Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Nup gotta drink the government chemical filled shit water.
    Cant have the real safe lovely tasting stuff, because hey!

FLUORIDE IS GOOD FOR YOUR TEETH!

Fuck the police.
    Are you seriously that ignorant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nup gotta drink the government chemical filled shit water.
    Cant have the real safe lovely tasting stuff, because hey!

FLUORIDE IS GOOD FOR YOUR TEETH!

Fuck the police.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is going places.

Im sure if I lived in Africa, id much rather some water lying around and risk some mosquitos, than die from thirst, just sayin'
    It's fortunate then that the man in question actually lives in America, a wealthy country where water is plentiful.
    Also many places in Africa are actually fairly well off and enjoy most of the luxuries you probably do. Africa is a fucking huge place made of many, many different nations.

A huge number of Africans have the choice between water with or without mosquitoes and do not need to risk dying of dehydration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does all water belong to the public? That's my dilemma.

I'm confused, why is this wrong/illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post
    I'm confused, why is this wrong/illegal?
    Because he built a dam in a public waterway to fill three resevoirs on his land without permission.
    If anyone was allowed to do that then it wouldn't take too many people until there was much less of a river.

Not commenting on him collecting water or not, just on water treatment as it relates to some comments. What follows is simple fact which I give to you from working in water treatment for 3 years. You can draw whatever opinions you want from it yourself....
    Flouride itself binds to Calcium, not specifically the enamel of the teeth, which is one of the atomic elements and a key component not only in bones but in the process of muscular contraction. Flouride was considered as a treatment for osteoporosis, but if the dosage is too high it will bind up too much free calcium in the blood, causing hypocalcidemia, which itself can interfere with muscular contractions and cause death. Around 2006, as I recall, the American Dental Association, in response to the flouride poisoning cases due to children accidentally ingesting too much flouride from mouthwash and toothpaste, particularly from the flouride bonding to the aluminum lining inside the tubes, stated that flouride treatments were to no longer be given to children under the age of 1. On a similar note, simple Chlorine is no longer used in many places and has been replaced by Chloramine, which is a bonding of Chlorine and Ammonia. Chloramine does not have any long term studies done on it compared to years of Chlorine testing, and the byproducts of it are not specifically on the EPA's need to test for list. Again, factual statements only, draw your own opinions.

Deleted
    Most places have laws protecting their waterways, you can't just rock up and do whatever you like with them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsmack241 View Post
    this kind of thing makes me sick. how did we let any government, whatever level, get this much power?
    Read the article before getting melodramatic.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    That certainly is an...interesting website.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off fluoride is not harmful in the doses you get from using tap water and has never been shown to cause long term damage.
    Second you cant just have untreated water out in the open to give a breading ground for mosquitos.

Clearly that man was stealing my rain!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    That certainly is an...interesting website.
    By interesting you mean a clear conservative bias? Yeah its interesting.

I can understand the reasons why the water might be public (Shortages and droughts). I can understand their reasoning, this guy was diverting water onto his property without permits (Yes he originally had them, but for they were suspended and I am curious as to why.)

With the droughts we are facing across the US do we really want the water supply to become a free for all?

Either way its hard to get the full-story, and all the facts to render a full opinion. I would like to see additional articles on the case, and more information on the law before making anything more than cursory opinion. I think most people should read the article or find more information on the topic before spouting off about freedom, liberty, and worse of all invoking the name of Hitler.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

The principle of this is that all of the state's water supplies come from runoff into reservoirs, so if people could build reservoirs on their soil without a permit they could potentially deplete that water supply. In an extreme case you could buy all the land, collect all the water and sell it in the resulting drought (obviously not a realistic situation but that's the principle). Water is publically owned - what with it falling from the sky - and you don't own the rainfall on your property.

But in this case this guy seems to be the victim of bureaucracy. He got the permits and then they reversed them on him and he's fighting to have that decision overturned. Jail time certainly seems excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Am I seriously going to try and enter a serious discussion with someone who thinks its a good idea to compare anyone with a dissenting opinion to Hitler in his very first reply, without even having read the article?
    Welcome to debating on internet forums! :P

Deleted
    America, fuck yeah. Oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to know why his permits were revoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

I live here in Oregon. In the dry parts, water is expensive. This is total crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    That's a bit of a silly fallacy, I really doubt they took people off important duties to take care of this guy.
    Just because worse crimes exist doesn't mean someone should not be punished for minor ones.
    Their taking the time to arrest someone for 30 days over collecting rainwater instead of working on something that actually matters, You do have a point but their just wasting their time on a stupid case instead of investing it into a more serious crime.

Im actually struggling to belive this because how ridiculous it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kivimetsan View Post
    kill all the beavers!

Fluoride doesn't brainwash you, are you on crack? It has bad effects on your body and is related to the increase in bone cancers.
    Moon landing was real.
    Lizardmen don't exist.
    lizardmen do exist!!!!!!!!