Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    Um..you don't think we have had gold buyers in our raid? If so your IQ is about as low as your PR rank. "Pad strats" with a buyer? Ya we wanna waste their time /s. Only thing you are wasting is your time making excuses for your PR rank. I'd say its pretty good for having a normal Thok trinket up until a few weeks ago, might explain my "weak ass parses". Try looking me up on Tich where I actually had loot priority and wasn't 3+ months behind on gear from moving to another clan this tier.

cy@
    All I see is mad and excuses. Grats on your first time ranks bro. I know it must be exciting for you but you don't have to go to a forum and boast about it kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    All I see is mad and excuses. Grats on your first time ranks bro. I know it must be exciting for you but you don't have to go to a forum and boast about it kid.
    You know Proraiders aggregates (do you know that word?) all the ranks from different bosses and puts them together right? Also, I'm pretty sure I listed one excuse while you listed..Seven? Excuses for why you are behind me. Seven excuses? Aren't you 8 spots behind me on NA/EU???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

You know Proraiders aggregates (do you know that word?) all the ranks from different bosses and puts them together right? Also, I'm pretty sure I listed one excuse while you listed..Seven? Excuses for why you are behind me. Seven excuses? Aren't you 8 spots behind me on NA/EU???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?
    Is this kid serious? You talk like a 14 year old CoD player. I expect you will make tons of friends here. To your point though, you do realize parsing at this stage in the game means absolutely nothing right? Parsing = rng, strat catered to you, gear, and outside buffs (if applicable). There is no skill. Any ret on the top 100 of proraiders is probably equal in skill. Our rotation is a joke. Nothing differentiates spot #1 and spot #100 besides a strat and rng. The parsing game is all fun and games when it's equal footing. The second people start cheesing it with pad strats is when it gets lame. That's when I stopped trying to compete because you can't compete with #1 when they do this shit. Not to mention trying to get a parse when half of your raid is alts isn't going to work.

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...den/Skilldotgg @ those names. Definite douche or teenager or both. Why hasn't this half ass troll been banned yet?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    ...Try looking me up on Tich...
    Looks like Tich was...

*Sunglasses*

Not for you...

Nah but seriously ranking isn't a terribly good measure of skill. Your name, however, is...
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

Can we move on from the focus on "I'm so good" and grow up?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Can we move on from the focus on "I'm so good" and grow up?
    Re-quoting this. If you have nothing nice to say about another poster, don't say it.

Deleted
    Get real, ranks are 99% useless.
    While it is certainly true that ranks on some bosses can be exploited to the point where they don't mean much, I can guarantee you that the players who hold high ranks on the bosses that cannot be exploited are very good players. RNG in this game is not significant enough for a bad player to get lucky and pull off a high rank (high rank being top ~10). I've met people who simply disregard maximizing their DPS because ''ranks don't matter'' or ''I'm not a DPS-whore'', what the hell is up with that? It's always beneficial to yourself (and your raid) to stop looking for reasons not to maximize, and just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardox View Post
    While it is certainly true that ranks on some bosses can be exploited to the point where they don't mean much, I can guarantee you that the players who hold high ranks on the bosses that cannot be exploited are very good players. RNG in this game is not significant enough for a bad player to get lucky and pull off a high rank (high rank being top ~10). I've met people who simply disregard maximizing their DPS because ''ranks don't matter'' or ''I'm not a DPS-whore'', what the hell is up with that? It's always beneficial to yourself (and your raid) to stop looking for reasons not to maximize, and just do it.
    Every fight that has an add can be "exploited" by having your raid let you do all the padding. The only fight this tier that "cannot" is Iron Juggernaut and what dictates your rank on that fight is how fast you kill the boss and RNG, seeing as anyone worth their weight will do the rotation correctly. It is always beneficial to maximize your dps, nobody is arguing that. But take a look at all of your parses and the #1s, they are all cheesed except for IJ. Nobody can compete against players who have custom catered strats. It defeats the whole purpose of competition. Thus, proraiders has turned into a cesspool of who spends their raid weeks with pad strats. I sure as hell can't compete against that. My guild's goal is to breeze through 2 14/14H raids as fast as possible to maximize sales. Therefor I must be an inferior paladin because proraiders says so.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhordonnumba1 View Post
    Solsacra is the best and if you're not him you can go hit the dummies dummy! This THE Crazyhordon a top teir raider from Cuties Only(ever heard of it? LOL of course you have idiot).
    Charles was the best ret paladin in the world in tier 13. No one has beat him in his prime. Where was this socrasa you speak of then?

Skill you are flaunting your ego in the worst way possible. You seem like you are just trying to prove something. Contrary to when my ego is showing its just the Anaxie eveyrone loves.

