Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

War of the Greys: Alterac [Open RP]

With the events of "War of the Greys: Forge of Souls" drawing to a close, I thought it would be a bit refreshing to start a new RP. This journey will occur as Causis and the Forsaken fight up in Northrend and will serve as an introduction to the next chapter of the epic Greys saga, "War of the Greys: Lordaeron." Any who have not participated in the previous RP are very welcome to join and I hope to make this story more rich and diverse with more characters. So, everyone is welcome and keep in mind you'll be helping the Forsaken so this is only Horde. Alliance will make a speacial apperance in the Lordaeron RP which I will begin when both of the active roleplays are completed. (Don't worry I hope to keep this short.) For any who are interested fly into Strahnbrad which is located just to the east of the ruined city of Alterac. For the Forsaken!

Warchief's Command Board:

All able bodied members of the Horde are to report to the town of Strahnbrad in the Alterac mountains. Aldoss of the Grey and his people are preparing an assault against the Crushridge ogres in the ruined city of Alterac. All who participate are expected to aid the Grey family in the invasion of this once mighty fortress and further fortify the Horde's grip in Lordaeron. You will find Aldoss and his soldiers in the town square, mind your step when you arrive, the corpses of ogres litter the town. Lok'Tar O'gar! For the Horde!

When the bell tolls in Alterac and her walls are filled, so then will Lordaeron meet misfortune, greater than any before.

10+ Year Old Account
    An Orc Death Knight reads the Command Board in Orgrimmar. My friend is helping the Grey's in Northrend, might chip in in Lordaeron she thought to herself. She Summoned a gateway to Archerus, where she stored most of her weapons and armor when she wasn't fighting. She picked up a 2-handed sword, and sheated it on her back, having the hilt of the sword pointing downward and to the right, instead of the usual upwards as she was able to faster unsheathe her sword this way. she then also picked up two somewhat small axes and sheathed those on the sides of her belt. she equiped her armor, consisting of a breastplate, gloves, leggings and boots made of dark platemail. a belt made of leather (where her axes are sheathed), and a cloak to conceal her weapons when she was traveling. As she exited The Ebon Hold, she got on her undead Gryphon "stabled" at the Hold, and made her way south-west towards Strahnbrad.

As she arrived after a couple of hours of flying, she landed just outside the town, dismounted her Gryphon and walked into the town, the gryphon quickly burst into flames, leaving no trace of it's presence behind. As she walked into the town, she took off her hood, revealing her dark-purple hair, green skin, and icy-blue eyes. She carried a small horde insignia, stiched to front of her cloak, and made her way into the town hall where she looked around for Aldoss.

((i just noticed how much text you can actually get down if you bother explaining what your character is doing.. i might do that some more))

10+ Year Old Account
    The trees of Hillsbrad flew by as a rumbling sound filled the forests. A troll in crystalline armor with an emerald hue watches the trees and listens to the mechanical sounds as he speeds through the foothills. He rides a Mechano-Hog and sports a pair of goblin sunglasses, both of which he earned from a friend who owed him gambling debts. His hands grip the handle bars in an effort to feel the plush leather bewtween his fingers, another gesture to insure he hadn't died and gone to some salvation. Can't be mon, dere be no ladies on my lap.
    The machine glides along the dirt roads toward the mountains. He stops near an intersection where Southshore once stood. There a sign pointed north, "Strahnbrad/ Alterac." The Wishdoctor smiled, "Ya mon, something crazy." He turns right toward the nearby mountain paths and enters the gradual slopes and snowy peaks of the Alterac heights. After about half an hour, the Wishdoctor lets loose his kickstand and rests his bike next to a nearby tree. He's arrived at the old human town of Strahnbrad. Wishdoctor didn;t know too much about this place, other than he had to watch his step. He walked into the town, still with his shades and a smile on his face. He carries a small red hammer with spikes along it's outer edge and a shield, one with a ram's skull on top and an opening in the center ringed with teeth. He moves forward toward what he thinks is the town square and spots someone enter the town hall. By the looks of it a death knight. Wishdoctor gets chills and decides to follow some of the Forsaken, lest he be wisked away to some damnation without those girls on his lap. He arrives in the town square and watches as the undead stand before a broken statue, motionless and emotionless. They stare at a figure next to this monument, a very large undead man, clad in Vruky'l armor from Northrend. (Ebonblade armor basically.) His yellow eyes glow through the helmet toward the audience.
    "My, it seems an adeventurer has arrived. I hope you don't mind but we should wait for the others." Wishdoctor was surprised at the man's booming voice and decides to stand there akwardly. Could use some company mon, preferably a pretty lady.

