10+ Year Old Account
    That was Ferd who ran there right I wasn't seeing things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Glad to see QPR lose. They really are the scum of the league.
    I thought that was Wigan, what've you got against QPR?

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    That was Ferd who ran there right I wasn't seeing things?
    It was indeed, not often you see him that far forward.

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    (good enough wall of text reply? Not bad considering I'm cheering on Wales!!)
    I turned that game off, England have been replaced by a bunch of pub thugs today...
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea England looked terrible in that first half so many penalties given away.

Game over for England we deserved to lose.
    Last edited by laffling; 2013-03-16 at 06:14 PM.

So clumsy by Vidic. Reading should have had a penalty there.

10+ Year Old Account
    RvP has been so off his game the last 5-6 games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugly boring match, but it got the job done.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was lovely to arrive in Bruges today to see on my phone that Everton had beaten Man City, and then on my way back home to see Man United had beaten Reading. That's pretty much the title in the bag now, isn't it? (It better bloody be). I'm looking forward to having golden premier league logo's on my Man United season 13/14 shirt(s)!

10+ Year Old Account
    13 points will see United win the league (seems my math failed on the previous page)

If United win next weekend and City lose to Newcastle, United could win the league in the derby*. If not everyone's expecting it to be the West Ham game at the beginning of April.

The record for the biggest points margin is 18 for any league winning side, and no Premier League team has ever broken the 100 point barrier. Those two are the goals now for United this season, that and the FA Cup.

*In before the Arsenal fans remind us of the time they won the league at Old Trafford, yes it hurt thank you very much And yes I would love to have City fans feel the same level of grief, might let them know how last year felt for us.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    13 points will see United win the league (seems my math failed on the previous page)

If United win next weekend and City lose to Newcastle, United could win the league in the derby*. If not everyone's expecting it to be the West Ham game at the beginning of April.

The record for the biggest points margin is 18 for any league winning side, and no Premier League team has ever broken the 100 point barrier. Those two are the goals now for United this season, that and the FA Cup.

*In before the Arsenal fans remind us of the time they won the league at Old Trafford, yes it hurt thank you very much And yes I would love to have City fans feel the same level of grief, might let them know how last year felt for us.
    hey, winning the league at old toilet is always a good thing! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    hey, winning the league at old toilet is always a good thing! :P
    Surprised you remember what winning a league is like

10+ Year Old Account
    How many of you also watch rugby and F1/MotoGP? I'm curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    How many of you also watch rugby and F1/MotoGP? I'm curious.
    Not religiously on Rugby, my presence in the F1 thread tends to give me away there.

I should start a cricket thread one day...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I only watch the England games in Rugby, I've been watching F1/MotoGP since the late 90's yay for growing up watching it.

I wouldn't mind a cricket thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Modric' stunner against Real Mallorca today: http://i.imgur.com/O7l9uPg.gif
    Here's another angle.
    Madrid came back from behind twice to thrash them 5-2 at the Bernabeu.
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-03-17 at 05:43 AM.

Nice goal, good win for Madrid although I bet Modric costs more than all of Mallorca's squad put together, and he's just a bench player.

Such is life in La Liga I guess though.

well one of his goals like the one against manu will net more money than Mallorca's goals too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Nice goal, good win for Madrid although I bet Modric costs more than all of Mallorca's squad put together, and he's just a bench player.

Such is life in La Liga I guess though.
    You're not far off, Mallorca's entire squad is worth about €50 million. Modric was €40 million. But I don't think finances are really that relevant in football, or Man City would win everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    You're not far off, Mallorca's entire squad is worth about €50 million. Modric was €40 million. But I don't think finances are really that relevant in football, or Man City would win everything.
    It's a fact of liga life, I realize that (a Sevilla fan here talking). It would be nice if the league wouldn't perpetuate the monetary difference though (i.e. the TV funds distribution). Honestly, I imagine I will die of old age before we see a winner of La Liga other than Real Madrid or Barcelona.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's a fact of liga life, I realize that (a Sevilla fan here talking). It would be nice if the league wouldn't perpetuate the monetary difference though (i.e. the TV funds distribution). Honestly, I imagine I will die of old age before we see a winner of La Liga other than Real Madrid or Barcelona.
    The TV Funds thing is just funny. Should be equal for all clubs, really, but the LFP is too much of a Barca/Madrid whore for that. I reckon that with the resurgence of Atletico we'll see a new Spanish champion soon enough. This golden Barca generation won't last forever and neither will Mourinho at Real.

Not sure if it really is a resurgence of Atletico. While they are doing better than in previous years (although they have been pretty poor for the past few weeks) they still have a long ways to go to catch either of the big two. And I will be shocked if they hold on to their best player this summer (Falcao). A lot of the teams in La Liga are in pretty bad shape economically. Malaga will have to sell their top players again due to their ban and their MIA owner, Valencia is having a hell of a time to get into financial sound footing, they can't even pay the players wages on a consistent basis. I can see players like Banega leaving. Can you imagine what Valencia would be like if they were able to keep their players these past few years (Villa, Silva, Mata among others).

Other than Madrid and Barcelona, there aren't any real sound clubs financially. Heck, I'd say the healthiest would be my club Sevilla but we certainly can't afford anything other than castoffs.