Page 50 of 112 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

It is called viral marketing
    Sort of like.... going onto the D3 forums here and defending the game tirelessly, going on the GW2 and MoP forums here and stating how the Pandaria expansion is years ahead of anything else out?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Sort of like.... going onto the D3 forums here and defending the game tirelessly, going on the GW2 and MoP forums here and stating how the Pandaria expansion is years ahead of anything else out?
    Viral marketeers don't defend games or in games techniques. They spread rumours like 4.5 million Aion players according to an unnamed source in Australia and they avoid discussions to not being uncovered.

A typical viral marketing person of NCSoft would never attack another game, he would just call it uninteresting and rather dull etc.

At the same time he would hype world vs world combat and avoid the term open world as much as possible to confuse things. Such post will never contain technical info, just some wild dreams like "awesome massive world vs world" fights

Because selling the dream is more important than telling something technical where sooner than later the limitations of these hyped things could be seen.

---
    I wonder which other company would get away with SELLING in retail an MMORPG for 65 Euros ... 6 months in advance .... Without an operational server ...

Tell me this isn't an underground orchestrated movement. We have seen it with L2, it was perfected in Aion and is even breath taking in GW2. You need to complement them for achieving the above.

A revolution in MMO design, world vs world massive combat ... While in reality your end product doesn't even have a real open world or a mount system. Comon features of MMO' S... AGES ... ago.

And yet they sell it as such through posters on forums. .
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-08-28 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted
    Can u orginize WvWvW in ur server ? (WvWvW=server vs server vs server)
    <<I mean this 2-week WvWvW willl be hosted in Sumaria (and stress their server as hell)>> ? :P
    Arenanet has said that u cant attack a person directly in the normal world ( we had some ppl in the past that said this is the kittenvillage for casuals)
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-28 at 12:47 AM.

Viral marketeers don't defend games or in games techniques. They spread rumours like 4.5 million Aion players according to an unnamed source in Australia and they avoid discussions to not being uncovered.

A typical viral marketing person of NCSoft would never attack another game, he would just call it uninteresting and rather dull etc.

At the same time he would hype world vs world combat and avoid the term open world as much as possible to confuse things.
    My favorite is how they constantly praise the game in very general terms, saying how its, "fun" "awesome" "i'm having a blast", but fail to ever get into specifics of what they actually enjoy about it. Its like a CS rep with canned answers for every question. I can think of several people on this forum who do this. Its been refreshing the last couple days to have some actual players with objective criticism of the game posting here.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    I wonder which other company would get away with SELLING in retail an MMORPG for 65 Euros ... 6 months in advance .... Without an operational server ...

Tell me this isn't an underground orchestrated movement.
    Mop ....
    U payed for 1 year contract on November , and i believe u started the Beta on May ?
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-28 at 12:44 AM.

Well i have been playing for the past 3 days and im having a blast questing. I also completed my first ever jumping puzzle which was pretty cool cuz i fell so many times and am generally bad at platforming. The only other MMO's i have played for more than a year are WoW and Maplestory. And i can say that i never like leveling toons in WoW but the events make it more interesting than the static zones other MMO's provide.

Just 2 hours ago i was in the norn starting zone and was about to log when i saw 2 npc's i had seen earlier in a building built into the side of a snow mound. Normally in a game you see patrolling NPC's and you just walk by them. But these 2 were having a conversation about a statue that frequently comes under attack. I followed them to the statue and boom an event starts.

Im pretty sure that most ppl that dont like the game just dont immerse themselves in the content they are playing. If you think about it GW2 has a truly active world that your not going to find in any other MMO.

This is still the best Questing system of any MMO. If you dont like questing then your not going to like the game. But then your not going to like all MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    It's the first game in a while that I've lost track of time in.
    Maybe not first game for me, but first in a long time.
    I just quit my gaming session cuz its almost 3 am - just noticed.
    Ah well lv51.

At the same time he would hype world vs world combat and avoid the term open world as much as possible to confuse things. Such post will never contain technical info, just some wild dreams like "awesome massive world vs world" fights

Because selling the dream is more important than telling something technical where sooner than later the limitations of these hyped things could be seen.

---

Tell me this isn't an underground orchestrated movement. We have seen it with L2, it was perfected in Aion and is even breath taking in GW2. You need to complement them for achieving the above.