((Beware: Wishdoctor is a bit of a perv and a overall immature guy. Also, glad to see some more writing from you Mehman, lookin good mon.))
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-07-14 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Dont get too used to it , but i'll also introduce a character i've been thinking about writing a bio for, you'll see who. it's just to add some more intresting characters))

The Death knight quickly talked to the Grey's stationed there. When asked for her name she responded with "I dont have one. Haven't had one since i died". She took note of the Troll, an odd looking fellah in her mind. As she left the town Square, she pulled her hood up again and walked to the outskirts of the town, preparing for the mission. She made sure she had the right runes on her weapons, and inscribed a few that she felt were missing.

Back in Orgrimmar, an undead Rogue looked at the Command Board. Being slightly intrigued by it, he made his way to Strahnbrad after checking his huge array of weapons.((small note, check Elizabeth Gore's bio for the list of weapons he has available)) After a long trip over the ocean, he arrived by Zeppelin in Brill, and rented their fastest mount for his travels there, in this case a bat. He wasn't that fond of landing bats, but managed to pull it off. He walked into the town wearing a black Leather tunic, belt, pants, boots and gloves. Covering his head was a Thiefs mask and a hood from his Cloak, concealing all his face except his eyes, and a small bit of black hair. His walking could barely be heard by experienced hunters, much less anyone else. As he approached the town square, he noticed an Orc wearing heavy armor leaving the town, and a troll entering. He stopped for a moment to find Aldoss, and quickly spotted him, and made his way there. "Josh Reporting for duty Aldoss of the Grey", he said and saluted.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2012-07-16 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aldoss peered to the undead before him. Basic armor and a rather disciplined demeanor, quite unlike most rogues he comes across. He nods, "Welcome... Josh. Odd that you didn't say your last name, a mysterious one it appears." He looks to his right and nods to a warrior clad in metal plate and carrying a tower shield. "Cheveyos, see to the visitors, insure they're briefed please." The warrior nods and she walks toward Josh, "We will show you the way, follow us." She begins to move past the Forsaken and toward the troll shaman. "We will tell you of the oncoming events, please do be patient, we hope for more to arrive." Her voice rings with tints of children's voices as well as an older woman's and her eyes strike into one's heart with ease. "We do hope we can learn more about you as we fight alongside one another." We can always use new members. We must insure their experience is a dramatic one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Josh replied "i dont have a last name, when i was ressurected, the tombstone was broken and only my first name showed on it". He walked behind Cheveyos, but made sure to keep about 3 meters in between them, so as to not step on her heels. "Patience is a virtue required to be a good assassin ms. and might I ask, how many more are we expecting?"
    The Death knight noticed that they had moved, and quickly made her way into the group, keeping her hood on. She eyed the troll and undead in her party with her eyes, only barely visible inside her hood, that undead seems like he's ready for a fight, she thought to herself as she noticed his arsenal of weapons. As she walked, her cloak covered her weapons, glimpses of her axes could be seen once in a while though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheveyos replied, "We're not sure, anyone who chooses to come we will give time for. Ogres aren't exactly the time to expect an attack at any moment." She and Josh arrive and Cheveyos bows to the Wishdoctor, "Hail troll, we're honored to meet you." The Wishdoctor looks to the undead, grateful that the only thing visible were the eyes. "Tank ya mon, mya name be de Vvishdocta mon. I be hearin ya have an ogre problem. I translated for de Horde in Outland with de Stonemaul ogres, I have experience talkin and killin dem." Cheveyos nods, "Excellent, we need your expertise in ripping out their guts." The Wishdoctor raises an eyebrow from behind his sunglasses, "Na diplomacy mon?" Cheveyos smiles, "We kill all ogres, males, females and especially their bastard brats." The Wishdoctor is taken a little aback, "Fine mon, dey be eatin us anyway regardless." That rogue looks rather ominous and now I have death knight behind me /looks behind him. MON WHERE BE DE SEXY LADIES????

