A ba decision for those who has old computers

The only reason why I didn't pre order this game is because I have an old computer. Is there anyway that I can try this game before/after launch so I can buy game? I don't wanna waste my 60€ and I don't have enough money to change my computer. I think not allowing an open beta is a bad decision for people in my situation. I also write my specs in Performance thread but it got ignored.

Here are my specs:
    Intel Core2 Duo p8600 2.4ghz
    3GB Ram (shared with GPU)
    GeForce 9600M GT, 512MB

Playing below 40fps disturbs my gaming experience. I don't mind having low FPS in WvsWvsW but while questing I would like to play smooth. Do you think this computer can achieve it?
    ps: It fully loads the minimum system specification bar in canyourunit btw.
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-20 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    There's a computer help and performance thread sticked at the top of the forum.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ormance-thread

It may be prudent to just wait a week or two to see how optimized the game is and search for someone with similar specs. to see what they have to say.

I'm not sure if the setup will be able to consistently pull 40 FPS simply because I don't have the final product at my disposal. At the very least the massive crowds should go down after a few weeks, and there shouldn't be so many people in the starting areas to cause additional lag.
    To deny something outright is to show a lack of imagination. Everything can be successful. Adaptation and innovation.

To say "nobody wants this" is to show how closed minded one can truly be. Think outside the box and reveal an intelligent person.

Beyond that. the patch next week will be introducing the current tech of MoP, so if you can't run after the pre-MoP patch, you'll have your answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirgon View Post
    Beyond that. the patch next week will be introducing the current tech of MoP, so if you can't run after the pre-MoP patch, you'll have your answer.
    :P This is in the GW2 forum, friend.

I'd say 10-25FPS at minimum graphic quality, depends how optimized it will be at launch. I have slightly worse CPU, but my GPU is 6970 and I was getting 10fps at best in betas, usually 5fps, game is super CPU dependant considering I can run heavily modded Skyrim around 25fps and Tera too.

I guess there wont be any open beta anymore, launch is in few days. Pointless anyway, not many would be downloading almost 20Gt in few days.
    Trial after launch probably wont be coming anytime soon, earliest probably 2-3months after launch. But I'm not sure about this.
    Last edited by Gámbller; 2012-08-20 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I think not allowing an open beta is a bad decision for people in my situation.
    But isn't this really a broader statement of "all games should have free trials/playable levels"?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason why I didn't pre order this game is because I have an old computer. Is there anyway that I can try this game before/after launch so I can buy game? I don't wanna waste my 60€ and I don't have enough money to change my computer. I think not allowing an open beta is a bad decision for people in my situation. I also write my specs in Performance thread but it got ignored.

Here are my specs:
    Intel Core2 Duo p8600 2.4ghz
    3GB Ram (shared with GPU)
    GeForce 9600M GT, 512MB

Playing below 40fps disturbs my gaming experience. I don't mind having low FPS in WvsWvsW but while questing I would like to play smooth. Do you think this computer can achieve it?
    ps: It fully loads the minimum system specification bar in canyourunit btw.
    Thank you in advance.
    I was able to run GW2 (2bwe) on a laptop with specs very close to yours , only difference is I had more RAM and AMD not NVidia (less dedicated ram). Was averaging 35-50 fps, medium settings, shadows off, hd res (external monitor).

If you want to run everything maxed, then no, but I would say you'll have a very smooth pleasant experience providing you are not the type - it's ULTRA or nothing The game is visually beautiful, even on medium settings. Just invest in a little extra memory
    Last edited by mag07; 2012-08-20 at 02:28 PM.

I have run GW2 on a similarly specced computer and I got 25-35 fps on average, using low settings and playing on 1440x900 resolution. If your laptop has lower resolution, it will run better. The game felt absolutely smooth (even when compared to a much faster machine which run the game at 50+ fps), except WvWvW and looked ok. Also, I expect the launch client performance to be even better. And if you want more fps, you can always turn on subsampling.

tl;dr: it will be playable, but you will surely be able to enjoy it with a faster machine. A modern laptop with current Intel or AMD integrated graphics are 2 times and more faster then your 9600M GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    But isn't this really a broader statement of "all games should have free trials/playable levels"?
    I actually didn't mean that in this case. I was just worried about my crappy computer is not powerful enough to run this game. But to be honest, that is exactly what I think as a conscious customer. When you buy stuff IRL, you try first. Be it cars, electronic. There are some products that you can't try them because of their nature but games are not one of them. Maybe gamer community should stop caring about companies and care more for fellow gamers.

I don't mind running games with lowest settings so I'Ll just run the game with lowest settings but I need to be sure first beucase low fps bugs me A LOT!. Anyway, thank you for your comments guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Upgrade...
    not possible. I'm not masochist. I will change this lap top as soon as I got money to do so.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-20 at 03:32 PM.

not possible. I'm not masochist. I will change this lap top as soon as I got money to do so.
    There's your problem. Laptops simply aren't designed for gaming.

New laptop which can play gw2 on full costs nothing, perhaps 500-600€.

We have a very active thread for all PC and technical related questions and issues. Perfectly viable to ask this question anew: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ormance-thread

Thanks.

-- Fencer