Deleted

Nerf to healing companions?

Sorry if this has already been talked about, but have healing companions been nerfed? I find elara takes a bit longer to decide to do anything these days, and I asked my guildies about it and they thought their healers were also a bit slow to heal at times. Perhaps I'm just imagining it, but thought i would ask.

Mine still gets me through heroic 4 dailies just fine.

Deleted
    I'm not having any difficulty or anything, just thought that i wasn't receiving as much healing as i used to, again possibly imagining it.

I haven't noticed anything with my healing companions being different lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Mako still heals like crap in full Campaign... and says her stupid quips every half second.

No change here.

I've been using Elara while levelling my trooper and she does great at least through 43 levels. Compared to Quinn(similar level-ish as I havent used him since his story bit) on my Marauder it is night and day how much better she is. While I do have higher presense from legacy now she does great for me at least as a Vanguard.

Deleted
    Does she have the healing stance on? ive found the companions still a bit buggy in that regard with the mseeimngly switching out of stances here and there, i thought they'd fixed it, but on my alt my Khem keeps shifting out of his tanking stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    My Mako still heals like crap in full Campaign... and says her stupid quips every half second.
    You no bad talk my Mako!!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    Does she have the healing stance on? ive found the companions still a bit buggy in that regard with the mseeimngly switching out of stances here and there, i thought they'd fixed it, but on my alt my Khem keeps shifting out of his tanking stance.
    This often happens when you switch companions, at least this is what I have noticed. Tanking companions have their defense stance as the third button on the companion skill bar, while dps and healing companions have their healing and dps stances in the 11 & 12 slots on the companion skill bar, when you load a tank companion and turn on their stance, it seems to turn off those for dps and heal companions, and vice versa.
    Last edited by Ghosty; 2012-07-19 at 01:19 PM. Reason: typo

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had them randomly drop stances just zoning around... Ilum to Black Hole for example.

As mentioned, check her stance, she may have fallen out of the healing stance. Another thing to do, turn off their CC ability. It's 8 seconds channeled. Which means no healing while they use it.

No change here.
    I have the customization from the rakghoul event, I have found that Zombie Mako is quite fun!

I wish they'd get rid of healing on companions. the fact none of the cool companions get used because they don't heal is freaking stupid. it's sad how way too many people just use the healer. it always makes the rare world pvp occurrence rather dumb.

The only times I've had issues with them is when the healing stance turns itself off. They don't compare to player healers, but they still do perfectly fine for questing/leveling content(including the heroic daily on ilum, Mako allows my fairly underwhelmingly geared arsenal merc to solo them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I have the customization from the rakghoul event, I have found that Zombie Mako is quite fun!
    ...as long as all NPCs attack her on sight, I would agree ;P

You leave my Mako alone!

What does she not do for you? Your BH is much better geared than mine(mine is only using custom gear with ilvl 53 armoring/mod/enhancements and level 50 blue augments) and my Mako is using a mix of armormech crafted gear, custom helm and blaster, and possibly a piece of quest gear, and she heals fine for me, even on the Ilum heroic. Sure, I wouldn't want to rely on her to heal hard modes or OPs or anything, but you don't use companions for that level of stuff anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    What does she not do for you? Your BH is much better geared than mine(mine is only using custom gear with ilvl 53 armoring/mod/enhancements and level 50 blue augments) and my Mako is using a mix of armormech crafted gear, custom helm and blaster, and possibly a piece of quest gear, and she heals fine for me, even on the Ilum heroic. Sure, I wouldn't want to rely on her to heal hard modes or OPs or anything, but you don't use companions for that level of stuff anyway.
    Oh she heals just fine. Sometimes. I feel her AI is the worst among all of the companions you have. Also, its just her comments that bother me! I would love if she used proper heals at proper times, but for the love of god please stop saying "I'm not just some pretty sidekick!"

Oh she heals just fine. Sometimes. I feel her AI is the worst among all of the companions you have. Also, its just her comments that bother me! I would love if she used proper heals at proper times, but for the love of god please stop saying "I'm not just some pretty sidekick!"
    I haven't noticed her healing AI being any worse than anyone else's...or better for that matter. I've had occasional issues with Quinn in the past but haven't had those recently either.

I could do without most of the companion combat dialogue though, hers definitely included.