10+ Year Old Account
    ((ohh, i'm gonna enjoy that troll ))

Josh looked around town while they were walking through it, noticing a couple of dead ogres outside it, but nothing inside the town actually gave any indication that they were under attack from ogres. "mind me asking, but who started attacking, us or the ogres?" he said in a hoarse voice. The Death knight continued walking, looking from under her hood at the town, this town isn't in any state to actually defend against a propper attack, luckily ogres aren't that smart she thought to herself. She cast another look at the troll, there's something about that troll, he doesn't seem quite mature, judging by his headwear.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Aldoss decided to take Alterac as our new home. In the night we took some of their banners and challenged them to war." She smiles, "Nothin like playing war in the old conventional sense. They attacked in the morn the next day where we waited." She points to ogre haeds plopped atop spikes just outside of the Grey great hall. "These beasts have defiled our lands for too long, with our strength restored and we prospering we decided to time was ripe for some battle." She turns back to the group, "The Greys take no pity on lesser beings they will perish by by our hands. This is no crusade, this will be slaughter on a whim, I hope some of you can appreciate that. We will reward you handsomly for your efforts in the upcoming melee." She turns then to the Wishdoctor who's remained silent, "Those spectacles won't serve you well here, I advise you remove them. Lest your balls be lopped off and fed to ogre children." The troll removes them and arches his back a bit. Dis lady be to de point, too bad she undead. She'd make a nice troll lady.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Ohh, I see" Josh said, in the same hoarse voice as before, though slightly disapointed. I had expected something slightly more.. Heroic than more land. Ohh well, atleast I get to kill stuff he though to himself. He checked all of his weapons and all of his poisons to make sure they were all still there, and because it soothed him slightly to touch the iron, even through the leather of his gloves.
    The Deathknight just responded "More land is good." in her icy voice. She looked at the ogre skulls, I could get some fun from reanimating those and started laughing quietly at the havoc she could cause. If I do it, Velexis might be slighty annoyed, but on the other hand.. she thought to herself, but decided not to do it. Yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Forsaken gathered before Aldoss and Cheveyos motioned for the mercenaries to be silent. The square was silent and small showers of snow were gusting in the ALterac wind. Aldoss stood at the town's center on top of a statue dedicated to the late Lord Parenode, last lord of Alterac. "Friends, we are gathered here today to commemorate a new beginning." The crowd looked onwards, "We have mobilized our remaining might to take what is rightfully ours. The Crushridge ogres have plagued us for too long and as of now are to be slaughtered!" The Forsaken take their polearms and slam them into the ground almost simeutaneously. "Alterac, the lost fortress in the mountains will be the Greys new home, as it should have been all those years ago." The Forsaken chant, "Ahh-wuuoo!" Aldoss continues, "With the blessing of the Dark Lady and that of our ancestors these mountains will be our lands, our new dominion. Now go, forward to Alterac. For the Forsaken!!" The crowd cheers and begin to march west, toward the ruined city.

"What did he mean mon? Should have been ours? Why would the Greys want Alterac?" Cheveyos turns to the troll. "Back in the days before Lordaeron and her sister kingdoms there was only the law of Stromgard. When the human peoples dispersed to create their own kingdoms the Greys sought the mountains. We were a warrior caste that had power in Stromgard and the Highlands, but we were exiled after a brutal civil war. We moved on and warred with our brothers for dominance in the foothills below. Eventually we came to the mountains where we hoped to create a mighty citadel where we could rule the northlands." Cheveyos pauses from her story as Aldoss approaches. "Cheveyos, I think you should stop there, we'd like to have them learn more about us before we give them our history."

