So is ther eANYTHING a commando can do other than sit and die in pvp

ok i will admit i am pretty late in the pvp game here.

but seriously how do you dps commandos survive in pvp nowadays, my last pvp was about 2-3 months ago so i am way to rusty and have a huge gear disparity to all these WH(augmented) ppl out there.

what are the current pvp specs if anybody can help me and since im gear shot would augmenting gear with some endurance help me out??

any advice would be great i consider myself a fresh pvper even though i do have some BM gear but heard that nowadays its crap

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

but seriously how do you dps commandos survive in pvp nowadays, my last pvp was about 2-3 months ago so i am way to rusty and have a huge gear disparity to all these WH(augmented) ppl out there.

what are the current pvp specs if anybody can help me and since im gear shot would augmenting gear with some endurance help me out??

any advice would be great i consider myself a fresh pvper even though i do have some BM gear but heard that nowadays its crap
    Commandos are suppose to get guard priority and a tank should be spot taunting melee that are on the commando.

A second way commandos can protect themselves is to go cybertech. The wyntech cyro grenade offers an escape against 1-4(5?) melee.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

If you're in Full Battlemaster with full augments on every piece of gear you should do considerably better since most Augmented all 12 pieces of gear the day they were allowed. If you are completely augmented thats +360 stats of your choosing other than the endurance side of all the Augments which is huge in survivability. I Have 4 pieces of Warlord on my Sage and she hits sooooo much harder than my Inf Shadow thats Full blown Warlord Augmented. Commandos took a serious nerfing after 1.2 if I recall correctly

People say it all the time but it really comes down to pvping with another person perferrably a tank with shield get matched up with other premades

Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    If you're in Full Battlemaster with full augments on every piece of gear you should do considerably better since most Augmented all 12 pieces of gear the day they were allowed. If you are completely augmented thats +360 stats of your choosing other than the endurance side of all the Augments which is huge in survivability. I Have 4 pieces of Warlord on my Sage and she hits sooooo much harder than my Inf Shadow thats Full blown Warlord Augmented. Commandos took a serious nerfing after 1.2 if I recall correctly
    Maybe I'm missing something, but there's 14 slots in this game, and they can all be augmented, so not sure why you're saying 12 unless you're assuming that everyone had already, previous to 1.3, augmented 2 slots?

OP, I play a commando, gunnery spec and before I knew about recruit gear, I regular got whacked pretty quickly. Once I got recruit gear, I didn't get killed so easily and had some time pop my shield, heal or just run away. Now that I have a full set of partially augmented Battlemaster gear, I can hold my own pretty well.

I kinda suck at pvp, it's not my massive skills that keep me alive. It's mostly having good gear and a bit of common sense.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    OP, I play a commando, gunnery spec and before I knew about recruit gear, I regular got whacked pretty quickly. Once I got recruit gear, I didn't get killed so easily and had some time pop my shield, heal or just run away. Now that I have a full set of partially augmented Battlemaster gear, I can hold my own pretty well.

I kinda suck at pvp, it's not my massive skills that keep me alive. It's mostly having good gear and a bit of common sense.
    Very much this. There was a dev post awhile back explaining about how expertise is the most important stat in PvP and that if you don't have it you will be killed really really quickly. The Recruit Gear helps to at the very least give you a fighting chance, once you get gear beyond that it gets even better. If however you have the better PvP gear and you are still getting killed super quick there is something very wrong going on.

Check out the thread

Arsenal Bounty Hunter: Are YOU Doing It Right?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Doing-It-Right

Deleted
    Aslo, pyrotech specialized commandos are awesome. Great spec, with a lot of DPS and utility.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Being a DPS Gunnery Commando in a WZ can be tough. You have some of the worst mobility in the game (though not the worst), casting abilities are your main DPS, heavy armor that doesn't do much for protection/was recently nerfed, not that great of escape-ability, ramp up time to full damage capability and a complete lack of an interrupt.

The only real upside is that a Commando can put out some serious damage if left alone. However, chances of that happening aren't that high unless the other team is bad. Commandos are regularly one of the first focus fire targets along/after healers due to their lack of mobility, survivability and ease of locking down casts. Unless you are playing with team members who realize this and support you against a decent team, things can be a little rough.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Commandos are suppose to get guard priority and a tank should be spot taunting melee that are on the commando.

A second way commandos can protect themselves is to go cybertech. The wyntech cyro grenade offers an escape against 1-4(5?) melee.
    well good thing i am a cyber lol. i heard that the cyber nades arnt all that great for PvP so i didnt make any but will work on getting that cryo nade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    well im not FULL BM gear maybe 3-5 pieces ill have to look being os long since i pvped and rest is recruit gear i bought at start of 1.2. sadly i put al my creds on my alts for the xp boost so currently broke but have some guildies selling me aug kits on the cheap gonna take time since i gotta get my Ops gear auged first
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilack View Post
    People say it all the time but it really comes down to pvping with another person perferrably a tank with shield get matched up with other premades
    most tanks that use guards use them on the healers and i dont blame them more heals equals more survive also it gets them their badges faster
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Very much this. There was a dev post awhile back explaining about how expertise is the most important stat in PvP and that if you don't have it you will be killed really really quickly. The Recruit Gear helps to at the very least give you a fighting chance, once you get gear beyond that it gets even better. If however you have the better PvP gear and you are still getting killed super quick there is something very wrong going on.
    im bout 1/2 BM recruit already just need to get augs

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Being a DPS Gunnery Commando in a WZ can be tough. You have some of the worst mobility in the game (though not the worst), casting abilities are your main DPS, heavy armor that doesn't do much for protection/was recently nerfed, not that great of escape-ability, ramp up time to full damage capability and a complete lack of an interrupt.

The only real upside is that a Commando can put out some serious damage if left alone. However, chances of that happening aren't that high unless the other team is bad. Commandos are regularly one of the first focus fire targets along/after healers due to their lack of mobility, survivability and ease of locking down casts. Unless you are playing with team members who realize this and support you against a decent team, things can be a little rough.
    lol yea Dakia as SOON as i hit the ground i got 2 maras a IA vibrocoward and a sorc all blasting me and im dead in 2.5 seconds lol

i am getting better at being a smuggler commando and using duck and cover tactics and i can get in a few good kills

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xcitement View Post
    Check out the thread

Arsenal Bounty Hunter: Are YOU Doing It Right?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Doing-It-Right
    Xcit i am not interested in a PvE point of view im talking pvp that guie focies on the PvE aspect of the game