Thread: HK-51 Revealed!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    They have said something along the lines of needing fairly strong chops on both sides to start the quest for him (which they have also said will be long and grueling the first time you do it). There is some speculation about if you need to finish a certain chapter of story on the opposite faction (this is my thought and I think likely chapter 2 completion), if you need a lvl 50 of the opposite faction, complete something else opposite faction, or some combination of everything.
    Does opposing faction mean opposing faction on any or on the same server? Just - slowly - downloading the trial, but had planned to roll different factions on different servers.

For me HK-47, HK-whatever actually, is another pretty good incentive to start playing soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    i didn't mention kotor 1 because in kotor 1 he had no character
    That opinion is not shared by many.

.[8] GameSpot called the characters one of the coolest characters of 2003, saying he was possibly the most original Star Wars character in years.[9] GamesRadar listed HK-47 as the 3rd best conceived character in video gaming, calling him "cheerfully insane" and saying he was "[e]asily the highlight of the [Knights of the Old Republic] series".[10] IGN chose the character as the 13th top Star Wars hero.[11] GameDaily's Robert Workman called HK-47 one of his favourite characters from Star Wars video games.[12] GameDaily's Chris Buffa also listed the droid as one of their top 25 video game robots, praising its humour and in-game value.[13] UGO Networks listed the character as one of the top 50 Star Wars Expanded Universe characters, noting his sarcastic personality made him unique among droids.[14] GamesRadar listed it as one of the 25 best new characters of the decade, stating that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic had some of the best characterization in Star Wars history, adding that HK-47 was one of the most memorable characters in the game.[15]
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

One nice thing that Bioware has going for it... isn't that they have an awesome cinematic team.

It's that they have the awesome, AWESOME production team from Blur working for them and producing cinematics for them. Give credit where it's due! Blur is fucking awesome and they make awesome cinematics.

And that was pretty sweet. I loved HK-47.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-07-17 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    That opinion is not shared by many.
    what up logical fallacy

I did not state that its popularity effects its quality. Simply stating that you may be in the minority.

Great, planned to sub again anyway, this is just one more reason to do so(One of the best, if not the best).

i didn't mention kotor 1 because in kotor 1 he had no character
    Perhaps you would like to give us your definition of "character".

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Perhaps you would like to give us your definition of "character".
    Back in my day, in order to have character you had to walk to school on hoth! Uphill, both ways!

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Does opposing faction mean opposing faction on any or on the same server? Just - slowly - downloading the trial, but had planned to roll different factions on different servers.

For me HK-47, HK-whatever actually, is another pretty good incentive to start playing soon.
    I am pretty sure it has to be same server because they have hinted at it being Legacy related.

As for the Balmoora idea someone mentioned, it would be sort of dumb for them to use that as a benchmark because Balmoora is a pretty low level planet for the Empire, while for the republic it is a much higher level planet. So that wouldn't equal out very well.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Um, no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    People still actually waste their time to come into a SWTOR Forum, on a SWTOR forum post, to attempt to bash SWTOR? Go back to your hole, plebe.
    Umm.. It wasnt actually an attempt to troll or anything -.- Personally I played SWTOR and loved it, then late-game lacked, and then all of the people i got to know in the game quit. So if anything i was surprised by the amount of activity =P

AND the thread was on the mainpage, so its not like I went hunting for a SWTOR thread :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Back in my day, in order to have character you had to walk to school on hoth! Uphill, both ways!
    I think I have some kind of deja-vu right now O.o

Quick! Who wins in a fight between scorpio and hk-51! TRICK QUESTION! Answer is dwight shrute!

Sooooooo happy.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Umm.. It wasnt actually an attempt to troll or anything -.- Personally I played SWTOR and loved it, then late-game lacked, and then all of the people i got to know in the game quit. So if anything i was surprised by the amount of activity =P

AND the thread was on the mainpage, so its not like I went hunting for a SWTOR thread :P
    Really? Perhaps you should learn to rephrase yourself. You wouldn't have gotten infracted if you would have said "Oh, wow, I didn't realize the game was still so popular" or "Good to see there's still a pretty big community" as opposed to "People still play this game?" That sounds trollish.

Please do not discuss moderation actions on the open forums. If you wish to continue the discussion, you can do so through PMs privately. ~ Dakia
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-07-17 at 05:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't HK-47 also on Mustafar back in Star Wars Galaxies? I remember fighting something similar in name, but I'm not entirely sure if that was him.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    Quick! Who wins in a fight between scorpio and hk-51! TRICK QUESTION! Answer is dwight shrute!
    False.

Bears that eat beets would win in any physical confrontation. Their unyielding strength, supported by layers of fat armor, combined with their enhanced intellect from their beet consumption would be no match for any challenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Wasn't HK-47 also on Mustafar back in Star Wars Galaxies? I remember fighting something similar in name, but I'm not entirely sure if that was him.
    I think he was in there somewhere. He also was in SWTOR.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    They have said something along the lines of needing fairly strong chops on both sides to start the quest for him (which they have also said will be long and grueling the first time you do it). There is some speculation about if you need to finish a certain chapter of story on the opposite faction (this is my thought and I think likely chapter 2 completion), if you need a lvl 50 of the opposite faction, complete something else opposite faction, or some combination of everything.

Curious why you pick Hoth though? The video references Belsavis specifically (I noticed because I hate Belsavis)
    im just disappointed you need to have a high level toon from both factions, as my main server has all its character slots used for all 8 ACs on the imp. side. i recently started a 'rep' only side server but not looking forward to re-rolling another imp just for the companion.

Deleted
    I'm mostly leveling a Gunsling just for this comp i have 2 50 Imp.... But is nice to see the outer side of the coin !