Cheveyos nods and they continue on with the Forsaken and she motions for the adventurers to follow. The Greys are on the move.

Moments after reading the command board in Orgrimmar, she was on the move.
    The huge dragonhawk, its resplendent crimson scales glinting in the sun, flew swiftly across the sea. Though she knew the trip would take longer than she was hoping, Velirra Dawnstrider couldn't help but feel the surge of adrenaline at what could possibly come out of this. Before, she had been wandering the streets of the orc city, clueless as to what she should do. Now, she was flying for the Eastern Kingdoms, intent on finding something . . .
    Emberfire squawked loudly, busy with the task of bearing her faithful master, but still utilizing enough energy to speak.
    Velirra giggled. "Adventurous is the word I was looking for," she replied, reaching over to scratch the dragonhawk on the neck. The blood elf huntress could still not believe how much her companion had grown in the past two years. Somehow, she had gone from being no bigger than Velirra, to being able to bear her to places.
    The blood elf pulled her crimson hood back, revealing long brown hair and soft features. She blinked her emerald eyes against the shining sun, hoping it wasn't this bright in Alterac. She didn't mind it that much, but she did enjoy winter and the colder seasons of the year. Sometimes, snow wasn't all that horrible.
    Emberfire squawked again. "I know, I know," Velirra said, grinning, her musical tone seeming so loud in the silence. "Don't worry; if anything happens while we're there, you can save me, and then I'll owe you another dinner."
    Emberfire made another cawing noise, and Velirra's smile widened, her love for her companion flowing freely.
    Almost three hours of straight flying brought them to the shores of Tol Barad. They were so high up, anyone still on the island looked like tiny little dots to her sharp eyes.
    "They still fight for supremacy over that island," she said to Emberfire, toying with the hilt of one of her swords with her index finger and thumb. She watched the land fly past them as Emberfire's wings flapped incessantly, and Velirra began to grow restless. She wanted to do something - anything. She made sure she was secure in the saddle, then reached over her shoulder and pulled off her longbow. It was forged to look like a pheonix - with wings, and the handle where the head was shaped to be. It almost seemed to glow golden, and the bowstring was indestructible. She held it for a long moment, closing her eyes, and felt her restlessness ease somewhat.
    Suddenly, Emberfire made a half-snarling, half-hissing noise and dived down, startling Velirra. Holding on tightly to her bow with one hand, she used the other to grab hold of Emberfire's reins, and steer the dragonhawk upwards, but her companion ignored her completely.
    "Emberfire!" Velirra cried, then took hold of their surroundings: Blowing snow, and white-tipped trees.
    "Alterac," she whispered, then waited until Emberfire straightened out her dive. Quickly the blood elf strapped her bow across her back and took hold of the reins with both hands. She held on tightly while Emberfire flew through the cloudy skies, until she could just barely make out Strahnbrad farther off.
    "Emberfire, wait," Velirra said suddenly, then narrowed her eyes. "What is that?"
    She pointed to a tiny group of figures making their way through the snow. "Let's check it out."
    Emberfire squawked and angled downward. The dragonhawk kept going down until she was mere feet above the ground, before Velirra undid the saddle's straps and jumped off her back. She landed in a roll, then straightened just before the group, which was a mix of Forsaken and mercenaries by the looks of it.
    Velirra brushed herself off, then turned to face them. "Aldoss of the Grey?" she asked, pulling her hood up. "I'm Velirra Dawnstrider. If you'll have me, I've come to join you on your mission." She said as Emberfire came down to hover just beside her.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aldoss stared at the blood elf as he headed the company of Grey soldiers. He stood motionless along with many of his soldiers. To think I was into those skinny things... "Follow us blood elf, we could use your bow." He looked to the dragonhawk and marveled at it's size. "If that thing eats meat, we can use it against the ogres."

