Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Darren followed quietly, weary yet refreshed from both the Mana Gem and his drink. He knew if they were about to face another fight, his sword was next to useless. He hadn't had the time to conjure more Mana Gems, meaning he'd have to conserve his mana - Something he wasn't very adept at doing.
    He could see the figure in the green mist, and clenched his hands into fists. "What the bloody hell is that?" he asked, becoming frustrated with the lack of answer. He stopped beside the tauren, who raised his hands and called forth a gust of wind. Darren could feel the magical energies from it, and grimaced at the rush of eergy that seemed to burn thrugh him. As the mist as blown away, the figure was revealed and Darren, along with the rest of the observers, gasped in shock.
    Darren raised his arms halfway, fire aready conjured and on his fingertips.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    The silhouette of the mountainking gradually shrunk as he stumbled out of the dissipating blend of mist and plague. The dwarf took another step, and fell to his knee, looking up at the gathered host of adventurers and company. His form was comprised entirely of an amalgation of steel and stone, with cracks visible in the stone that made up his face. He let out a weak chuckle, and a cough, as the stone faded into flesh, and the metal withdrew from his form. "Yer.. not rid o' me yet, .. lads.."

The plague had eaten away at him, its' green sheen dissolving on his armor as the mist was blown away by Jorn's breeze. He looked at Grimgor, and chuckle-coughed again. Stoneform. Some manner of stoneform, similar but different to Grimgor's. The dwarf had been pure stone as he had walked his way back here.

He leaned down on one hand, his axe dug into the ground as he leaned on it with his other arm. The riflemen breathed a collective sigh of relief, lowering their rifles and hurrying over to get their Thane back on his feet. As they moved him inside, the dwarf muttered his orders between coughs.

"Jern, you an' Duri h-cough- .. head te Ironforge, fer i-immediate backup. Tell th' council we're makin' u-cough- use of Dun Thoran." He pointed. "T-the rest o' ye, other'n Berin an' Korran, fly te Stormwind. Tell Wrynn th' call te arms o' the Crusade was a trap.. or a diversion.. or summat. Th' situation 'ere is far more dire. Call th' entire might o' the Alliance into this fersaken place. And tell 'em te contact th' Draenei."

The weakened Thane coughed again. While not lethal, the plague bomb had taken its' toll.

(Psych! :V)
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-09-06 at 06:46 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((I didn't believe him gone for a moment. :P))

Jorn turned to the young human mage, chuckling. "Now now, young one. You can stow your magic for a bit. Better to save it for the real undead. Though, I do suggest some tea, it's rather good at restoring magical energies."
    Chris followed the dwarfs, as Jorn moved ahead of them, clearing the way of those soldiers and death knights who stood there, still stunned by the turn of events. Jorn had them bring the Mountainking in front of the fire, sitting him down in the seat Jorn had left. The Tauren began drawing water from the cauldron into a mug, and adding various seeds and dried herbs and infusing it with some of his natural energies. Putting it down next to the seated dwarf, Jorn gave him a smile.
    "While not as potent as the ale I'm sure you would prefer, this should give you a kick start. Hot and strong, good for regenerating energy and soothing the old body. My people enjoy this type of tea, especially the elder hunters after a long day on the plains."
    Turning to the dwarf priest, he suggested that if he could find any more bread or meat, the Mountainking could probably use the sustenance.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

10+ Year Old Account
    ((The moment you dig in, i guessed what was going to happen. That's a cool excuse for being late, old man ))

The moment Grimgor saw the silhuette of mountain king shrink, he realised what he was seeing: Stoneform, dwarves' ancestral gift. Turning back, he raised his arms and started yelling "No shoot! No shoot!" to prevent the rifleman from mistakenly shooting their commander. He let out a sigh of relief as they moved the wounded old dwarf inside, somehow he was happy to see him alive. Rushed inside after the crowd, he saw the Tauren druid attending the Thane. Later he motioned him to find something to eat. Grimgor walked to the cupboards and while hastily searching through the abandoned wares, he found some alterac swiss, rest of the corn bread and some scraps of dried meat. He made a roll similar to his own, and placed it on the fire to heat up the meat inside and to get rid of the staleness of the bread. He handed the heated roll, gently to the wounded warrior.

