Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coldviper18 View Post
    I seem to have the worst luck when I pick my server in MMO's. It always seems to be the one that becomes a ghost town first or is so over populated that I always have to wait in queue for hours at a time.

Usually I've noticed you can kind of tell which servers are going to be overpopulated from the start based on beta and forums. Any idea how I can go about researching which server to play on without getting screwed to boot and having to buy a transfer?
    I'm in the same boat, and its funny how your experience mirror my own. Hopefully the "unofficial <x> language" server list linked in this thread is more or less accurate, so I'll probably roll on Desolation or Gandara. How do the "unofficial <x> language" servers get decided anyway? I mean, where do the players gather to decide this and how does it get propagated? I've never understood that.

Tarnished Coast if you want to roleplay. Otherwise, look at various guild recruiting posts around the web and join one, letting that pick for you.

Bless up and praise to the Most High Jah! Equal Rights and Justice
    MMO Blog: http://kichwas.wordpress.com/
    Political Diary: Jyotai @ Daily Kos | Rasta Music

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat off topic question..but...what was the solution to the region locking thing Anet had? Did they release a solution? I remember that you can play with whoever you want (can go to an EU server, or NA server) but that you would be logging in from your region's IP. And that was a problem for people who travel. So did they ever release a solution to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    Somewhat off topic question..but...what was the solution to the region locking thing Anet had? Did they release a solution? I remember that you can play with whoever you want (can go to an EU server, or NA server) but that you would be logging in from your region's IP. And that was a problem for people who travel. So did they ever release a solution to that?
    Not yet, but they've still got 3 weeks before launch, they should have it (plus information on/systems for changing your login name) available by then

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Not yet, but they've still got 3 weeks before launch, they should have it (plus information on/systems for changing your login name) available by then
    I sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    There are no queues in GW2.
    You end up on overflow server if something.
    However I noticed overflow server doesnt give you any buffs from WvWvW bonuses from your own server - something to be fixed to have it perfect :P
    there was a huge que for WvWvW or maybe i just imagined it
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
    That was due to a bug.

I recommend Sorrow's Furnace alot of nice people I've met and played with there that are rolling on that server! The PVP community is very helpful and there are not alot of Elitist people in HoM gear which I think one server had can't remember the name though! I was talking to some guy about it in a beta weekend; alot of GW1 players were on a server being Elitist and being jerks so I recommend Sorrow's Furnace! Alot of nice people!

Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
    That's also the only part of the game that doesn't have an overflow server, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Wonder what the main pvp server is going to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    so little guilds for the unofficial oceanic server although i have horrible nigtmares of tors one
    wankers, wankers everywhere from both sides of the fence
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    I recommend Sorrow's Furnace alot of nice people I've met and played with there that are rolling on that server! The PVP community is very helpful and there are not alot of Elitist people in HoM gear which I think one server had can't remember the name though! I was talking to some guy about it in a beta weekend; alot of GW1 players were on a server being Elitist and being jerks so I recommend Sorrow's Furnace! Alot of nice people!
    Was there on the betas, and I think it will be my home realm. Should be a good amount of PVPers on it.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    This....... I always end up on PvP servers where people roll 5 alts and PVE all the time.

Will GW2 have PvP servers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    So most UK people are going Desolation?
    Desolation and Ganadara, with a Far Shiverpeaks being a more mixed server.

I'm actually leaning towards a smallers server now, could not get in WvWvW much last BWE and the stress test on Desolation, and thats a big issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    This....... I always end up on PvP servers where people roll 5 alts and PVE all the time.

Will GW2 have PvP servers?
    There is no world pvp in the "questing" world so there are no pvp servers, because none of the factions are "at war" with each other like Alliance & Horde, as an example.

All PvP takes place in either WvWvW or by going to whatever that island is called (I forget) and queueing for an 8v8 PuG or a 5v5 tournament.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

It's interesting how so many people are in this WoW mindset of everything. However if you've ever wanted some real "world pvp" GW2 is where it's at in WvWvW. It's pretty much what you want and expect. Whereas WoW, you want world PvP, and your expectations are intense and fun battles. But the reality is it just ganking. Whether it be a high level on a low level or a group against one or someone hiding and waiting for you to get low health fighting npc's.

Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    This will be Fort Aspenwood. The secrets out ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Yep that's where I am rolling (hey stop inviting people!) :P

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Desolation and Ganadara, with a Far Shiverpeaks being a more mixed server.

I'm actually leaning towards a smallers server now, could not get in WvWvW much last BWE and the stress test on Desolation, and thats a big issue for me.
    My queue never lasted longer then five minutes on desolation during stress test. It seemed pretty bugged at times though. Did you try to click on "go to map" button again? It reset queue for me in BWE3 (queued before guildmates on mumble, getting queue popping after them).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be going to Far Shiverpeaks. Playing with Scandinavians in MMORPGs is almost like a requirement for me now.