Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Hello guys .
    I used the forum search only to find 2 really Wii U threads. And I still had my doubts if they would fit what I want to know.

My question is how much will the Wii U system use the Wii remote + nunchuck controllers?

I'll explain why and it's simple. I simply hate the controllers like that (I had one, sold after couple months of use). But I love the fun games and specially Mario/Zelda and big tittles from Nintendo.

When I saw the new controller I got excited and I really liked the Controller Pro Version too, but I see on some games the usage of The Wii Remote, specially on multiplayer. My wife also hates the Wii remote and we do not want the Wii U if you will be using it alot.

I know that games with 2 gamepads multiplayer are a little ways away, but even so I wonder how many companies will use them (because I'm not sure if everyone will have 2 gamepads at home for the price?). And also, would be much easier making a 1pad 4wii remote like nintendo land right?

So Will the Wii Remote be a required accessory for the Wii U?
    Any insights or thoughts about it?
    The Wii Mote will still be required for Wii games. All the first party Wii U games will support the gamepad, but will use the Wii remote for multiplayer (for now). The Pro controller is designed mainly for third party games, and I think most or all of them already support it for at least multiplayer (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have any yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Its cheaper to buy the white one and then get an external HDD.
    if you need an external hardrive your probably gonna buy alot of games. why not just get the delux version so you get a discount and money back? if your willing to put money down to store more games might as well get the bundle that makes games cheaper. also nintendoland is actually a really good game especially if your the type of person who likes to play party games
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if you need an external hardrive your probably gonna buy alot of games. why not just get the delux version so you get a discount and money back? if your willing to put money down to store more games might as well get the bundle that makes games cheaper
    You will need an external HD regardless of which version you buy. The discount is minimal, 12 full price games for a free new game.

You will need an external HD regardless of which version you buy. The discount is minimal, 12 full price games for a free new game.
    hey for people who buy alot of games thats a big difference. and even if you dont buy that many odds are you will have bought 12 games by the time the next zelda or smash bros comes out.

i mean seriously if your buying games you might as well get something back if you can and i know to most people a free game every once in awhile is really nice maybe one month your a little low on funds and cant get a new game BOOM free game
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    Regardless they said USB storage is all good. Not sure if that extends from simple USB 2.0 memory sticks to full FAT32 external HDD's...
    As far as I remember, it supports 3.0 and up to 2TB I believe of external HDD.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    anyone from the uk ordered from Tesco? Any problems with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    The Wii Mote will still be required for Wii games. All the first party Wii U games will support the gamepad, but will use the Wii remote for multiplayer (for now). The Pro controller is designed mainly for third party games, and I think most or all of them already support it for at least multiplayer (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have any yet).
    For Wii Games Yeah I dont mind, I just won't buy them. But I dont want to play WII U games with Wii Mote. I want to use always the Gamepad or the Pro.

I was just playing Super Mario Wii with my wife and it was awful. She had to play with the Wii Mote on mario, and I would just kinda help on the gamepad with some blocks. I didn't have any fun, and while using the Wii Mote just for Mario is fine but not to be able to use the Pro Controller is kinda retarded! And regardless made the main controller just a thingy, and made the Wii Mote REQUIRED (which is my problem with it). And I would think its even worse for the fact that most multiplayer will use that, possible with nunchuck.

Its just strange...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its cheaper to buy the white one and then get an external HDD.
    Yes, but it's not cost effective for a lot of reasons. The Deluxe is a better buy exclusively because of the internal storage, which over the course of the consoles life is going to be eaten up by firmware updates and game saves. You only have 3GB available when you buy the basic version and install the mandatory launch firmware update which installs practically the entire software package. What happens if Nintendo starts loading up virtual console games on the eShop? You are going to be out of storage within a year easily, and I would assume they will have Gamecube games on the eShop now.

The Wii U does support up to 2TB of external storage via USB 2.0, it is recommended that you use a powered external drive rather then a USB powered one, if not you need to use a Y splitter cable. Also, there is 32GB of capable storage through SD flash memory that you can load into the card slot, but at the end of the day the 32GB model gives you the most potential in the future for storage.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    As far as I remember, it supports 3.0 and up to 2TB I believe of external HDD.
    It supports, USB 3.0, but operates in backwards compatibility mode. For what reason, I really don't know why Nintendo wouldn't have made it USB 3.0 native since it's starting to gain popularity in the computer scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    For Wii Games Yeah I dont mind, I just won't buy them. But I dont want to play WII U games with Wii Mote. I want to use always the Gamepad or the Pro.

I was just playing Super Mario Wii with my wife and it was awful. She had to play with the Wii Mote on mario, and I would just kinda help on the gamepad with some blocks. I didn't have any fun, and while using the Wii Mote just for Mario is fine but not to be able to use the Pro Controller is kinda retarded! And regardless made the main controller just a thingy, and made the Wii Mote REQUIRED (which is my problem with it). And I would think its even worse for the fact that most multiplayer will use that, possible with nunchuck.

Its just strange...
    i dont think will see alot of games that use more then one gamepad or use the pro controller unless the pro controller sells really well.

most people have wiimotes and nunchucks most people dont have a pro controller nor are they willing to spend 80+ on another gamepad

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont think will see alot of games that use more then one gamepad or use the pro controller unless the pro controller sells really well.

most people have wiimotes and nunchucks most people dont have a pro controller nor are they willing to spend 80+ on another gamepad
    Yeah I understand. But still. I just bought a Wii Mote + Nunchuck and it came to 80 bucks anyway with tax. So really...not thaaat much difference. Specially because 3rd party tablets will come out cheaper.

