Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You're better off farming low level maps than going Tidal Island, man. You get a lot more itens due to the item quantity and you also have a bigger chance of getting uniques from bosses and rogue exiles.

If you can't map, sure, I guess that's a good place. Never really tried since I used to go to City of Sarn only.
    Again, being a self found solo player maps are not really a viable option...to hard to sustain...i do them every now and then for something different to do but don't have anything over a level 68 map yet...at that level normal farming is faster, until i get enough maps to work up to the higher level ones through the vendor recipe....if i can't get uniques out of piety or dominus semi regularly then i doubt i'd be getting much in maps either(given that the had their drop rates buffed a while back)

Deleted
    How are maps hard to sustain? 66 maps are so easy to come by and to make them have a good quantity too.

Just throw a trans and no more than 5 alts. Since you farm mobs a lot you should come across a lot of rares. Pick all rare items you can get and just vendor them. You can sustain a good amount of alts and trans this way which should be easy to sustain magic 66 maps.

Farming uniques is all nice and dandy but doing so without a mf is pretty pointless, so unless you have someone that can mf with you, there's really no point in farming Piety and/or Dom.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2014-09-01 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Farming uniques is all nice and dandy but doing so without a mf is pretty pointless, so unless you have someone that can mf with you, there's really no point in farming Piety and/or Dom.
    My culling flame totem disagrees with you. Between that and minor random amounts of IIR I get a decent amount of rares doing Piety/Domi, nothing great but still worth over farming a normal zone.

Unrelated note. Love the new crafting system, found a Harbinger and a scepter while mapping that I crafted IPD/1% leech on to and made 8 exalts from spending 5 chaos in a single day.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Unrelated note. Love the new crafting system, found a Harbinger and a scepter while mapping that I crafted IPD/1% leech on to and made 8 exalts from spending 5 chaos in a single day.
    I like it because it makes it so much easier to do x-class items. Trying to play a Freezing Pulse char with ES/armor? You'll have no sweat getting the 3 green slots you need with Vorici.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    My culling flame totem disagrees with you. Between that and minor random amounts of IIR I get a decent amount of rares doing Piety/Domi, nothing great but still worth over farming a normal zone.
    I guess it could be worth it if you have the damage to do it pretty fast, otherwise, I don't see why anyone would do it and expect unique drops pretty often. And I mean, most uniques that drop are somewhat meh, and he's self found, so it's not like those uniques will give much profit but.... meh......

Sustaining maps isn't that hard as a self found player. You just have to farm the right non-map zones efficiently and use your currency smartly for the maps you do get out of Battlefield, Docks, Library, Catacombs and Lunaris.

If you are able to clear fast enough a rotation through those zones will net you about 1-3 maps on average. Roll 66s with Trans/Alts, your best maps at any given time should be alch'd. The chances of sustaining a map pool via that process are much higher than alternate methods for self found.

Or join a guild/party so you can crank out shared maps effectively. This provides the highest return on currency investment. So much so that even if you were to do a day or two of group/guild based mapping one would likely not need to do so again for a long time. The quantity relative to costs is very high, not to mention the progression through tiers ramps up exponentially.

The time it takes to progress solo through 66-->70 is cut in half easily with a group. A guild group can get you there almost 3x as fast I reckon. As the pool resources and combined damage synergy of a real guild trivialize all but the most demanding mods on the toughest maps. Even then the chances of success are highly favorable to a guild group- highly.

There is just a huge advantage to playing with friends in every regard. To say nothing of the bonus friends provide to Master farming; 20 people in your guild have their Zana daily ready to go? You just won the game.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-09-01 at 06:01 PM.

IIR, IIQ and currency craft should be reworked, right now these thing are just for the rich people, there is a huge gap between a poor player and a rich player. And like Fencers said, playing in a party is highly rewarded in exp and loot if you have a dedicated culler and you are not going to run out of maps ever.

Its not just that MF-ing/Culling is for the wealthy.The free market economy w/ no regulation just promotes huge economic inequality as an eventuality 100% of the time.

The richer get SUPER rich and the poor just kinda scrape by in POE. There is like no economic regulation in Path of Exile.

Attempt to craft a perfect Physical Wand like that guy on Reddit today. Just try it.