Emberfire hissed, her gleaming crimson scales dull from the foggy weather. "She will assist us, as will I." Velirra said, moving in with the group. By an unspoken command, the dragonhawk flew up until she was lost from sight, the flapping of her wings silent. "If we are attacked, she will ambush them. As for me, I will use whatever skills at my disposal to assist you."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Josh looked at the Blood elf and silently thought hm, a hunter could be of use in our campaign to himself. He had replaced his usual black outfit for something more fitting of snow combat while they were still in town, however a small strand of black hair was still hanging out from underneath his hood, giving away his position to a trained marksman.
    The Death knight, still in her dark armor, looked at the Blood elf. well, atleast she can make an intro, lets hope she can use those skills to kill ogres with aswell she thought to herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    The company moves on with it's new companion, westward to the ruins of Alterac. They march forward along the snow drifted paths and old cobblestone roads, watched over by dizzying peaks. The troops march for an hour until they reach an old tower, destroyed and serving as a gravestone. "What happened to di place mon? It used to be a city, but how did it get lika dis?" asked the Wishdoctor as he walked alongside his comrades. A Grey soldier replies, "Alterac betrayed the Alliance in the Second War. Their Lord Parenode decided that instead of fighting the orcs, he'd help them. He let them through these very paths and allowed them a place in Eastern Lordaeron." Another soldier spoke up, "Yes, when the Alliance discovered his treachery they sent an army to destroy the city and it's people." They pass the tower and come across wagons, catapults and old weapons scattered on the ground. "They succeeded. Alterac has been dead ever since."

"Why did the Greys want Alterac mon?" The soldiers thought for a moment, and another spoke, "Back when we were the Sargrenelle clan we wanted to rule the whole continent. Alterac was a great start for some of those ambitions." Wishdoctor shakes his head a bit, "Sargrenelle mon?" The soldier continued, "That was our name before we joined the Alliance. The Sargrenelles were a human faction of Stromgarde and we were one of the first to leave in the Great Exodus." The troll looked confused, "We came up here to Alterac, but lost a war against rival nations. I don't know too much what happened after that, at some point we joined the Alliance, took the name Grey and we've fought for Lordaeron ever since." Wishdoctor nodded, "I guess I see mon, forgive me, I'm not too knowledgable about history." Large footprints approached the adventurers from the front as Wishdoctor was about to ask another question, "Mon, one more question. What does Sargrenelle mean?" Aldoss stops before the troll and looks him the eyes; the rest of the party goes silent, "The word means, Blood of Sargeras."

Then from above them in the cliffs screams could be heard as boulders begin to fly off the mountain. "Die undead thingys!!!" Ogres begin to charge from opposite ends of the road and thrust boulders from above. Some of the stones crash into the Grey lines. Aldoss take his spear attached to a rope and holds it over his shoulder like a javelin. "I thought you fatasses might try this!!!" He swings his arms over his shoulders, upwards and the spear slams into the ogre's chest. The rope losses slack and Aldoss begins to run along the road, rope in hand. The ogre is thrown down from the mountain and crashes into the ground. Aldoss takes his spear from the corpse. "Take care of the ogres on the road. I got the ones up there!" He thrusts his spear again and hears a horrific scream as the weapon is lodged in an ogres throat. Gotcha!

