Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Some times that is worthless due to screen freezing...
    Never had any issues with it, sounds more like a local PC issue than anything. Even if my screen would freeze a frame it really doesn't matter as the mine goes off and I'm ported to safety.

Whirling is another good option although it's caused me to die in the past due to desync, you think you're on one side of the box when in fact you're on the other so you try to whirl through the box which isn't possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Never had any issues with it, sounds more like a local PC issue than anything. Even if my screen would freeze a frame it really doesn't matter as the mine goes off and I'm ported to safety.

Whirling is another good option although it's caused me to die in the past due to desync, you think you're on one side of the box when in fact you're on the other so you try to whirl through the box which isn't possible.
    Pretty sure it can't be pc issues since my computer is pretty much above average. I think it's related to pocket loss or something but I'm not really sure to be honest.

That is easily avoidable if you just use /oos before opening the box though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use smoke mine on my caster even! :P

I didn't even know death had an xp penalty in this game, only played hardcore D: (Well, beyond only because that is where my friends played)

Also, LTB quality (12%+) incinerate if anyone has one on beyond!
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Also, LTB quality (12%+) incinerate if anyone has one on beyond!
    Good luck, after a day or so of camping poe.trade for a 10%+ one I ended up buying one at 5% and spamming GCP on it =p

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I found a Vaal summon skelington that i've started using on my main for box opening. Charge it up and activate it and *bam*, 27 skellies on screen with a General that buffs them. They make a fine distraction for the mobs, but some of the box effects can still wreck my ranger, who does not have the gear to be particularly tanky at L72. Having just recently come back to the game i did not even know there was such a thing as the smoke trap.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone sees any characters running around with names that start with Eye_ Those are one of my legion of alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Good luck, after a day or so of camping poe.trade for a 10%+ one I ended up buying one at 5% and spamming GCP on it =p

I got an 11% one for five chaos...I feel like I got an insanely good deal :P

- - - Updated - - -

on beyond*
    You're a towel.

Damn Tornado Shot/Puncture is such an easy build, rerolled that coming from SRS, atziri down on lvl75, I feel good
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

I hope they dont nerf it to the ground like they did to spectral throw and auras.

Tried Fyndel's low life blood magic wander build with my headhunter belt, it's probably the most fun I ever had in this game. Killing the right rares can get you 100k+ DPS 9 projectile, with chain, power siphon. Anything on the screen just lights up and dies. And my gear is mediocre compared to Fyndel's.

Path of the Grindfest, by Grinding Gears Games. I should've known.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Path of the Grindfest, by Grinding Gears Games. I should've known.
    It's an ARPG what did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    It's an ARPG what did you expect?
    Well, high octane action ofcourse!

The Action of an ARPG is action in the sense that the game renders and interprets actions in addition to the Roll. Whereas non action RPGs with an emphasis on Roll Playing (in contrast to Role and role play) is not necessarily rendered and interpreted.

For example, in Path of Exile and Grim Dawn a projectile is both rendered in the game space and has collision with objects in the game space. This is an action that is preceded by statistical manipulation but not statistical determinism. These are ARPGs.

In Rift or World of Warcraft a projectile is rendered but does not collide with the game space or is rendered through the game space. The outcome is almost purely statistically determined. These are RPGs, specifically MMO-RPGs, but the latter is immaterial to the emphasis of geometry in the game world.

In Vindictus or Guild Wars 2, a projectile is rendered through the game space and has collision with objects in the game space. But is purely deterministic in resolution. These are Action-RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The Action of an ARPG is action in the sense that the game renders and interprets actions in addition to the Roll. Whereas non action RPGs with an emphasis on Roll Playing (in contrast to Role and role play) is not necessarily rendered and interpreted.

For example, in Path of Exile and Grim Dawn a projectile is both rendered in the game space and has collision with objects in the game space. This is an action that is preceded by statistical manipulation but not statistical determinism. These are ARPGs.

In Rift or World of Warcraft a projectile is rendered but does not collide with the game space or is rendered through the game space. The outcome is almost purely statistically determined. These are RPGs, specifically MMO-RPGs, but the latter is immaterial to the emphasis of geometry in the game world.

In Vindictus or Guild Wars 2, a projectile is rendered through the game space and has collision with objects in the game space. But is purely deterministic in resolution. These are Action-RPGs.
    The question wasn't about whether or not the game was an action game about dodging like Mario or anything; I was just exclaiming that the game becomes very boring after Act 3.

I was just exclaiming that the game becomes very boring after Act 3.
    "OK"...

Again it's an ARPG, they are grindy by nature, so what did you expect? And what did you aim to achieve by coming here to complain that an ARPG is grindy?

The question wasn't about whether or not the game was an action game about dodging like Mario or anything; I was just exclaiming that the game becomes very boring after Act 3.
    In-line post, not a direct reply.

When someone makes an inline post they are speaking to an idea preceding their posting- not directly to you.

You didn't actually ask any question on this page. Thus no answer was provided.

ARPGs are ARPGs because they are RPGs but more focused on the action than the story. Case and point, Diablo and PoE both have very deep lore but 99% of the players couldn't tell you more than ten seconds of it.

I like my definition better.

Video games are only defined by their mechanics of play. Video games are their mechanics.

One can not create video games or play them by any other means. Even "dating sim" games or pretty princess games have to adhere to a set of objective operations to be- I mean to even, be.

God gave this world to man, not to you, little girl!