Some other guy was paying 1 exalt per Zana daily in chat this morning. 1 exalt per. The vast majority will never reach that level of throwaway wealth. It's unreal the disparity.

Path of Exploitation.

Deleted
    The moment that guy said he used 10k alts on his wand my jaws dropped right away on that moment. Lmao.

I am not joking, there are players who can afford literally 900 exalts for a dagger. Ever see Hegemony's stash tabs? He actually has whole stash pages filled with exalted orbs. Manocean burning 1000s of fusings nightly or the extreme degree he is able to MF/Cull?

These people are playing a different game than most of us.

Anywho, speaking of Maps... I got in two map runs while my son was sleeping. Found 6 maps. XD

Well, at least the truly godly rare gear is still truly godly and rare. There are certain other games in the genre where getting a full set of near best in slot gear takes a matter of hours after hitting end game, which makes the concept of wealth not even exist. I'd prefer Shavs to just be a distant dream, it makes farming more fun because I can actually one myself (and then I'LL be the cool kid on the block) and there is an actual sense of progression.

And he will get his money backs for the mirror fee.

With all the new additions, I've made it up to 72 maps mostly solo running relatively easy maps with some alching here and there... getting free maps from Zana and the extra mobs from other master quests and beyonders seems to make getting map drops a good deal easier. Maybe I'm just lucky even I'm yet to see a Carto box in a map.

I wish I hadn't used up all my luck on drops in 1MHC though, so far my drops have been nonexistent even I'm running 200% IIR culling. In 1 month I didn't even play up to level 70 maps and still found Exalts lying around, Thief's Torment, Le Heup, randomly chanced a Lightning Coil, found plenty of other decent uniques and rares and to top it off got a Pledge of Hands in a level 66 map when helping a friend with a Twinned boss.

Who is ready to become a man today

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I could run that map on an RF build but anything with temp chains is a freakin' NOPE. Not gonna deal with it.

Nothing, I mean nothing, enrages me in video games like snares, roots, slows, et cetera.

Edit. No mana or life regen? No. I'm fine with my tea set and crumpets.

- - - Updated - - -

Ghostflame Reggae Spirits MTX is going live:

*Must buy*

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Ghostflame Reggae Spirits MTX is going live:

*Must buy*
    They indeed look nice, the but yellow/orange fire of the actual summon clashes too much for me.

Deleted

Nothing, I mean nothing, enrages me in video games like snares, roots, slows, et cetera.
    Agree...temporal chains maps are just too damn annoying. My least favourite area in the entire game is the place between Fairgraves and Merveil caves (the coves I think it's called?). Those tar-zombies make me want to kill a puppy (ok, not really, but still :P ). Maps with patches of tar/ice I always do cause they're easy...but they're still frustrating ^^

Edit: I never realized it was THIS hard to find something decent unique. For the first time I've got a 18% IIQ/200%IIR culling MFer, and the only unique I ever found that I got more than 1 chaos from was Saffell's frame. For the rest I keep finding Asphyxia's quivers (found like 4 of those) and other 1alch uniques. And I've been playing...a lot (well...not as much as people without a job I guess). About 100 hours since release of Forsaken Masters. Hoping RNGegus will smile on me soon!
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2014-09-03 at 06:03 AM.

I could run that map on an RF build
    Magnus and Phoenix sitting in a tree...

Also yeah I agree, hah, temp chains maps are really annoying. At least you get 10 second quicksilvers to make it slightly less terrible. I think I can handle this map, not sure, will probably try it though. WoE makes for a pretty tanky melee build but I don't have BoR yet so it's not total godmode.

I figured ghostflame raging spirits would be a thing if the bear pet made it to America. I want to say it's nice that GGG listens to its customers, but then again, easiest pile of cash they ever made =p
    Still nice of them to some degree, though.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2014-09-03 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

You'll die like a man too :3
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Edit: I never realized it was THIS hard to find something decent unique. For the first time I've got a 18% IIQ/200%IIR culling MFer, and the only unique I ever found that I got more than 1 chaos from was Saffell's frame. For the rest I keep finding Asphyxia's quivers (found like 4 of those) and other 1alch uniques. And I've been playing...a lot (well...not as much as people without a job I guess). About 100 hours since release of Forsaken Masters. Hoping RNGegus will smile on me soon!
    Welcome to Path of Trading.