Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No - it's awesome imo!
    Most different MMO ive played that is actually good - (Tera had gr8 combat but that was it)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    GW2 has been out for how long? and first topic drops already?
    Ive never felt a hype for GW2, I didnt even know what it was til yesterday acctualy
    My bet is that GW2 is just the same as all the others, ure gonna play it for 1 month and then u will all end up like the first poster. Dont waste ure money is my tip
    How can you offer any advice without playing the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    You act as though you're the spokesman for GW2 fans.
    Just calling out what I've seen in the community with my own eyes, instead of hating on a group of people just because I'm not one of them.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-26 at 06:43 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Nobody's been acting like that. O_o
    People always (and stupidly) over hype up big games, they're expecting, right before relase. I don't know which is more is more silly, the fool who proclaims his game as being the bestest thing ever, or the fools who listen to him :/.

I went into GW2 with little expectations past what was stated by the official GW2 people, and I was pleasantly surprised .
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-08-26 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanie View Post
    The problem here is not the downed state as such, but that you are ending up in it so often. ArenaNet doesn't really do a very good job at managing expectations and introducing players to the mechanics of GW2 (even the manual is too basic).

In general, normal mobs that are +1 or +2 to you shouldn't regularly down you, especially at low levels. What you need to do is to balance offense and defense, use your skills as much for their defensive as for their offensive purposes, keep moving, keep dodging. Once you've mastered that, these mobs shouldn't really be much of a problem for you.
    I know about dodging and stuff, kiting etc... I did that many times. But mobs +2lvl or so than you and some events where theres multiple mobs they hurt alot. Some were ranged so you cannot dodge it at all. Hard "elite" ones in events even doing with 10-15 people and at range to avoid aoe and stuff you die alot and so do others. So you basically need to spend alot of time in downing state and rezzing other people too. Not fun imo, cuts the action too much.

Also I agree with the above post about the loading screens. Theres just too many. Also no mounts, you just use teleports all the time. That too me kills the "open world" part of a MMO.
    Last edited by Patife17; 2012-08-26 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    GW2 has been out for how long? and first topic drops already?
    Ive never felt a hype for GW2, I didnt even know what it was til yesterday acctualy
    My bet is that GW2 is just the same as all the others, ure gonna play it for 1 month and then u will all end up like the first poster. Dont waste ure money is my tip
    This! I don't see GW2 on the top tbh.

I'm pretty sure everyone has been saying that. Unless we are both reading different threads.

I'm not disappointed with the game but that's because I went in with realistic expectations. I really can't think of anything new that GW2 brought, but what it does bring is pretty polished. WvW is pretty much old AV (on a bigger scale obviously). Dynamic events are just...quests. :/ Kill x of this, gather x of this, kill x champion. It's cool and all that everyone can come join in but it doesn't make it feel any different imo. Skills are an improvement from GW1's system but I'm already used to it not only from GW1 but also the recently released Secret World. Exploration (finding the view spots in particular) is familiar from SWTOR. Etc etc.
    That is pretty much how I see it as well. The dynamic events aren't dynamic, they just repeat ever 10 minutes or so. I bought it Friday night on a whim because I was bored (bad idea) and have asked for a refund. There really isn't anything that it brings new to the table, all it is, is presented in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    Also I agree with the above post about the loading screens. Theres just too many. Also no mounts, you just use teleports all the time. That too me kills the "open world" part of a MMO.
    Unfortunately, that's just the limit of the current technology. GW2 servers have to handle much more load than traditional MMOs, hence the requirenment to run each map on a different physical server. And seamlessly moving a player from one server to another is a huge problem.

I'm pretty dissapointed in the combat. It feels far to limited to my liking.

Its the complete opposite of Tera, where i found the combat to be immersive, but it had nothing else to offer.

GW2 lacks this resource management.
    Whereas the Thief profession is the only one with some sort of resource management, the rest is all "Use on CD".
    The initiative system is actually fine, it serves as a barrier but not a limitation like cooldowns do.
    You actually have a choice between your abilities.
    Last edited by Powell; 2012-08-26 at 06:55 PM.

