Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Gained 8 pounds in 7 days?

was at 181 then checked scale today and i'm at 189.

How is this possible. I haven't pigged out. Only thing that changed was I finally got some a/c's for my sweltering apartment.

Kinda depressed because I liked the way i felt at 181.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    My number 2's have been off lately..but 8 pounds of shit?

Could be anything from water weight, to what Eugenik said, having to shit. Maybe you over ate just a bit, took in to much salt and have water retention. There's really a lot.

Deleted
    That's so horrible. I hope you can get on with your life.

People need to stop worrying about weight, it's not about weight.

It's about being in shape, easily preform tasks and keep your heart in good shape.
    Society's obsession with weight needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    My number 2's have been off lately..but 8 pounds of shit?
    #firstworldproblems

Youre not sweating as much too. Add them both together.. water and bowel weight can add up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoballs View Post
    People need to stop worrying about weight, it's not about weight.

It's about being in shape, easily preform tasks and keep your heart in good shape.
    Society's obsession with weight needs to stop.
    I was finally getting rid of my manboobs and now they are coming back.

I was finally getting rid of my manboobs and now they are coming back.
    Pushups do wonders for saggy tits, men and women alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    You were dehydrated it would seem , so you've gained some water weight, plus you probably weighted yourself whilst you carried a full bladder of urine/bowel full of crap and maybe a full stomach.

I wouldn't be too worried. If you didn't pig out & I mean seriously pigged the fuck out, you didn't gain 8 lbs in fat. That would require 28k calories on top of the minimum 2kish a day that you burn just by being alive.

Did you eat about 45k calories this past week? Didn't think so.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

just drink a lot of water, but really, unless you can actually SEE the weight gain, I don't think it's anything to obsess about. As long as you are healthy you're fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay.. if I drank 8 glasses of water in a day and didn't pee much or sweated. How much weight is that?

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 08:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    You were dehydrated it would seem , so you've gained some water weight, plus you probably weighted yourself whilst you carried a full bladder of urine/bowel full of crap and maybe a full stomach.

I wouldn't be too worried. If you didn't pig out & I mean seriously pigged the fuck out, you didn't gain 8 lbs in fat. That would require 28k calories on top of the minimum 2kish a day that you burn just by being alive.

Did you eat about 45k calories this past week? Didn't think so.
    That makes sense now. Just blows my mind when i look at the scale though. I'm a male btw.

I wouldn't worry about how much water you're drinking. I drink at least 1-2 gallons a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay.. if I drank 8 glasses of water in a day and didn't pee much or sweated. How much weight is that?
    Off the top of my head about 65 oz. or about 4 lbs.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

You said you putted an AC in? did you start drinking a lot of water because it was hot outside? that is probably only water weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say i'm healthy. I'm jobless..smoke a lot and drink about 8 tall boys of beer a night and then i have a bowl after all that and eat and go to sleep.

Dude... youre taking this too far... you can do a straight conversion of litre to kilogram 1:1. Figure out how many cups fill a litre and presto.

8oz in a cup. 33oz in a litre. 8x8=64oz. 64/2=32oz. 2 litres = 8cup @ 8oz. 2 litres=2 kilograms=4.4 pounds. All roughly.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2012-07-16 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your moobs aren't going to have magically re-appeared in a single week (if you had actually started to lose them) unless you're retaining water.

Eat less salt, drink more water, take a big dump.

Edit: You're trolling if you think that drinking 8 tall cans of beer a night isn't going to make you retain water weight / gain weight. And if you're not trolling then you need to sort your shit out.

Let me see if I've got everything here: you're jobless, you spend every night drinking an 8-pack and smoking a bowl, you're overweight and have large enough man tits that you can actually notice fluctuations in their size - and you're concerned only with some sudden water retention?
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2012-07-16 at 09:05 PM.

I wouldn't say i'm healthy. I'm jobless..smoke a lot and drink about 8 tall boys of beer a night and then i have a bowl after all that and eat and go to sleep.
    It's water weight then, and depending on what you're eating. It'll help retain the beer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did drink lots of milk this week. Maybe i'm lactose intolerant. Would that make me retain water?