Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Inexistent View Post
    Well I know what two days I'm having off work now I hope.
    You maybe should wait till the 26th and 27th and download it while you are at work on the 25th. First day is usually so laggy and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They could start pressing the discs, boxing them up and storing them in a warehouse before they announce the release date so that they could cut that window to 2 weeks instead of 2 months. Apple does it all the time with their new releases. They announce a new Ipad and you can buy it later in the same week
    seriously...people that argue for the sake of arguing just because they can't face facts...they could do a lot of things...but there has to be a very good reason why they have never have done what you suggest.

and oh btw...Apple never announces specific release dates until the night before
    Last edited by Sensa; 2012-07-25 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wredd View Post
    I just find it super ironic that once again, Blizzard seems to have made its plans based on its competition. Guild Wars 2, a game which will be giving WoW a serious run for its money (literally), announced there release date about a month ago (Aug 28 vs Sep 25......hmmmm) Simply another example of Blizzard being worried about their pocketbook. IMO, this is obviously just a marketing ploy to prevent them from losing player base. Why? Because, if the release date of MoP was say in Oct or Nov, then people would be far more likely to spend some of their entertainment dollars trying out a new game that's getting rave reviews. This might lead to ppl actually leaving (GOD FORBID) this hellhole they call WoW for a game that's actually trying to be innovative and creative. I say all of this as a former loyal Blizzard fanboy, who has spent 7 years of his life playing WoW, but I can't stand it as once again Blizzard goes to undercut a game which deserves to be played. I say THAT, from previous experiences were Blizzard has literally stolen ideas and concepts for upcoming expansions from other games just to keep player fanbase from dropping. They see a good idea being brought to the table by another game, something that might make ppl go "hmm, that's way better than WoW." or "That looks super interesting, I might just have to play that game and try it out." and then mysteriously, a month later, that idea or concept has made its way into their upcoming expansion, like its something they have been thinking about. Bullshit. And honestly, if I thought the game was actually going to ready I might be more understanding, cause it is in fact a smart BUSINESS choice. But I dont think it will be. If anybody recalls LK and its first few months they might understand what I'm saying. That game wasn't ready to hit the market, as evidenced by the fact that they patched the damn thing twice a week for the first few months it was out. Why? Because the game wasn't ready, but they released it anyway because a rival company released their MMO around that same time. I'm all for Blizzard making decisions that improve game play or just make the experience better as a whole. But they don't make their decisions based on that. They make them based on a bottom line even if its their loyal fanbase that suffers for it in the end. Anyway, bash away all you WoW/Blizzard fanatics. Rationalize and trivialize my concerns away so you can sleep at night, knowing that Blizzard is JUST THE SUPER BEST! Just realize that there are those of us who have had their WoW colored glasses stripped away, and we can no longer stand the underhandedness that Blizzard displays. Who knows, maybe the next time it happens, cause it will happen again, you will be the one to see how dirty Blizzard can truly be.
    a company wants to make money?? IMPOSSIBRU!!!!

Deleted
    Dear gw2 people, you guys are welcome back to wow after 1 month where you will be bored of it as the rest of the failed mmo's who battle wow

OOOoooooOOOOooo!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was betting on September 18th while Aliok was going for the 25th. I lost... this time. I'll win the next time 'round, ya hear?!

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    You maybe should wait till the 26th and 27th and download it while you are at work on the 25th. First day is usually so laggy and stuff.
    Sound advice. Unless a person is gunning for a realm first, there's really no point in subjecting yourself first-day lag, bugs, quest camping... you name it.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2012-07-25 at 09:52 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Nastified View Post
    Well, when you move out and your parents aren't paying for everything I think you'll find that cars, houses, food and even video games require certain amounts of that paper with numbers on it.

You'll need a J-O-B to get enough of the magical paper to pay for all that stuff.

Or you can stay with your mum and let the government send you a magical plastic card that will pay for some food.

I know how the game works you fool. It's still a choice I make, to get up and perform a task that results in a piece of papers that I take to bank and exchange it for another stack of paper with different numbers on it.

Does it matter if I decide to give a larger stack of paper for a car then a video game, sure. If this is an issue about not servicing to the people that don't have jobs, then maybe. But I'm talking about having money and not caring that I put 14 of my 'real money' to this company every month.

I have a computer job, so I literally have a skill of clicking a mouse and hitting keys on a keyboard to produce something. We all do that everyday but since I do it in a different way, I have this job over someone who clicks differently.

It's a game. Relax a little and enjoy the fact you do something for play money. If you don't like it, then this isn't about a game called WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    GW2 is out exactly 1 month before MoP.
    Who would of seen that happen ... oh wait I did an everyone who plays GW2.

I'm happy for MoP, but I'm not ready for it. I mean not ready for it, I'm not ready for the rushed product with the first week of bugs that should of been adressed, OP classes that should of been reduced, I also expect quests to not function well either and lots of other issues and inflated AH.
    Cata release was great. There were barely any problems at all, so I'm not sure why you think all of that stuff this time around. I'm sure it'll go fairly smooth. As for the AH, well duh, it's like that every expansion and it's like that in any MMO or game that has an AH. Prices are crazy in the beginning. I'm ready for MoP and it's going to be amazing. Can't wait.

