Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Should the basis for living life be having fun?

We'll should it? Should the sole foundation of living life be about simply having fun and being happy with out any regards for money success or anything else because they are only a means to fun which you may not need?

This is what the bulk of my focus in life is. The thing is, the things I find fun require money, and I enjoy having a good career, so it pretty well looks the same as someone that's career motivated, in practice. Turns out you can't go to Brugge or tour the Italian countryside for free...

This world we live in runs on money. So pretty much in order to have fun you're going to need some cash.

Well, it makes more sense to live life to "have fun" than some other futile alternatives...but I'd be a pretty empty individual if I lived my life only based on that and not by following a specific set of principles and trying to make a better world as far as my possibilities go

Deleted
    In theory, yes. In practice, it's unfortunately difficult to truly have as much fun as you'd like. Everything relies heavily on money these days. If I could afford to, I'd buy my own plot of land in the middle of nowhere and set up my own farm to sustain myself and a family, though I cannot do as such because of the sheer amount of cash it'd require.

Responsible fun, yes. Just remember actions have consequences, and spending too much will put you in debt, and having too much unprotected sex will result in massive child support.

Other than that, have fun!

Deleted
    You are actually asking what is life worth living for? How can I enjoy my life to the fullest while not spending your whole life working or behind bars.

Life is all about balancing necessary chores with fun. If you can find the right balance you can " look forward " to what fun is coming. Work hard from mon-friday, then relax on saturday and sunday and do whatever you want. It's about "earning" your fun... See it as saving/working for that new game, or that new console you wanted.

Deleted
    You should try to have as much fun as possible, but allways remember your responsabilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    The older I get, the more important responsibilities are to me. (Well, they've never been "not" important I guess, at least since I was a little kid.)

Too much fun can be just as bad as too much work.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Well, there's the "do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law". If you believe in this type of thinking that is a mix of nietzsche's übermench and crowley's, well, everything... then yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    We'll should it? Should the sole foundation of living life be about simply having fun and being happy with out any regards for money success or anything else because they are only a means to fun which you may not need?
    Most things that mankind enjoy are considered sins. So question yourself.

To live without rules or morality is true freedom and to live.

Evil = Live

Just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Live for the advancement of humanity.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean to tell me that counting stacks of bennies while laughing at the poor isnt fun??
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

idk

joy wouldnt feel so good if it wasnt for pain. - 50 cent

I would say so. Problem is, I can't seem to have fun. I keep getting in the way.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was watching a documentary last night about jugglaos. They said they've sacrificed houses and jobs and stuff just to go their stupid festival. I did have the attitude that people should do whatever they wanted, but after watching that it's just really, really sad. I think you need a balance of responsibility and fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feardotwin View Post
    Most things that mankind enjoy are considered sins. So question yourself.

To live without rules or morality is true freedom and to live.

Evil = Live

Just a thought.
    Rules and morality are there for a reason... most of all they keep us from killing each other, or from killing ourselves. If your view of life is limited to the right here right now, then it wont be a very long one.

As has been mentioned, drug overdoses, STDs, all-around diseases and ailments... those things aren't fun, but can very easily result from people having "too much fun." So in the interests of having an all-around good life, living in the fast lane isn't the way to do it.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-07-02 at 02:07 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    The last thing I'd ever do would be sucking up to someone else just to keep living, instead of doing what i want myself to live the life i want. I'd rather be a NEET than doing that, but I probably won't even have to try that hard, as finding a job will probably be close to impossible once I graduate

10+ Year Old Account
    Each man to there own. Live is what you want to make of it regardless what other people tell you.