Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time..."Crap :/

Played from China since it came up with little to no lag and no disconnects until the password thing kicked me.
    Talk of a bad launch is utter juvenile nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Queeg View Post
    The problem is for pre-ordering you paid a premium ontop direct to Anet to get 3 day headstart. When there's been umpteen stress tests and BWE's there shouldn't be any problems, as someone stated on twitter, this isn't early access it's just another BWE to fix their problems before worldwide release.

They even refused to put up the official forums because of the amount of posts they would get for messing it up. I have encountered dozens of bugs that I reported during the beta which are still not fixed, including a couple of Skill Point challenges.

Forums are probably down for bandwidth until the load eases some. Their servers are getting nailed really hard atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    Got in 3 hours early, right on the dot, only had a bit of lag in WvW about 30 minutes later, and it ran smoothly until about 45 minutes ago, and yet I still see tons of whiners comparing this to Diablo 3's launch... Really? This had to be the best launch in ages, but people can never be happy about anything on the internet.
    While things might have looked smooth, most people don't realize that anything cross server was down, so in wvwvw every team was made up of people from your own server. Took us awhile to figure out why we were against people from our own guild :P

Deleted
    I haven't been able to play for about 30 minutes now but other than that and the trading company everything has been fine.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2012-08-25 at 12:09 PM.

I would say much better game than I expected the launch issues are there.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by navai View Post
    Played from about 6:30am until about 30 minutes ago. Had 1 dc which was down for 10 minutes.

I'm from the UK, I saw legions of people online as well, so "EU Folks can't log in at all" is false. Quite a large portion of the EU can, another large portion of the EU cannot granted, but its just like D3 launch in the EU where we hammer it and it falls over repeatedly, just like every WoW and just like the monumental queues of SWTOR.
    Sorry, but we're 18 people on ts³ - none of us has been able to log in to the game since, well 4 hours now. I just assumed that this is an EU-wide problem oO

But I won't accept the "lol I've been playing since 8 hours straight, stop complaining" , good for you, but not everyone's that lucky :/

I played for 7hours till it BORKED.
    Sure Im not happy at all since I cant play for 1hour already and waiting for it to come back up.
    But its nowhere near D3... I couldnt play D3 for 2 days in a row, at all.

Deleted
    1. it was perfect. i was awake 06.00 and logged in 06.00 .30 sec it was perfect. no errors or anything, ohh only once, but i was back in business after 2 min.
    2. seriously guys, who thought that gw2 wouldnt close their servers for updates and things ? D:

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Sorry, but we're 18 people on ts³ - none of us has been able to log in to the game since, well 4 hours now. I just assumed that this is an EU-wide problem oO

But I won't accept the "lol I've been playing since 8 hours straight, stop complaining" , good for you, but not everyone's that lucky :/
    I am on EU: i havent had any issues. ive closed the client 4 times between 10.00 and 12.00. i was back in game after 2 min tops, and i have been playing since 06.00 (when the server opened)
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2012-08-25 at 12:08 PM.

Not a bad launch but kinda screwing up my plans on hitting Lv.50 before i have to sleep again.

Deleted
    The launch for me was brilliant. Got on at 6am UK time, picked the realm took 15 to 20 mins sorting my character out and in the game.
    Within 5 mins of playing the vendors stopped working for around 20 minutes then they got sorted. I logged off for half an hour to get a shower and eat and it took me less than 5 mins to log back on.

I then played up until 30/40 mins ago when I got the password error. So far I am loving this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I am on EU: i havent had any issues. ive closed the client 4 times between 10.00 and 12.00. i was back in game after 2 min tops, and i have been playing since 06.00 (when the server opened)
    Login servers have been down for 1 hour 40 now. Of course the login servers doesn't effect people who are already logged into the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Diablo 3 launch was a nightmare, guild wars 2 launch is a fresh breeze.

You are a sad person you have to compare this....and its only for you

I am STILL niot able to log in. For me its the worst launch ever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    Got in 3 hours early, right on the dot, only had a bit of lag in WvW about 30 minutes later, and it ran smoothly until about 45 minutes ago, and yet I still see tons of whiners comparing this to Diablo 3's launch... Really? This had to be the best launch in ages, but people can never be happy about anything on the internet.
    Hey guy

you know what I heard

just because you logged in, so can everyone else. Are you really that ignorant? some people have not been able to connect once for the past 7 hours. Not even to reserve names, not to be kicked off the server.

Welcome to being an Arms Warrior for the past year and a half.

But yeah, we got some real champs in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    The problem is the belief that they actually spread anyone out by the pre-purchase 3 day head start. I would bet the lion's share of people who are playing bought early as most gamers do to ZOMG PLAY IT NOWZ! and hit the servers full force last night. Its a MMO so its to be expected. Hell any game where you are going to have that many people slamming the weakest link / bottleneck in the system, the log in server, your going to have these issues and anyone who works in programming can tell you all the prep in the world isn't going to find 100% of the issues or simulate even close to what a real launch will be.

In short MMO's are MMO's and nothing out of the ordinary here. The proof in the pudding so to speak will be how quickly they respond to issues and correct them without causing further issues. Sadly SWTOR as much as I love it, is sadly deficient in this regard as each "fix" simply created new things to be fixed.
    Last edited by Vexies; 2012-08-25 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Played from China since it came up with little to no lag and no disconnects until the password thing kicked me.
    Talk of a bad launch is utter juvenile nonsense.

Your game is working. many people are not. So we are "Juvenile" because we expect a game we pay for to work?

Deleted
    No problem at all, sure ... why are they spamming my twitter front page with "please be patient!"-messages then

http://imgur.com/a/66zIB

game is brilliant, launch is horrible.

No problem at all, sure ... why are they spamming my twitter front page with "please be patient!"-messages then

http://imgur.com/a/66zIB

game is brilliant, launch is horrible.
    because for 7 hours or so it was perfect then suddenly login acted up.

you must be new to mmo launchings.

Deleted
    Seriously? EU Folks can't log in at all, "wrong password" problem etc. , issues for 3-4 hours now.
    No, I'm not content at all, regarding all the stress tests and splitting up the amount of people with 3 day/1 day head start.
    i dont think everyone attended to the stress test might be shocking news coming to you

Deleted
    So much hate