As for GW 2, I hope it does well. I really do. The company put a lot of work into it and I hope it sells well and has a strong long term fan base. But, like any new MMO, content is the big problem. It doesn't matter how good the game actually is, people get bored fast. And in the end, I think MoP has way more stuff to do than GW 2.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Cata release was great. There were barely any problems at all, so I'm not sure why you think all of that stuff this time around. I'm sure it'll go fairly smooth. As for the AH, well duh, it's like that every expansion and it's like that in any MMO or game that has an AH. Prices are crazy in the beginning. I'm ready for MoP and it's going to be amazing. Can't wait.

As for GW 2, I hope it does well. I really do. The company put a lot of work into it and I hope it sells well and has a strong long term fan base. But, like any new MMO, content is the big problem. It doesn't matter how good the game actually is, people get bored fast. And in the end, I think MoP has way more stuff to do than GW 2.
    Wasn't there a lot of people with the problem that couldn't allow them to clear 5m heriocs? Haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    Dear gw2 people, you guys are welcome back to wow after 1 month where you will be bored of it as the rest of the failed mmo's who battle wow
    Dear trollface avatar guy, gw2 is f2p, so we can play both at the same time.

First expansion im not going to buy, blizzard just arent focusing or doing the right things in my mind, im not finding anything of the new stuff they're doing to be good enough for me to buy the expansion

How about that December release? lolololol

Message Deleted
    Last edited by reboot-me; 2012-12-05 at 07:07 PM.

This is the first expansion where I really have no desire to go ahead and pre-order because I know I'll be playing, because I don't.

There's nothing all that exciting this time around, it looks to be even more stale lore-wise than Cata. It feels like another filler xpac before we finally fight the Burning Legion again.

Bleh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    The thing about MoP is, the thing you need to understand about MoP is that it was meant as a in between expansion, expansion. (also to fix the pos that was Cata)
    No, not really.

Cata may be considered one though.

MoP might be viewed, by posterity, as the last Great expansion (even though TBC fanboys like myself will still grumble about heroic Shadow Labs and all that).

MoP is certainly not an in between expansion. It may be good or it may be a dud, but they've created a whole new continent, which Cata did not, and 6.0 may not (I expect a "look, we found some forgotten floating islands from Draenor, in addition to the old Oultland zones!" for 6.0.

If you mean that MoP has some storyline elements that point forward, this is entirely to be expected nowadays. Blizz nowadays seed storyline elements that will come to fruition one or two expansions later. They did so in Cata as well. They will keep doing so, most certainly for all future expansions as well. if by "in between expansion" you mean that the storyline is not completely finished at the X.3 patch, all expansions from Cata will probably be that way.

Deleted

100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Guess that is what you call customer service. Now tell me..what am I going to do with my 2 million gold? Hmmm...smart***...
    If i could like this post million times i would well said, i knew this announcement would bring out the haters, i just sit here and lmao at the hater posts

Too bad you can't buy a Digital for the download on day 1 and then get a refund if you use the retail CE.

Deleted
    lol you just want something for free, well my server are excited for the exp if you hate the game so much why even bother commenting on it??? your opinions will not change the people ways as a post said earlier its up to us what we wanna play, ive tried other mmos and find them quite boring and always end up coming back to wow

Quote Originally Posted by Bulvaye View Post
    That made me lol

The entire world economy collapsed, everywhere and everything is more expensive while my monthly subscription stay the same.

Buy a popcorn and a drink at the cinema and that will cost you as much as a month of 24/7 game
    If the world economy would affect the game prices, then we would pay around $500 for a game instead of $60

Nightsshade - Today

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Funny, I thought I could make up my own mind about what I want to spend MY money on, but according to you, thats not the case..

Interesting.

You seem to lack the understanding of what a company is all about...namely making money. If you had a company and a product that people wanted to pay for, would you offer it to them for free ? And dont say you would, cause no one including yourself would believe you anyway.

Its a huge waste you say ? So what isnt a waste ? Going out drinking is also a waste...going fishing, shopping, to the movies - its all a waste in some form.

And you also dont seem to understand that playing WoW doesnt actually lock you out from playing other types of games...I know, mind=blown, right ?

Here is the fun part though. Its up to the individual what he or she wants to "waste" or spend their money on, and people like you saying that "we dont get it" and we are being "taken advantage of and we dont even see it" suggests thtat we are stupid and you are the all mighty saviour of the stupid, and people like that (thats you) piss me off with their high and mighty "im better and smarter than you" attitudes.

So please gtfo and let people do what they want with their time and money and dont feel like you need to "save" us. We dont need saving. We are fine. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsshade View Post
    Its times like this i miss my FB like button
    I thought exactly the same thing Definitely need a LIKE button, or at least an uprate ability.