A revolution in MMO design, world vs world massive combat ... While in reality your end product doesn't even have a real open world or a mount system. Comon features of MMO' S... AGES ... ago.

And yet they sell it as such through posters on forums. .
    Do you no the difference between Publisher and Developer? Apparently not from the crap you're spewing with your shit conspiracy theories. ArenaNet made the game and NCsoft is just the publisher. I really pity people like you who just make wild assumptions with nothing to back up your claims.

(Why is this thread even open anymore?)

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    My favorite is how they constantly praise the game in very general terms, saying how its, "fun" "awesome" "i'm having a blast", but fail to ever get into specifics of what they actually enjoy about it. Its like a CS rep with canned answers for every question. I can think of several people on this forum who do this. Its been refreshing the last couple days to have some actual players with objective criticism of the game posting here.
    Exactly. That's the difference with a fan. He will try to give technical info and how certain game techniques are used.

The viral marketeer will only use meaningless words like fun, awesome, blast. These words let you "dream" and so you create hype.

For anyone seriously interested, go look up that loke999 guy on mmorpg. His post is like : "GW is the best mmo I have played inn10 years, so much fun in world vs world combat. Just awesome."

But you will never find some deeper analysis or technical info, since selling the general dream is more important.

Even as we speak there are people who believe that thousands of people can play in world vs world "open world pvp" due to selling this dreaming technique.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 12:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Do you no the difference between Publisher and Developer? Apparently not from the crap you're spewing with your shit conspiracy theories. ArenaNet made the game and NCsoft is just the publisher. I really pity people like you who just make wild assumptions with nothing to back up your claims.

(Why is this thread even open anymore?)
    NCSoft is the publisher. The publisher is the distributor and responsible for the marketing, pr and selling of the game.

As an example: remember the "7 million players" on the boxes of GW1.

Well the 7 million were the copies sold of ALL gw1 products combined (expansions included). So in fact it showed the significance of the marketing of NCSoft quite clear. I could cite the famous 4.5 million player rumour of Aion etc...

But I think you get the picture everyone can see.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-08-28 at 12:53 AM.

BenBos: Tireless internet crusader against all evil corporations attempting to ply their wares.

BE WARY YE NAIVE CURS! THE KOREANS BE TRYIN' TO SELL YOU FOOLS GOLD!
    Last edited by Grraarrgghh; 2012-08-28 at 01:01 AM.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    We are arguing about loke999 guy on mmorpg ?
    While Arenanet have stated that u cant kill any1 in the normal worlds ?

What about WoW community managers ?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...73?page=22#425
    <<Yes, world bosses will be available on day 1. Oh, the days of trying to down Azuregos. September 25 is going to be epic! =D>>

So it seems <<Even as we speak there are people who believe that thousands of people ''world bosses will be epiq'' , due to selling this dreaming technique.>>
    If u dont like the game (and u are here 4 months now...) its ok , but dont go to the conspirancy game
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-28 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Link to where they claimed there was 7 million players, because I never saw that ANet always counted in box sales which is the only way that makes sense.
    It was PRINTED on the compendium boxes of GW 1 !

In big bold red characters even. Btw NCSoft is the publisher, Anet only the maker of the game.

As for the famous 4.5 million players of aion: just do a search on google.

You will see it was so called an anonymous spokesman of NCSoft Australia (sic) ...

All little trics and easy traced. Just browse forums.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-08-28 at 01:11 AM.

Exactly. That's the difference with a fan. He will try to give technical info and how certain game techniques are used.

The viral marketeer will only use meaningless words like fun, awesome, blast. These words let you "dream" and so you create hype.

For anyone seriously interested, go look up that loke999 guy on mmorpg. His post is like : "GW is the best mmo I have played inn10 years, so much fun in world vs world combat. Just awesome."

But you will never find some deeper analysis or technical info, since selling the general dream is more important.

Even as we speak there are people who believe that thousands of people can play in world vs world "open world pvp" due to selling this dreaming technique.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 12:59 AM ----------

NCSoft is the publisher. The publisher is the distributor and responsible for the marketing, pr and selling of the game.

As an example: remember the "7 million players" on the boxes of GW1.

