more curious about the relation to droids not having their memories wiped for hundreds of years being required for them to "supposedly" become force sensitive. That just seems odd to me and makes me wonder how having a memory would have an impact on if you were aware of the force or not. Makes me wonder if a Jedi had amnesia could he wake-up and not sense the force anymore? It's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am personally more curious about the relation to droids not having their memories wiped for hundreds of years being required for them to "supposedly" become force sensitive. That just seems odd to me and makes me wonder how having a memory would have an impact on if you were aware of the force or not. Makes me wonder if a Jedi had amnesia could he wake-up and not sense the force anymore? It's just weird.
    I assume it has to do with the "force numbness".

It may take droids longer to connect with the force naturally than organics due to it.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The idea is that natural force sensitivity requires sentience (but not all sentients are force sensitive). Droids are not sentient/intelligent when they roll off a factory floor, or just had their memory wiped. They are programmed to appear so. But driods learn and write new programming for themselves. So after left to develop for a long period, with no memory wipes, driods can actually become sentient. (This is why C3P0 and R2D2 do not behave as most driods.)

A jedi with amnesia, where the amnesia affects their memory of their training, would possibly lose most/some of their ability to use the force (as though they had never been trained).
    Last edited by openair; 2012-07-02 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post

A jedi with amnesia, where the amnesia affects their memory of their training, would possibly lose most/some of their ability to use the force (as though they had never been trained).
    and of course, Revan, strong in the force, amnesia, had to relearn. Came quite naturally to him of course, but then his memories also returned.

I think the thing that should be a given in these discussions is of course that Star Wars has a very basic background, then diverges quickly into "whatever the plot requires at the moment".

If we step away from out pre-conceived ideas of what is and isn't logical in the Star Wars lore,

we need to consider that SWTOR is an ongoing evolution of the lore. Just like other games used MMORPG titles to extend the lore of their respective franchise.

I can agree with many that much of what I have read would conclusively suggest that droids can't be force sensitive.

That being said, if the current story suggests that it may be possible to come up with some sort of technology to foster force-sensitivity in droids, I don't see how we can scream that it's anti-lore. The game itself is an avenue of creating and altering lore, is it not? I played the Jedi Knight story myself and I remember the exact story the OP is speaking of.

Again, this is me standing back and trying to be objective. If you regard the game itself as a potential avenue of lore extension, I can see it happening for sure. This could even open up droid species as playable in the future, I'd think.

I can think of PC games that branched into MMORPGs where the lore was drastically changed and altered by the events that occurred during the MMORPG. One could say "based on lore, this doesn't make sense." However, I was under the impressions that MMORPGs exist exactly for that purpose - to allow for a more interactive development of story lore - not just something we read from a previous book or movie that we take as permanent set-in-stone fact.

I can see other plotholes that weaken the argument that droids could be force-sensitive, but those are beyond the scope of the OPs original question so I'll refrain.