Question Free to play up to level15 - When?

So they said its going to be free to play up till level 15 in July, similar to a starter edition of WoW and 'RIFT-LITE version' of Rift.

But it's July now and there's no further info regarding it, so anyone got any idea or any post by the devs regarding this that they have revealed?

EDIT --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like its from July 10th according to their facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Last edited by RAFFLES; 2012-07-06 at 04:21 PM.

As far as I've seen they have only said "in July". Some people have been speculating it's July 15th but I am not sure what that is based on.

Deleted
    As far as the official website just says cooming soon. But on a few news sites its says it will be comming this month in the big update some time at the back end of this month? Not sure how true this is but

It is only free to level 15? How disappointing. I was hoping it would just become F2P so I could play it again, but it just isn't worth the $15 a month (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Timbermaw View Post
    It is only free to level 15? How disappointing. I was hoping it would just become F2P so I could play it again, but it just isn't worth the $15 a month (in my opinion).
    No MMO is worth $15 anymore.

I am hoping that subscribers will get a discount on the cash shop or exclusive mount for being a subscriber for like... 3+ months if and when it does go free to play.

Which, in my opinion, is a better payment model. You don't have to worry about subscribers. Just making skins or content or minipets that people are willing to shell out cash for.

If bioware used its moddable armor concept as BOA skins like league they could make a fortune making a handful of sets (empty of mods) and selling them every few weeks.

That and offer sort of DLC mini patches with additional side quests for your companions that progresses their stories. Maybe unlock a few side planets.

Heck, you could offer "alternate leveling route" packages.

So many options with this game.

No reason to stay with subscription model.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    No MMO is worth $15 anymore.

I am hoping that subscribers will get a discount on the cash shop or exclusive mount for being a subscriber for like... 3+ months if and when it does go free to play.

Which, in my opinion, is a better payment model. You don't have to worry about subscribers. Just making skins or content or minipets that people are willing to shell out cash for.

If bioware used its moddable armor concept as BOA skins like league they could make a fortune making a handful of sets (empty of mods) and selling them every few weeks.

That and offer sort of DLC mini patches with additional side quests for your companions that progresses their stories. Maybe unlock a few side planets.

Heck, you could offer "alternate leveling route" packages.

So many options with this game.

No reason to stay with subscription model.
    Now that's fairly subjective.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Now that's fairly subjective.
    Extremely as it is my opinion.

Was that not clear?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

Was that not clear?
    Kinda seemed more like a fact in the way you presented it....
    *cough* Anyways, even though it's only to level 15, I'm looking forward to it, I did somewhat enjoy SWTOR, played it strictly like the typical BioWare rpg and it was decent as such - so yeah, I'll mess around with it when the trial launches. Hopefully they might have fixed a few things since the last I played it (no doubt).

Kinda seemed more like a fact in the way you presented it....
    *cough* Anyways, even though it's only to level 15, I'm looking forward to it, I did somewhat enjoy SWTOR, played it strictly like the typical BioWare rpg and it was decent as such - so yeah, I'll mess around with it when the trial launches. Hopefully they might have fixed a few things since the last I played it (no doubt).
    Did you not get to this part?

Which, in my opinion, is a better payment model.
    It should have made it clear that the post was opinion.

Should I prefix every post with "Warning: May contain opinion"?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did you not get to this part?

It should have made it clear that the post was opinion.

Should I prefix every post with "Warning: May contain opinion"?
    If you don't want to cause a ruckus - then yes, making sure to point out that it's your opinion and not a fact carved in stone - is a good idea yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbermaw View Post
    I agree, to a certain degree, but I keep my sub active mostly to help them out with funding. If people stop playing and/or paying for it because it's not good right now, then EA will see it's not getting enough support and begin to downsize the department even more. The best thing we can do is just show our support, and most of all show EA that it's a good investment, then they will in turn invest more into making the game better. At this point they don't even consider SWTOR one of their Top 10 valued projects, which is an absolutely idiotic mistake.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

If you don't want to cause a ruckus - then yes, making sure to point out that it's your opinion and not a fact carved in stone - is a good idea yes.
    He replied to someone stating Swtor isn't worth $15 a month, which is an obvious opinion. He replied by saying no game is worth that much. Seems like another obvious opinion to me. Shouldn't need to start every post ever with "this is my opinion" or "this is a fact." Besides, you didn't call out the guy he replied to, so I question your motives.

Outside of that, wether the game is worth $15 or not to anyway, is up to them, but hopefully this free trial will allow more people to try the game and maybe findout that they like it. Although, I'm not personally putting too much weight in it, as most people who wanted a trial has gotten one (I assume) with the friend invites or weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
    So they said its going to be free to play up till level 15 in July, similar to a starter edition of WoW and 'RIFT-LITE version' of Rift.

But it's July now and there's no further info regarding it, so anyone got any idea or any post by the devs regarding this that they have revealed?
    Bioware has proven to be the type that will not release information on a game change or addition until a week or two before it's being deployed.
    Example -- the past few patches have been announced but without a date until literally a week or even a few days before deployment.

So, given that it is the very beginning of July, I would still expect it to come out in July, if that is when Bioware gave a release time

And I feel SWTOR is worth the $15 a month because it's Vanilla WoW with Star Wars.
    So super suck it!

Was that not clear?
    The worst thing about the internet is you have to preface everything with, "in my opinion" or some mouth breather is going to jump all over you for spouting your opinion as fact.