Well the 7 million were the copies sold of ALL gw1 products combined (expansions included). So in fact it showed the significance of the marketing of NCSoft quite clear. I could cite the famous 4.5 million player rumour of Aion etc...

But I think you get the picture everyone can see.
    The viral marketeer is almost as bad as the undercover Blizzard employee who's sole job is to enter game sites and forums and piss in everyone's Cheerios to attempt damage control on a bleeding 7 year old corpse. They rarely ever actually play the game they're attempting to de-hype and use comparisons that either don't exist or aren't even relevant to try to make WoW look better. They fall back on tried and try arguments such as WoW's "tight, responsive feel" and lack of many loading screens, but leave out the glaringly obvious reasons for that such as the fact the game looks like it came out of 1996 on the N64.

Their job becomes increasingly more difficult when the new game they're tasked with de-hyping is actually pretty good. Slandering it cause of it's lack of mounts or 40 something useless abilities that mostly go unused in raids and just take up screen real estate with all the other hand holding addons. Or the lack of a "sound effect" from GW2 achievements popping up. You can see them really grasping at straws to de-hype GW2 but that's why they're on the Blizzard payroll so they press on anyway. Very annoying. Definitely up there with the viral marketeers I agree.

Deleted
    Id like to know what people think about fight to survive in pvp? For me it totally ruins the experience i think it is such a poor decision to have included it. So thats pvp rules out for me personally leaving pve which is just dull and nothing new.
    Other than that the game seems to be about nothing more than zerging around i get the feeling the game designers had the Theosophy of whoever brings the biggest group wins and you can forget any other factor such as skill.
    But back to fight to survive by adding this into pvp they removed the possibility for a higher skilled player to be able to win say vs 2 average players as every time you down one of them the other guy just has to knock you away and his mate gets up... i mean really come on...[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmoc3262384877; 2012-08-28 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm well aware of the roles of the companies don't need a lecture (I don't care about NCSoft)

Still feel free to post a link to the claimed 7 million players because I cant find it, not even sure what you mean by compendium do you mean the trilogy?

Alsio why do you keep posting in this thread for no apparent reason, it seems to me you are just reveling in the negativity against NCSoft/ANet/GW.
    I am intrigued by this marketing.

I first reacted to someone who was surprised GW2 was advertised as a revolution, so I explained how such a hype is created by non official means (and some other marketing)

I mean ... You HAVE to stand in awe ... They could hype a game so much that THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS would pay 65 Euros 6 months up front before a server was even available at ... One weekend per month !

I mean in a time and place where companies are killed for even having an on line game only, selling retail of a product that is not even launched for 6 months long without a server in sight is quite impressive.

Now I wouldn't push my luck too far as some already are attacking the messenger, but I wonder, what exactly is it that makes these NCSoft products so much supported in todays markets ? At least ... At launch (like aion, lineage, gw2...).

Pretty clear it is their huge back up on internet support.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-08-28 at 01:30 AM.

Well I'm having a blast with the game, my only disappointment is that school starts in a week.

15+ Year Old Account
    There sure are a lot of people bashing GW2 in this here thread. You know, the EQ fanboys bashed WoW a lot when it was young. Look at it now.

Your hate sustains us.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For a minute there I thought this was about the game, not about corporate and marketing policies of ANet or various other video game companies.

Protip: They all have their hands dirty in some regard...playing with the numbers, vague double-speak, etc.

I think that is one of the big problems with "Hype". People's imaginations tend to sore and when the game is not everything they thought it would be.. well you know the rest. Happened to Rift, Aion, and SWTOR. Lets just hod the same damage isn't done to this game like it was to those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toroc View Post
    I think that is one of the big problems with "Hype". People's imaginations tend to sore and when the game is not everything they thought it would be.. well you know the rest. Happened to Rift, Aion, and SWTOR. Lets just hod the same damage isn't done to this game like it was to those.
    it has already started. tons of threads are starting to pop up as well as youtube videos about it. wait for another month or two to really see the effect of it.

i really don't see what all the fuss about this game was about because i can't see it. unresponsive and restrictive combat system was the deal breaker for me. i'm sorry but i can't see what's new and "revolutionary" about this game. to me gw2 is just another (boring) mmo that brings nothing new to the table.

won't be long until we'll be seeing hype threads about EQ NEXT pop up.