We will see, Im currently trying to make the pro controller and the gamepad to work on my Super Smash Brawl. XD Havent been successful yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    anyone from the uk ordered from Tesco? Any problems with them?
    yup still waiting on my console..

got an email saying it would be available and delivered on the 30th about 2 weeks ago. Got another nice email saying dispatched at 5am thursday (29/11) which made me pretty damn happy. It didnt show up friday / sat / sun.... I will be very annoyed if it doesnt get delivered monday morning. TBH i wont be using them again and i even tried to change the delivery to pick up from my local store about a week ago (because i thought i wasnt going to be in) and they wouldnt let me.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-12-02 at 06:27 PM.

I bought a wii u yesterday at walmart... white model...

here is the thing... if you buy the basic package it only comes with that 1 remote (the gamepad) and nothing else,... so I went to the store today and the standard wii wireless remotes were $39.99 each so I bought a wii remote with a wire for $19.99 and guess what?, it cant be plugged into the back of the wii u... if you dont have any other remotes you got to spend at least $39.99 for each wireless remote,

I can understand now why the wii u's are still available retail (despite nintendos claim that it is sold out at retail I saw 6 available at walmart on wednesday - 3 were still there when I bought mine on Saturday - Toys R Us had 3 basic's available and Target this morning had at least 2 because some guy had bought 2 of them) it's because even if you buy basic you gonna have to spend almost $500 to get everything you need to get a game and play with your family/friends (basic = $300, Game is $59.99, Controllers $80 + tax)

Anyway, I like the wii u and Super Mario Bros... but the cost and the failure to let people know about such things as the fact that you have to buy wireless remotes i think is driving people way,

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk333 View Post
    if you buy the basic package it only comes with that 1 remote (the gamepad) and nothing else
    Out of curiosity, did you bother reading what was in the package, either online or on the package itself, before purchasing it?

here is the thing... if you buy the basic package it only comes with that 1 remote (the gamepad) and nothing else,... so I went to the store today and the standard wii wireless remotes were $39.99 each so I bought a wii remote with a wire for $19.99 and guess what?, it cant be plugged into the back of the wii u... if you dont have any other remotes you got to spend at least $39.99 for each wireless remote,

I can understand now why the wii u's are still available retail (despite nintendos claim that it is sold out at retail I saw 6 available at walmart on wednesday - 3 were still there when I bought mine on Saturday - Toys R Us had 3 basic's available and Target this morning had at least 2 because some guy had bought 2 of them) it's because even if you buy basic you gonna have to spend almost $500 to get everything you need to get a game and play with your family/friends (basic = $300, Game is $59.99, Controllers $80 + tax)

Anyway, I like the wii u and Super Mario Bros... but the cost and the failure to let people know about such things as the fact that you have to buy wireless remotes i think is driving people way,
    Um all the wii remotes are wireless. You most likely bought the classic controller and not the actual wii remote.

What.

There is no such thing as a wired remote.

10+ Year Old Account

There are 4 'controllers'.

You have the classic.
    http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_im...controller.jpg (Note, for Wii only).

The Remote.
    http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01...WiiRemote1.jpg

The Gamepad.
    http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/...-U-GamePad.jpg

and the pro controller.
    http://4.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploa...Controller.jpg

Aside from gamepad, which did you get.
    Also read the packaging.

Sales for the 1st week.
    http://kotaku.com/5963306/there-are-...-united-states

Deleted
    So i got the Wii U Zombiu bundle this friday, along with Tank Tank Tank and Nintendo Land. So far, im enjoying all three games.

Nintendo Land has some nice mini-games, i especially like the fruit thingie, deciding paths depending on what you see etc.

Zombiu is decent, but i havent played it a lot yet. I bumped into a random problem though that i havent had in any kind of first person game before. Its quite hilarious - Ive always used inverted Y axis when i play. When i want to see upwards i tilt the stick down, but for some reason in this game, i do the same when i want to look downwards, which obviously screws up due to it looking upwards instead. Not sure why im doing like that :P

Tank Tank Tank. This game is hilarious, and very simple. Get a tank, then blast stuff to pieces. Its quite fun on single player, so im guessing it'll be even more fun if i invite some friends for a roll next weekend.

Overall, i like the console, and i check out the other functions aswell from time to time.

I got myself a Wii U on the weekend. I was tossing up if I should get one or not but I went to the stores. Took one look and figured. Why the hell not. Self X-mas present. I was looking at the prices and I just couldn't justify getting the basic pack. There isn't that much price difference and what you get compared to the basic with the premium made it well worth the purchase. Nintendoland is worth $60 in stores alone, let alone the fact that it has more storage, a few nice little trinkets like a charging dock and the console is black (I dunno why they insist on making white consoles. It's very rare you get a white cabinet, white TV, white amp and white speakers. Everything is normally all black so it'd stick out like a sore thumb like my original 360 does...

I've only played it briefly but so far i'm happy with my purchase. I got Mario and loved the fact that I could play the game on the controller while in bed without having to have my TV on in the other room can't wait for the new Super Smash bro's game and I might even take a look at Zelda

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just recently learned you can transfer your Wii over to the Wii-U, and now I desperately want one! My Wii's had this graphical problem that causes little white spots to show on the screen, it's so irritating, but I was always afraid of losing my save data by sending it to nintendo.

Deleted
    anyone got fifa ? dunno if i want to get that or nintendo land tomorrow (will have both before xmas though).