Poll: Vote

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjoe View Post
    Blizz needs to hire you as a mascot or something, nice to see someone with such a positive attitude all the time. TBH would be great if everyone could be more like you, this world would be a better place.

After experiencing the GW2 beta I have the same opinion on that game as you do for wow.
    He balances out the GW2 promoters/nuts. Anyhow about that guild...you guys started a level 1 guild to just change the name? Gonna need the story on that.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    He balances out the GW2 promoters/nuts. Anyhow about that guild...you guys started a level 1 guild to just change the name? Gonna need the story on that.
    Maybe a bit of information from yourside, I think I have proven where I am coming from with my statements.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolWow916 View Post
    So vanilla wow didn't exist?
    You put out a product like Vanilla wow in 2012-2013 and you will have an epic failure release on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I cannot vote on my Poll, as WOW has not, and will not have a Downfall. MOP is the crowing Glory of the WOW Franchise.
    Quick Survey.

Losing subs continuously over the course of an expansion, escalating to a drop of more than 1 million subs in the most recent quarter is the sign of
    A) A rising star
    B) A game on the downfall

Deleted
    All the options contributed, to a different degree and in a different way.
    I can't pick one of the above speciffically.
    But i will go with the "other" because i am very raid driven, and the majority of my game time is consumed in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    You put out a product like Vanilla wow in 2012-2013 and you will have an epic failure release on your hands.
    This is true but there is a difference between presentation and design philosophy, I think most people aren't happy with the design philosophy when they talking about why they preferred this to that in the past. OFC features like pet battles, improved gfx,improved charactor models etc and that can exist in a TBC design philosophy.

Deleted
    Useless Threads like this! thats the downfall....

dont like how the game is today -> quit!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofire View Post
    I personally think that welfare epics are bringing wow down, not really with a killing blow, but i can remember the days when you started raiding in blues and getting a purple was like "OMG I finally got something EPIC!!"

Now days, you run some dungeons, get some blues, go burn rep a couple weeks, bam you buy a "epic" with gold or valor or whatever it is. Heck even some quests give you "filler" epics (the quest chain for the 365 cape really comes to mind) making epics nothing more then a "purple blue" if you get my drift.

Anyway, I just want them to go back to the style, purples are hard as shit to acquire, and getting them is another representation of how dedicated you are to the game and to raiding/higher up pvp.

The End.
    Yea, they really should add something else to gear earned from the higher end content to differentiate it from the other gear. Like, I dont know, a "Heroic" tag on the tooltip so we can see straight off that it was earned from doing HC content.
    Many things about WoW don't sit easy with players I can understand, some might quit the game due to these issues, but if someone seriously is going because of the proliferation of gear with a particular font and not it's relative power then I say let them. Yes, by comparing gear now to old gear no heroic tagged epics are "purple blues" and have been for many years. I can't see contributing to the sub loss, I mean it takes three million people over four years to decide that they have had enough of purple fonts being devalued?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    A) A rising star
    B) A game on the downfall
    you sir forgot option c:

c) normal for every game over a period of 8 years...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    If you took away everything that you claim to dislike, you wouldn't even have WoW anymore.
    Half the things on your list, have been gone for a LONG time, and WoW is yet to be even close to dead. The only thing that is going to kill WoW is Blizzards complete disregard for the opinion of the players. They seem to be following their own guidelines of what they THINK the players want, and not listening to the players to see what we ACTUALLY want.
    Not true. Blizzard do listen to us, we just complain regardless of whether they give us something different, or what we want.

Deleted
    I had my break from WoW because all my friends left the game and it got very repetitive.

My vote is Other and that other being Time.

People grow up, they change over time.... Blizzard is doing the right thing by changing things up. Some people hate change but it's the only way to keep it fresh. People also complain about the very things they have asked for and blizzard gave them like flying mounts in Azeroth. I don't want to spend all my time doing group quests, or do a long attunement quest or run 2 hour long Heroics (wipe multiple times) for rare gear. Life is grindy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolWow916 View Post
    So vanilla wow didn't exist?
    Vanilla wow was -far- from great.
    Looking for people in trade for hours on end to do a dungeon. Getting to the dungeon was a frikkin' drag and half the group might have left before you even got there.
    All the running around for raids.
    Dungeons weren't hard in vanilla wow either so I don't know what thats all about, even normal dungeons start of cata were harder than strat or scholo end vanilla wow
    It was new and exciting, but far from "grand".
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    My vote would be on "ret... *cough* I mean 'people that, by general consensus, are frowned upon' *cough*" but since that option isn't there, I just don't vote at all. And just fyi, doomsayers are well within the group of aforementioned people.

I mean, "downfall"... I may have missed the call where they told us wow lost so many players that they will do a massive server-merge and go F2P in just a few months.

WoW may (or may not) be on the decline, but "downfall" would be a tad on the exaggerating side.

Quote Originally Posted by Grothrill View Post
    My vote is the upcoming Black Auction House in Mists of Pandaria and the Diablo 3 basis system cash for item progression at their AH.
    That only 1% of the server can afford to buy?

OT: There is no "downfall" of wow, its not going anywhere, may be "dead" for you but there are 9 million other players that still play and enjoy the game, not to count the people that will be returning during mists launch or 5.0.4.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I think that, quite simply, the game is getting too old.

The questing system is, at its core, unchanged from its original inception- sure, the quests themselves have been given plenty of new mechanics, but the way we interact with the world is not keeping up.
    Old zones are neglected for new ones; If I look out to other MMOs, I see entirely new, massive worlds to explore. I look to WoW, and all there is is Pandaria coming up.
    I doubt I have to talk about character customisation and the graphics. The cartoony style has definitely carried WoW well, but it's really starting to fall behind when it comes to creating a new character. Aion and GW2 are both sterling examples of the height of character customisation in MMOs. Hell, you can even make a damn unique character in STO.

These are just the obvious ones that I could think of, I'm sure if I put more time into it I could come up with more, but that's enough to get the point across.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2012-08-22 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdLady68 View Post
    My vote is Other and that other being Time.

People grow up, they change over time.... Blizzard is doing the right thing by changing things up. Some people hate change but it's the only way to keep it fresh. People also complain about the very things they have asked for and blizzard gave them like flying mounts in Azeroth. I don't want to spend all my time doing group quests, or do a long attunement quest or run 2 hour long Heroics (wipe multiple times) for rare gear. Life is grindy enough.
    Just playing devils advocate here, so not saying I agree or disagree.

What about the players who do have the time that you had back then? Do you think it's ok for them not experience the journey you had back in BC.
    I know for you and many others this is great but there is players and new players who do have the time to put in now.

For me when things got busy i didn't expect to given everything as I understand i wasnt putting the dedication in because I had other things on the go but I knew when i did have more available time again I would have this journey set out in front of me that I could still travel and it definitely felt more rewarding for me as a player even if I didn't cross the finish line.

I guess I am in a small minority with that mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Perhaps I should clarify that D3 and the Asian market in general has something to do with it as well. -.-
    Doesn't matter, it's still unprecedented, and people are vastly overestimating how much of an effect D3 had. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but I don't know of a single person who stopped their WoW subscription to play D3. I know many that went on breaks, and I know about 30-40 more who were on the annual pass anyway.

In addition the latest calls were for the end of June, D3 had already been out over a month, and people hated it, so many people came back to WoW after they were disappointed.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

All of them are major probelms in the game. They shouldn't being intruduced in WoW, or at least they could make special server types for casuals with does features.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"