He stepped back and looked at the tauren druid, and saw the same look on his face. Concerned. He started to carefully inspect the Thane's body, looking for traces of scourge corruption. Stoneform protects the caster from being infected by common plagues, simply because your tissues turn into stone, effectively blocking out any outer parasite. "But.. Such blast.. Damage on armor.. Coughing.." Grimgor's mind commingled with ideas.. Guesses.. And suspicion. Then he realised the cup of herb tea tauren served at the thane. That smell.. Obviously wise druid made his move to better assess the situation, because there was no way a scourge host could even stand the smell of Sorrowmoss, a rare herb from Swamp of Sorrows, known to the adept alchemists and herbalists for its purifying capabilities. Yet, he seemed to be enjoying the smell and comfort of it.

Grimgor turned his gaze directly at the dwarven mountain king, and said "I'll heal. No move.". He shut his eyes, and started chanting holy words in a slow, steady whisper. He raised his hands, and channeled a dim light, obviously a small effort-small gain healing spell, towards the Chonar. Mumbling a chant of "curarent diease", he tried to purify his body and renew and heal his light wounds.

Darren blinked at the druid. He realized he still held his arms up halfway, fire crackling at his fingertips. He dismissed the magi and lowered his arms, following the druid back inside. "Tea? I suppose . . . might I inquire as to why tea?"
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jorn smiled at the magi's question. "Why tea? Because, what is better? Ale may be more to your taste, but it doesn't have the same effects on your body." Having said that, he quickly whisked up three more full mugs, using the same herbs as he had originally for himself. Handing one to Chris, then one to the mage, he turned once more to the dwarven priest.
    "And how about you, friend? I know you worry about the Mountainking, but he will be fine, and your own energies are low. And as you state, there is no milk to be had."
    Jorn held out the third mug, waiting to see if the priest would accept.
    My RP Characters:

Darren mutely accepted the mug and sniffed its contents. Satisfied the tauren wasn't trying to poison him ((lulz)) he took a sip, and found it to be a comforting drink. It was still hot, though, and the young mage managed to burn his tongue on it. Before the next sip, he blew on the mug, careful not to spill any. His thoughts turned to the druid's words and the Mountainking. Hopefully the dwarf's all right. he thought, feeling relieved that he'd survived the plague explosion.
    Suddenly, he remembered something. Walking over to the table and setting the mug down, he pulled arcane energies from the air around him, forming three, octagon-shaped sapphires that all hovered in midair, glinting. He grabbed them and stuffed them into a pouch on his belt. The small drain on his resources affected him little, and as he retured to sipping on the druid's tea, he felt it restore them back to their original state.
    Last edited by xensorlol; 2012-09-07 at 12:40 AM.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "My lady, it seems all the adventurers have arrived. The dwarf Thane has appeared from the mist and is in good health." Sylvanas ignores her trooper. Instead she focuses on the map before her, a land on fire, once thought to be so safe. Yet, taken again in the midst of peace, by the same enemy, in the same way; swiftly and easily. She pounds the table and small trinkets such as comapasses and candles rock around. "Damn it!" She bows her head over the table in fatigue, "What's your plan human, we havent got all day."
    Aldean gazed out a nearby window and notcied the commotion, he also found some reprieve in the scent of tea. "The druids will have to find the necropolis. But we lack the men or resources to continue. Under normal circumstances I'd say we dig in and wait for the Alliance, but this situation is way beyond that." Sylvanas looks grimly at the human, "Spit it out. I have no time for games." Aldean returns her dreadful vigil with his own. "We need to draw out Darced and his army. While the rest of our forces escape into the Eastern Plaguelands."
    Darion twists quickly, out of disciplined composure and Sylvanas' eyes widen. "How can we even consider something so assenine!" Darion intrudes, "What would our people find in there? Our death knights hold Acherus, but there's no telling what the Scourge have in store!" Sylvanas continues, "There has to be a way we can regroup."
    Aldean shakes his head, "I and the adventurers can hold off Darced while the army attempts to rendevous with any remaining Argents." Sylvanas looks to Darion and then back to Aldean. "Why would we do that?" "You and Darion are the only ones who can actually lead your people. We on the other hand have proven our worth against these monsters. Plus, we have something this Darced wants." Sylvanas peers fom behind the table. "Our 'worth' isn't to be called into question. And-what possibly can dwarves, druids, a mage and human cut throats possibly have that someone with Kel'Thuzad's power would go through so much trouble to get?" Aldean smirked, "Why, that exactly."
    Darion's eyes widen from within his helmet and the blue glow eminates outward. "I see. You intend to gamble your souls." He turns to the table and reviews the scroll map. "That makes sense. He knew that adventurers would come, ones like who he encountered in Northrend." He looks up, "He knew you'd be our ace in the hole, as always." Aldean nods, "Yes, he invited us so we'd be out of his way. So, let's give him the chance he wants."
    Sylvanas shakes her head, "If anyone is to risk themselves against Darced, it WILL be me!" Aldean looks in surprise, "Darced is my responsibilty! If anyone is going to face him, it is I." The Banshee Queen equips her arrows and places her bow along her back. "I will have my vengeance. As always, the Forsaken will be free from the Scourge." Aldean moves to object, "Who in Light begotten hell made you into such a vigilante bitch?! Darced is mine, he killed half my men!" Sylvanas darts a glare, "He killed many of my people! Unless you want to end up the same I suggest you hold your tongue with Light nonsense!" Aldean looks enraged, "Is that a threat you damned elf?!" She draws her bow toward Aldean, who in turn raises his hammers and thrust his helmet over with a violent turn of the head and a roar. "Come at me, whore!!!"
    Darion shoots grip spells toward the two and prevents any damage. "Look! Sylvanas is right. Better we risk one than our 'Ace in the hole.' Let her redeem her people!" Aldean exhales deeply, "Fine. Let the Banshee bitch meet her well deserved fate." He leaves the room to join the others and debrief his men.
    "I'd advise against this Banshee Queen." says Darion, "As you said, he does have Kel'Thuzad's power." Sylvanas faces a back window, towards the woods. "It's my job to fix this." Darion continues, "Alone?" Sylavanas peers behind her, eyes burning. "No, my new pet is with me." Dark smoke envelops next to her, and Darion is shocked to see what appears. The two vanish and Mograine is left in awe as he clenches his fist mid air. "What has she done to you Koiltra?!"
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-09-07 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shortly after finishing channelling his weak spells, Grimgor mumbled "All i can now. Hope it enough.". He felt very, very tired, his eyes were getting wet while he was looking at the fire. He sensed a wave of tiredness coming over him.