Don't Lie Zardox you know you love my charm *kiss* *kiss*

That said Ujx respect points for the truth. final tier ranking /care I'm not even raiding until WoD lol.

I'm glad you all enjoy the spec. Well see who is around when Season 6 of WoW comes out.

In my eyes though Veterans Raiders still playing the game hold higher prestige then new people coming around thinking their padded ranks gives similar prestige. It doesn't btw. I've been to the top a couple times and put up when told I was making excuses like I care what anyone thinks about me LOL.

Love you all, Reroll if you're a punk. Ret4Lyfe
    Last edited by anaxie; 2014-03-10 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Ret4Lyfe
    Why can't all rets get along
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Deleted
    I apologize if my last post came off as arrogant, I didn't mean for it to. I am hesitant to bring up this topic because it is damn near impossible not to get emotionally involved with the subject, I think that goes for people at both sides of the discussion. If you for whatever reason don't want to rank that's fine, you shouldn't have to justify that to anyone. I don't think that people who have low/no ranks are bad players, I never have. I do however think that people who have high ranks are likely to be good players (discounting hard cheese of course), that is also my experience playing and talking to people who do hold high ranks.

...or you have 60% crit on your abilities instead of the 25-30% you should have
    I'm all for a crit vs mastery debate, but blanket statements like this are false.

What you should or shouldn't have on your gear is dependent on the timing and mechanics of the specific fight imo. If you can play a normal role for your guild (non pad strat), and get higher output with crit reforges, then you definitely should make the switch to crit for that fight. In my case, new fights are eased into over many nights and sometimes weeks. This leaves plenty of time to try a few different setups (like a 50% mastery break point), to see if anything really pops.

I'm in a top guild and we have very few people who have high ranks on Proraiders because we don't let people pad their DPS for ranks by having the rest of the raid ignore adds etc. We just make sure to clear everything in one night so we don't have to go back again. If we have people at the top they are usually the ones who get scolded the most for not doing their job when we wipe. We obviously care about our logs but when we compare ourselves with the top ranks there's always heavy cheesing and perfect RNG involved that shows why people get those ranks. This tier is really a joke when it comes to ranks.

Zardox obviously has a point in above post. Good players should be high ranked. But you can rarely tell among the top 50 players on Proraiders who's better than the other. Perhaps if you play a spec like Ret that is almost extinct in hardcore guilds and therefore highly represented by bad players. But then you can probably already tell if he/she is good based on if they were in the first kills for said guilds during progress.

He is the #2 Ret Paladin in NA
    I just love how US got their own races/ranks. It's like the Paralympics for raiding.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2014-03-11 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    Why can't all rets get along
    There's this myth spreading like wildfire on the internet that if rets suddenly get along with each other and don't cry about nerfs or buffs that Ghost Crawler will make a return

But on a serious note, it's not that ranks aren't showing that you did good. It just shows what you did and (somewhat more importantly) how your raid did, how fast you kill a boss is also very important. Take Iron Juggs which is the "easiest" fight to read this tier, if you kill him at the end of your cds (meaning you use cds asap except delaying guardian for a linup etc) you'll get a better average number than if you kill the boss just before your cds are back up again. Your rank is based on your average dps which means the higher uptime you have of your cds is going to greatly effect your final result. My guild is at the point where we kill Iron Jugg 5sec after my last cds come back up so my average is going to be a lot lower than say someone who killed him when their cds had done their last second of "oomph". Then there's all the minor things like if you're getting tricks, are you ignoring using survival or utility tools that are on the gcd so you don't "waste" dps (which imo goes against everything you should do as a ret...)

It's not about striving to do the best you can do.
    It's about knowing that DPS isn't your ONLY job as a raider, I'm not saying that people don't know that but top ranks in near all cases are of lucky streaks or playing the class or encounter in a way that isn't "intended".
    You can pretty much ask me or anaxie (etc) to go through someones top parse and they'll instantly see something that's outside the "normal", doesn't mean that the person is bad for doing so...

Just to take some example the opening 30sec with hero on your rank 1 iron jugg.
    assuming you got that rank with your current armory reforges (37% crit raid buffed with inq?) during the first 30sec you critted more than what your average would otherwise be. Also because you have 3 warriors you'd have 3x skull banners chaining for those 30seconds as well making it even more effective (not saying that's your fault, just saying that's one of the reasons). Further on if you look on your total average throughout the fight some of your important hitters are doing higher than average, again not your fault. I'm more amazed of that killtime though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    I'm all for a crit vs mastery debate, but blanket statements like this are false.

