Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 39 of 117 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Where the F has the necron and spacemarine megaforce gone..?
    Casual, with a capital''C''.
    Pokemon FC: 1993-8365-9328
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    If Games workshop ever advanced the story there still might be peace, that or the end of Humanity and wargaming as we know it.
    Or you know Chaos could consume the Imperium and then there would be... Chaos.... errr...
    FC: 2251-6711-5951

Prophet 60091, this is the flight number of our galactic sun

If Games workshop ever advanced the story there still might be peace, that or the end of Humanity and wargaming as we know it.
    if the Warhammer 50k fanfic I read is anything to go by, its only worse from here on in.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The lack of education is really what seals it I think. One of the troopers in one of the Gaunts Ghosts novels explains it best, Chaos doesn't corrupt inherently, it just allows out the parts of us that are already there, locked away, and brings them to the fore. Most regular citizens in the Imperium wouldn't realise they'd been corrupted until it was far too late for them.
    True, just think of all those people that enjoy going to nightclubs or music festivals for example, Perfect Slaanesh cultists. Same goes for Boxing or martials arts fans, for Khorne. Tzeentch would be the conspiracy theorists, theres plenty of those on the internet.

Fuck knows who would follow Nurgle though, not sure I want to know........

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 11:07 PM ----------

if the Warhammer 50k fanfic I read is anything to go by, its only worse from here on in.
    'eh? Where can I find this stuff? Any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    GW doesn't carry Megaforces anymore AFAIK. You're going to have to use the battleforces

It's apparantly an x-mas thing... MY local store has one...
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

Hmmm... That's interesting GW added a ton of stuff in the army essential tabs

True, just think of all those people that enjoy going to nightclubs or music festivals for example, Perfect Slaanesh cultists. Same goes for Boxing or martials arts fans, for Khorne. Tzeentch would be the conspiracy theorists, theres plenty of those on the internet.

Fuck knows who would follow Nurgle though, not sure I want to know........

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 11:07 PM ----------

'eh? Where can I find this stuff? Any good?
    http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51806

It's not bad actually, I had a decent time reading it anyway, but be warned, Warhammer 50k is far and away worse than Warhammer 40k.

Nurgle worshippers would be, I imagine, the heartbroken, the lonely, the depressed, they seem to be the type to embrace Nurgles "love" no matter how damaging it would be.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51806

It's not bad actually, I had a decent time reading it anyway, but be warned, Warhammer 50k is far and away worse than Warhammer 40k.

Nurgle worshippers would be, I imagine, the heartbroken, the lonely, the depressed, they seem to be the type to embrace Nurgles "love" no matter how damaging it would be.
    Bronies and emo's then?
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.

Bronies and emo's then?
    Pretty much, and those affected by the horrendous debilitating plagues he spreads about as well, they seem to be the ones who convert the most, in there pain and madness they reach out for the only thing that can save them, and in doing so damn themselves.
    Last edited by Helden; 2013-02-01 at 11:18 PM.

Pretty much, and those affected by the horrendous debilitating plagues he spreads about as well, they seem to be the ones who convert the most, in there pain and madness they reach out for the only thing that can save them, and it doing so damn themselves.
    Yup, sounds like bronies alright.

"... Abaddon and his 78th Crusade, plunged into the solar system" this made me chuckle, apparantly he has failed 65 untill he finally managed...
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    They're still up on the aussie website.

Ahh, limited stock, that's probably why. $400 bucks a pop :/
    Last edited by Hattai; 2013-02-02 at 12:16 AM.

HOLY CRAP! In Warcraft 3, if you click the Gryphon Rider enough he says "This warhammer costs 40k hehe". It made me chuckle :3

I've got a nice Decent sized Iron warriors army. Been on a long hiatus. I've seen the new chaos models, seem alright not had chance to get the codex or rulebook yet, but i will in time. I'd like to start another army some time, but having a hard time between space wolves, dark angels or grey knights. Space wolves for their fluff. dark anges for their fluff. Grey knights because -]I[- (inquisition).

Iron within, Iron without.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

No obliterators for you:P

So I read the 50K and 60K stuff. It's ok, not the ending I would have like but makes sense for the most part. I feel that it's pretty close to what GW would do if they continued the story.

Bronies and emo's then?
    Bronies have our own Chaos god (as vouched for by Jean-Luc Picard).

Got this from the funny picture megathread:

The lack of education is really what seals it I think. One of the troopers in one of the Gaunts Ghosts novels explains it best, Chaos doesn't corrupt inherently, it just allows out the parts of us that are already there, locked away, and brings them to the fore. Most regular citizens in the Imperium wouldn't realise they'd been corrupted until it was far too late for them.
    That's exactly it. The four gods of Chaos aren't intrinsically evil, they just represent the human (and Eldar, Ork and other sentient species connected to the warp's) psyche superbly. Violence, pleasure, sickness and a desire for knowledge are cornerstones of human behaviour. The Imperium really does try to control all those drives to stop Chaos, but it leads people easily down dodgy paths.

If the Imperium was "educated" enough, it'd face another in a long line of civil wars and break it up, causing the eventual extinction of humanity (if it isn't already heading that way.)

It's why I like the Tau story - not connected to the warp, they can truly develop without those baser urges.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.