Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

General Chat Plagued!

As the title states, there seems to be a massive plague in General Chat... and the topic at hand is not Religion, Politics, or any other subjects that invoke hostility or huge backlash.

The topic is: Jawas.

Has this plague reached any of your servers yet? I know it has been on mine for a solid 32 hours and counting. Essentially, people make movie references with Jawas somehow in the title. It isn't limited to movies, but anything for that matter. As long as Jawa is slipped into it.

Now, I find it quite humorous but others seem to get filled with rage at the single hint of repeating "Jawassic Park". Its almost as if Thunderfury has re-emerged as Jawa.

I'm just curious if its on other servers yet... if not... be warned.

It is coming.

Deleted
    Its all about Goats on Nightmare lands, but yes, WOW type crazy chat spam is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    As the title states, there seems to be a massive plague in General Chat... and the topic at hand is not Religion, Politics, or any other subjects that invoke hostility or huge backlash.

The topic is: Jawas.

Has this plague reached any of your servers yet? I know it has been on mine for a solid 32 hours and counting. Essentially, people make movie references with Jawas somehow in the title. It isn't limited to movies, but anything for that matter. As long as Jawa is slipped into it.

Now, I find it quite humorous but others seem to get filled with rage at the single hint of repeating "Jawassic Park". Its almost as if Thunderfury has re-emerged as Jawa.

I'm just curious if its on other servers yet... if not... be warned.

It is coming.
    My favorite movies are:
    Jawarunner
    Total Jawa Recall
    Jawa (Dune)
    Jawa Wars
    Jawa (Akira)
    Running Jawa
    Jaranator
    Jawa Plissken in Escape from Narshadaa
    Jawa Gate

I'll think of others later.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Ironically I just saw someone in general asking what class got a Jawa, but that's about it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Ironically I just saw someone in general asking what class got a Jawa, but that's about it for me.
    Enjoy the mindless banter while it lasts... because it is an impending doom.

Ground Zero is Prophecy of the Five.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well a lot better than what I see in other games LOL, you know what Im talking about

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's great. This is the type of stuff that builds community and spreads outside the game by word of mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Enjoy the mindless banter while it lasts... because it is an impending doom.

Ground Zero is Prophecy of the Five.
    It was happening on the Republic side last night too.

Aww I ws hoping this MMO would hold out a bit longer before general WoW stupidity plagued it.

Thankfully at least on my server it hasn't hit critical mass quite yet.

I'm partially inclined to think it has to do partly because of LFG. LFD really turned WoW into a cesspool of social horrors to some degree. I think it might be related to the fact that lazy and annoying people now don't have to work as hard to play the game without actually being a socially upstanding person or that since chat has less of an important purpose because people don't need to find groups with it they've just designated it a sounding board for whatever nonsense they are thinking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaul View Post
    Its all about Goats on Nightmare lands, but yes, WOW type crazy chat spam is here.
    Yep, I've noticed this, and its already incredibly irritating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I think it might be related to the fact that lazy and annoying people now don't have to work as hard to play the game without actually being a socially upstanding person or that since chat has less of an important purpose because people don't need to find groups with it they've just designated it a sounding board for whatever nonsense they are thinking about.
    Players were doing wacky stuff in chat since nearly the beginning of WoW. There was the Thunderfury thing, Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying, <Skill or item> anal, and of course the Chuck Norris mythos that spread outisde the game (and that's just a few).

This is exactly the kind of thing this game needs. I actually think that when the WoW players developed these (with the help of things like Blizzard easter eggs and Leroy Jenkins) it really made WoW almost a cultural experience. People out of the loop wanted to know what this WoW was all about and subscribed.

There are some hysterically funny moments in the quest cut scenes that could take on a life of their own. It's up to us as the community to help these things along. Unfortunately I don't think we'll get much help from BW. I remember a statement early on about there not being any easter eggs, or plans to have easter eggs, in the game.

Deleted
    No 'Ootini!' yet?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, I was seeing this last night in EC. I ended up turning off GC due to the Jawa spam.

You could always throw them completely off by yelling "Anal Jawa"

This is not happening on Jedi Covenant, thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by Thneed View Post
    There are some hysterically funny moments in the quest cut scenes that could take on a life of their own. It's up to us as the community to help these things along. Unfortunately I don't think we'll get much help from BW. I remember a statement early on about there not being any easter eggs, or plans to have easter eggs, in the game.
    Danial Erickson said this, but he was wrong. There are actually quite a few Easter Eggs in the game, they're just more like the original WoW easter eggs (actually hidden) instead of WoW's current model of shoving the easter eggs into main quest arcs.

I logged in last night to see this plague is affecting Jung Ma.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You just need to delegate a problem like this. Anyone with a WoW account needs to log on and start spamming general chat in Org with this jawa thing.

I hear WoW was the first/only game to have annoying chat spam

I honestly don't know if people have been doing this or not. I am still part of general chat but I find I have to actually make a point of reading it or else I just don't notice it...