What you should or shouldn't have on your gear is dependent on the timing and mechanics of the specific fight imo. If you can play a normal role for your guild (non pad strat), and get higher output with crit reforges, then you definitely should make the switch to crit for that fight. In my case, new fights are eased into over many nights and sometimes weeks. This leaves plenty of time to try a few different setups (like a 50% mastery break point), to see if anything really pops.
    Not sure if you misunderstood me, I'm not saying it's bad to go for crit. I'm saying your RNG is higher than what your average should be, nothing wrong with that... just means you had a lucky pull.

Trust me, Numbers, if you have a lucky chain of crits (crit are rng, rng is luck) during cds + heroism and you have a couple warriors chaining skull banners... it makes a huuuge difference. I'm not saying that's any fault in the people using them and I'm not trying to take their close to flawless play away from them, I'm just saying that those numbers are in 99% of cases not replicable from one week to another even with the same setup or players. That's just how things work, now if Zardox (or anyone) wants to prove me wrong on that I'd like to see the same 430k or whatever Zardox did every week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I just love how US got their own races/ranks. It's like the Paralympics for raiding.
    Anafielle said on the Finalboss show that she liked how US guilds rank themselves in a smaller "world".
    I had to bite my lip not to do a quick snap on how that's the only thing that's smaller in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Zardox obviously has a point in above post. Good players should be high ranked. But you can rarely tell among the top 50 players on Proraiders who's better than the other. Perhaps if you play a spec like Ret that is almost extinct in hardcore guilds and therefore highly represented by bad players. But then you can probably already tell if he/she is good based on if they were in the first kills for said guilds during progress.
    the whole idea of ranking is flawed in my eyes, if there was an option to see how a person did the last 5 kills of a boss on the same list or something and then see the average of that then that would give a better picture of "skill" imo because then you're not just showing that one "omfg so amazing rng and trinket procs and so many warrior banners SOMFG OP, GG!" parse.
    You can take a look at the top ranks for Paragons for rets, since when is giving the Scorpion to a ret ever a good idea? Since when is it ever a good idea to use DS on Paragons (except when you're taking the 2 bosses to 50%) obviously there's gonna be some 4set procs going on but using 98 divine storms (on top of scorpion usage) vs only 63 TV?

Like I said, 99% of ranks/parses are simply taking advantage of some encounter things (adds and dps increases mainly) to somehow show how "good" you are. The 1% ranks that are somewhat accurate (like Iron Jugg) still doesn't show you the entire story. You could stack 18 warriors and then have 100% uptime on banner and you'd prob walk to victory on Iron Jugg.

Again, not taking away anything from people who think logs are fun. Just saying they don't mean much, for me anyways...
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2014-03-11 at 12:50 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    My only issue with crit is it's been reduced since...Cata wasn't it? Like they didn't like crits I'm all for Crit being decent for Ret but I like Haste more and more(Along with Mastery). That's just me though. If they're taking Crit away from Agility via double dipping well..it's disappointing but I'll get over it.

Sarcasm post

Anaxie is pure evil.

Sarcasm post end here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm in a top guild
    I don't really want to argue this, but lol. Anyway...

and we have very few people who have high ranks on Proraiders because we don't let people pad their DPS for ranks by having the rest of the raid ignore adds etc. We just make sure to clear everything in one night so we don't have to go back again.
    I just do my rotation and optimize for each fight, it takes 1-3 Tomes and an understanding of a fight. I'm not seeing how preparing for a fight makes the raid night take longer, do you not change your talents or glyphs? I'm sure if you ask your clan leader for gold for tomes they will oblige.

If we have people at the top they are usually the ones who get scolded the most for not doing their job when we wipe. We obviously care about our logs but when we compare ourselves with the top ranks there's always heavy cheesing and perfect RNG involved that shows why people get those ranks. This tier is really a joke when it comes to ranks.
    Are you SURE you are in a top guild? Why would you harass your better players for doing more DPS? And like I said, optimizing your character by getting the correct glyphs/talents isn't "cheesing" or "perfect RNG".

Perhaps if you play a spec like Ret that is almost extinct in hardcore guilds and therefore highly represented by bad players. But then you can probably already tell if he/she is good based on if they were in the first kills for said guilds during progress.

You know ret paladins are one of the most played specs right? 6th most played spec in the game according to a Warcraft statistics site for 6/14H +. Lemme guess all the warlocks are all good that's why you are #112 for affliction (btw there are 3 warlock specs tracked), your favorite spec.

Lemme know when NA players can play on EU servers. cy@
    Last edited by thegoodrogue; 2014-03-11 at 06:31 AM.

Deleted
    Lemme know when NA players can play on EU servers. cy@
    Now? Make a "free" 90 bro!

10+ Year Old Account
    He just referenced the Paralympics? Seriously. And I thought I was the crazy one.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He just referenced the Paralympics? Seriously. And I thought I was the crazy one.
    Yes, its very immature of him, however this game appeals to many ages and he very well could be 12, its not his fault.