1 day. It's been just 1 FUCKING DAY!!!

Humans can't get satisfied with anything can they?

I wonder what all the wow doomsayers are thinking now.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2012-08-26 at 06:51 PM.

He seems to be a very passionate Guild Wars fun! He's been defending both Anet and the game itself from all negative feedback/critisism/insults, frequently using answers that do not, actually, qualify conversation.
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-08-26 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    1 day. It's been just 1 FUCKING DAY!!!

Humans can't get satisfied with anything can they?
    I don't see how time is relevant to deciding whether or not a person likes something or not. If there's something annoying or something you don't like, it usually pops out right away, and there.

Which is why my hype for this game died with the first beta, and I've been waiting for a thread like this to pop out since launch. Funny.

Deleted
    Yeah, game is fine as far as it goes but there just feels like theres something missing and it's loading screen after loading screen. For the life of me I can't understand why they don't have mounts as it would seem to go along with the cosmetic vanity thing they have going on, it's not as if it's to make us to walk to one destination to another as you just do that when you uncovering the waypoints and then it's insta-porting from the map screen. And everything just feels feels so zergy, but I'm sure that will drop off once I reach higher levels. It's a decent gaming experience, just not enough to get me all passionate and excited about it, but that might change I start playing about with different builds and explore the actual mechanics of the game.
    Last edited by mmoc6765cb3ae1; 2012-08-26 at 06:53 PM.

Deleted
    maybe he is our spokesman? :P
    Last edited by mmoc796f4edb2b; 2012-08-26 at 06:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    People always (and stupidly) over hype up big games their expecting right before relase. I don't know which is more is more silly, the fool who proclaims his game as being the bestest thing ever, or the fools who listen to him :/.
    The thing is that the first fool usually decides it's the "bestest thing ever" because, to him, it is. He plays the game, looks up info about it, likes what he sees, and gets excited.

The other guy is just listening to the first guy, and figures "Oh. It must be awesome. I obviously like everything that everybody else likes."
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't see how time is relevant to deciding whether or not a person likes something or not. If there's something annoying or something you don't like, it usually pops out right away, and there.

Which is why my hype for this game died with the first beta, and I've been waiting for a thread like this to pop out since launch. Funny.
    I'm not talking about the likeness of the game. I'm talking about this thread and every other thread like it. IMO it's too soon for these kind of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Yeah, game is fine as far as it goes but there just feels like theres something missing and it's loading screen after loading screen. For the life of me I can't understand why they don't have mounts as it would seem to go along with the cosmetic vanity thing they have going on, it's not as if it's to make us to walk to one destination to another as you just do that when you uncovering the waypoints and then it's insta-porting from the map screen. And everything just feels feels so zergy...
    Indeed!
    Also the annoying pop up window about overflowing server or zone or wtv. Sooo annoying, you get it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Oh please. 90% of the GW2 fan club's been acting like that.
    DrakeWurrum has been one of the head boys of the GW2 fan club. He's been averaging roughly 70 posts a day for weeks on these message board promoting the game. I find it quite disingenuous to try to deny what he and others are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    In GW2, I've completely ignored my level and just done the content, because the content... doesn't feel mindless or boring.
    Pretty much this. I am not worried about what level I am, I am just enjoying exploring and NOT knowing what is behind every rock and tree, or where the road I am on is going. It is refreshing.

It is also nice that I can stay in an area past the "normal" level range. The game will just downgrade my level and I can stay and keep exploring if I wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    DrakeWurrum has been one of the head boys of the GW2 fan club. He's been averaging roughly 70 posts a day for weeks on these message board promoting the game. I find it quite disingenuous to try to deny what he and others are doing.
    Instead of trying to blatantly and openly attack me, how about you remember all the things I've complained about? Specifically in regards to the story telling, and the tiered traits?