Then he saw the mug of tea handed to him by the druid. He looked at the tauren with half closed eyes, hasitated twice as his hand moved back and forth, and finally grabbed the tea cup. His curiosity mixed with distrust, and he cautiously smelled the cup, trying to get any distinct feeling, but there were none so far. He took a tiny sip, to check the taste. It actually tasted a bit sour, because of the fresh herbs inside it, but there was nothing bad in it. He moved near the fire, first sat down and drinked a bit, then he has gone a half-lying position, sipping more from the cup while warming his feet near the fire. Finally, before he could even finish the cup, he fell asleep, still holding the cup firmly in his hand.

((Don't wake him up for briefing, he'll follow Alliance commanders anywhere on the battlefield, untill either his task of aiding the call to arms is done or he is dead ))

10+ Year Old Account
    Laid down across a table, the old Thane's breathing slowed as his heart calmed, and the harmful after-effects of the plaguemist were removed by Grimgor's spell. He sat up slowly, groaning quietly but recovering. "Thanks, lad." He spoke, nodding towards Grimgor. He sat up on the table, resting his helmet on the wooden surface and rubbing his face. "Ugh.."

Satisfied that their Thane was in good hands, the remaining Riflemen mounted their gryphons, taking wing and heading towards the Alliance cities in the south. Accepting the druid's tea, the Mountainking muttered incoherently into his cup about old bodies and elders, grumbling a soft thanks before sipping and feeling the rejuvinating warmth spread through his body.

Recovering, he nodded at the Jorn, and then at the others. "Th' Thunderbeard clan thanks ye all. Th' name's Chonar. Pleased te meet ye all now that we aint fightin' fer our lives fer th' moment."

Listening to the commotion as Aldean and Sylvanas exchanged verbal blows, the Thane got onto his feet. Listening in, the dwarf stroked his beard in thought. "We're severely outnumbered, regardless o' what we do." He muttered. "However, me clan has an outpost nearby, hidden near th' Thondroril River. I used it durin' th' very first assault on Naxxramas as main base o' operations." He looked at Sylvanas. "Luckily th' place has gone undiscovered, as o' yet. If we need ta arm and resupply ourselves, I suggest we pass through Dun Thoran first. It's stockpiled properly and may give us more room ta breathe."

Darren sat mutely, mug drained, and nodded at Chonar. "Darren Frostwhisper. Pleased to meet you, as well."
    He stood, placing his mug on the table beside him, and joined the Mountainking as he spoke to Sylvanas Windrunner and Aldean. The conversation between the Grey and the Banshee Queen escalated quickly, and just as Darren was about to cast a spell - a paralyzing spell, harmless but no doubt would have little effect on either of them - Highord Morgraine gripped them both with shadow magic, stopping the fight.