The ambush barely caught Vel off-guard, and she wasn't about to let the dumb creatures get the best of her.
    Before anyone had the chance to blink, her bow was in hand, strung, an arrow nocked. She aimed for the nearest ogre, and let fly the single, razor-sharp, poison-tipped arrow that embedded itself in the ogre's gut. It roared in fury, and then pain, as the poison began to burn him on the inside. His cry of agony was inhuman, and he fell to the ground, still writhing.
    "One," she said, nocking another arrow. As she turned, though, an ogre had come up behind her, club in hand. "Me SMASH!" it roared, shaking the ground as it stomped towards her. Unable to get her bow up fast enough, she prepared to dodge the clumsy blow.
    Out of nowhere, Emberfire dove down, snapping at the ogre's shoulder and tearing off a large chunk of flesh. The ogre cried out, dropping the club, and reached up to smack the dragonhawk. Unfortunately, Emberfire had already moved, and swooped in for another attack. She barrelled in to the ogre, knocking it to the ground, and, using her talons, raked open the ogre's chest. Vel prepared to finish it off, but Emberfire came in again, this time, she opened her mouth and breathed a beautiful cascade of fire. Vel watched the flames wash over the ogre's body, charring the flesh and cooking him alive. The scent wafted up in to the air, but Vel had grown accustomed to it after fighting with the dragonhawk for such a long time.
    Emberfire squawked. Two.
    Vel grinned, watching her friend disappear in to the clouds again, awaiting the time to rescue her again. "I owe you," Vel murmured, spinning and firing her arrow in to another ogre, dropping it dead. I only have one or two more of those ones, she thought. Then it's back to regular ammunition.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Josh had vanished from the undead lines shortly before the attack, and now appeared behind the ogre line, crossbow in hand. Silly ogres he thought as he fired the first bolt, into the back of an ogre head, letting it fall to the ground. he quickly reloaded, this time he fired a bolt with an extremely potent venom, hitting 2 ogres, one of them barely hit enough to make a scratch, but enough for the venom to penetrate, and causing it's already quite low brain power to diminish even further. The second ogre was hit in the heart, and made a sporadic movement with it's right arm, hitting a third ogre in the head, knocking it out for the time being. A couple of the ogres weer smart enough to look behind them, but Josh had already moved to a new position, but had packed his crossbow away and moved in to start doing what he loved the most. Carnage.
    The death knight wasn't one for delaying a fight, and charged into the ogre line, pulling her sword out while doing so. As she moved her sword into position to parry a blow, she made sure to hit two ogres, after parrying the attack, she gripped the mace, pulled the ogre forward and impaled him on her sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheveyos put together a quick phalanx to hold off the ogres coming from Alterac. They held tower shields and small blades to stab into the ogre's fleash as they charge clumsily over to them. Just as another wave approaches, a boulder slams in to their right side crushing two of the soldiers. She watches as an ogre attempts to fill the space, she charges into the beast and slams the ogre into the adjacent mountain side. The creature slams his hammer down, but Cheveyos dodges and stabs into his hand. The ogre screams as Cheveyos then stabs into his leg. The ogre falls over in pain, but is finished when another boulder slams into it. cheveyos looks up as the last ogre is pulled of it's perch by Aldoss' spear. "Clean up the mess men." Large thuds could suddenly be heard approaching from the mountain. Massive footsteps stop the battle and the ogres flee toward Alterac. The company stops as a great Ettin appears on top of the ridgeline. It roars tremendously and holds a very large beam with bricks mortared to the end. "DRUM-DRUM SMASH!" The ettin comes toward the party in search for food, and perhaps a mate.

((Blood eleves beware!))

10+ Year Old Account
    ((There's only one blood elf.))

Josh moved silently in behind the ogre line, the only sound that could be hear from him was him drawing his blade. The ogres heard nothing before he severs the spine on one of them, leaving it unable to move anything below it's shoulders. He quickly followed up by throwing a dagger into another ogres neck, cutting it's vocal chords in two, as he stabbed the first one in the back of the head. He left his sword in the back of the ogres head, and drew his two daggers, both coated in a toxin powerful enough to kill a man in seconds, depending on where it was injected into his system. He made quick work of a couple of ogres by stabbing them just besides the heart. The ogres then noticed him there, and started attacking him. Josh moved quickly, using one of their attacks to parry another one, leaving him open to kill both attackers.

The Death knight continued her attack on their front lines while Josh made his way through the back lines. The only time she would stop an attack was if she would reanimate an ogre, or similar. She kept parrying and then cutting open the throat of the attacker, not seeming to tire.