((Koltira... ? Nooo... he was my favourite DK when I played WoW, lol. I loved him.. what did Sylvanas to do him?! D)
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((What's Dun Thoran? I lokked it up and it doesn't appear. I GROW CURIOUS!!! ))

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darced View Post
    ((What's Dun Thoran? I lokked it up and it doesn't appear. I GROW CURIOUS!!! ))
    (( Doesn't exist in the game world right now, just making it part of the story. It's basically a dwarven outpost, similar to the other Dun's, only this one is hidden between the eastern and western plaguelands, locked away and untouched for several years. There'll be weaponry and rations inside, but also possible danger. We can detour there to resupply ourselves, or choose to go as-is. ))

((Oooooh, I like the sound of possible danger... >))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    (( Certainty of death, *small* chance of success... What are we waiting for? ))

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Epic quote Mengucekli. And this a great add on Chonar. Alright we'll head off to Dun Thoran.))

Aldean overhead the dwarf's recovery and was somewhat elated to see everyone lese survived; more or less scathed. Dun Thoran? We'll need those bullets. He approaches the table and scans the room. "Well, glad to see you've all made it in one piece." He pauses as his head bobs downward and he sighs. "Unfortunatly, we have to move very soon. As we speak Sylvanas is going to take on Darced, buying us time we need to proceed. We need to reach Light Hope's Chapel."

One of the Grey soldiers looked in shock. "Sir! That should have been our job! We can take a little lich!" Aldean darted a glare to the trigger happey cousin. "As much asd I agree, she went on ahead. We'll be needed to pierce the Eastern Plaguelands defenses. I propose we rearm at Dun Thoran and follow the road east. We need to regroup with the crusade." The Grey soldiers mumble amongst one another and Aldean takes a seat next to the table. "Who objects?"

Darren approached, standing tall. "I don't. I've had enough of this blasted place."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    A loud snore could be heard from the dwarven priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allowing the commotion to go on around them, the two druids patiently awaited a moment to get a word in. As that moment came, Jorn turned first to the Mountainking.

"I am Jorn Wildmane, my companion is Chris Barnley. We are druids from the Cenarian Circle, the closest two at the time that the call was made. It is a pleasure to be able to meet your acquaintance, Chonar Thunderbeard, as it is yours, Darren Frostwhisper."

Turning now to those who had taken command of the operations, Jorn let loose a heavy sigh. "It is unfortunate how this all began, but we support this course of action. Also, we agree it is best to move quickly, soon. My words of caution, however, is we need to realize many are weakened, and there may be danger both on the way, and once we reach our destination. Once at the Dun, I can prepare a message for the rest of the Circle, informing them of the need of more aid. They would likely be able to come to our aid far more quickly than the armies of the Alliance."

Chris grinned a lupine grin, showing off his sharp teeth. "Personally, I'm looking forward to the danger. I didn't have enough of a chance to enjoy myself yet. Hopefully next time we can be on the offensive rather than defensive."
    Last edited by Knephertiti; 2012-09-08 at 10:16 PM.
    My RP Characters:

10+ Year Old Account
    Chonar bowed his head towards Jorn, then looked between Darion, Darren and the druids, as well as the footsoldiers and the slumbering priest. He gestured a nod Grimgor's way while looking at the two remaining riflemen, Berin and Korran. Next, he turned to look through the window, outside of the farmhouse, where most of the dilluted plaguemist had begun evaporating. "Andorhal is lost, and th' Banshee Queen is goin' ta give chase. If this be our course o' action, let's not waste any time."

Berin and Korran put a hand each on Grimgor's shoulders, urging him to wake. "Th' outpost is hidden upstream th' Thondroril River." Chonar murmured as he put his helmet back on, peering through the visor. "I suggest we move quickly. Berin and Korran, ye two cover our flanks and guard th' Tauren and mage. Darion and Aldean should lead th' way, I assume they know th' lay o' the land up here better than I. It's been years fer me since I was last 'ere, an' me memory hasn't been trustworthy fer th' longest time." He smiled, big grey moustache curling upward some.

"Not ta worry though, once we get upstream o' th' river I'll know how ta get into th' outpost."

He looked around. "Where'd Grey go, anyway?"
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-09-08 at 11:10 PM.