Thread: Warhammer 40K

Page 38 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No obliterators for you:P

10+ Year Old Account
    So I read the 50K and 60K stuff. It's ok, not the ending I would have like but makes sense for the most part. I feel that it's pretty close to what GW would do if they continued the story.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Bronies and emo's then?
    Bronies have our own Chaos god (as vouched for by Jean-Luc Picard).

10+ Year Old Account
    Got this from the funny picture megathread:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The lack of education is really what seals it I think. One of the troopers in one of the Gaunts Ghosts novels explains it best, Chaos doesn't corrupt inherently, it just allows out the parts of us that are already there, locked away, and brings them to the fore. Most regular citizens in the Imperium wouldn't realise they'd been corrupted until it was far too late for them.
    That's exactly it. The four gods of Chaos aren't intrinsically evil, they just represent the human (and Eldar, Ork and other sentient species connected to the warp's) psyche superbly. Violence, pleasure, sickness and a desire for knowledge are cornerstones of human behaviour. The Imperium really does try to control all those drives to stop Chaos, but it leads people easily down dodgy paths.

If the Imperium was "educated" enough, it'd face another in a long line of civil wars and break it up, causing the eventual extinction of humanity (if it isn't already heading that way.)

It's why I like the Tau story - not connected to the warp, they can truly develop without those baser urges.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

The Tau are set up for a big shock, dont understand warp travel or the perils of the warp. They will make a tasty morsel to any chaos god.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    The Tau are set up for a big shock, dont understand warp travel or the perils of the warp. They will make a tasty morsel to any chaos god.
    They also have no warp signature though. What value are they to Chaos? If anything, they're the perfect threat to Chaos?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    They also have no warp signature though. What value are they to Chaos? If anything, they're the perfect threat to Chaos?
    Eventually they will want to travel further distances, they are all ready curious about the warp. They are a virgin species to chaos, all it takes is for the psyker mutation to manifest.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    The Terminus Decree - Deep within the Chambers of Purity in the Grey Knights' fortress-monastery, locked away in the chamber said to hold the tomb of Malcador the Sigillite himself, rests a simple wooden box, embellished with a golden seal. Within this box, written upon ancient parchment, is the instruction known only as the Terminus Decree. This artefact goes unrecorded in all the libraries of the Imperium, for it has been kept secret from all but the Supreme Grand Masters of the Grey Knights Chapter. Only a Supreme Grand Master of the Grey Knights knows how to open the box, and he will do so only when all hope for the future of humanity seems lost. The Terminus Decree is the ultimate sanction of the Grey Knights, a secret so vast it could bring the Imperium to its knees, or save it in its darkest hour. The exact nature of the document is unknown, and the only clue to its contents lies in the box's golden seal. It is whispered that it is the exact match of another seal, found only in one place in all the Imperium's many scattered worlds: the Emperor's Golden Throne.

From the grey knight chapter page on the wiki.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    The Terminus Decree - Deep within the Chambers of Purity in the Grey Knights' fortress-monastery, locked away in the chamber said to hold the tomb of Malcador the Sigillite himself, rests a simple wooden box, embellished with a golden seal. Within this box, written upon ancient parchment, is the instruction known only as the Terminus Decree. This artefact goes unrecorded in all the libraries of the Imperium, for it has been kept secret from all but the Supreme Grand Masters of the Grey Knights Chapter. Only a Supreme Grand Master of the Grey Knights knows how to open the box, and he will do so only when all hope for the future of humanity seems lost. The Terminus Decree is the ultimate sanction of the Grey Knights, a secret so vast it could bring the Imperium to its knees, or save it in its darkest hour. The exact nature of the document is unknown, and the only clue to its contents lies in the box's golden seal. It is whispered that it is the exact match of another seal, found only in one place in all the Imperium's many scattered worlds: the Emperor's Golden Throne.

From the grey knight chapter page on the wiki.
    I hope they had psychic powers to protect that document, because after 10 000 years in a wooden box, it's secrets may be lost forever...

blood raven need i say more they are the first ones in and the last ones out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelmandan View Post
    blood raven need i say more they are the first ones in and the last ones out!
    Most corrupted "loyal" chapter too, it is rumoured that their history is lost because they are an offshoot of The Thousand Sons, this would explain their usually high amount of Librarians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    How can you NOT worship nurgle, he's the the broest of the dark gods.

snip
    Wut? I don't...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    He's the sanest of the chaos gods.

I'll rather hang with a smelly neckbeard than with a sexual offender, a nerd with an OCD or a murderer with anger issues.
    I hang out with the last 3 everyday at work, we are not allowed beard or to be smelly though.

I've been doing my nut in, trying to think of an army to paint as a " Prize army" perhaps go for a Golden Demon. Bah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I've been doing my nut in, trying to think of an army to paint as a " Prize army" perhaps go for a Golden Demon. Bah.
    Are you really that good? Golden Demon winners are on a whole different level to 99.9% of us. Care to post an example?

Are you really that good? Golden Demon winners are on a whole different level to 99.9% of us. Care to post an example?
    I've seen a golden demon in my local store. They're equally skilled as I am tops. I can't bring any prime examples, as I haven't given the time on any particular figure.
    Last edited by Omnoms; 2013-02-02 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    I can never see why anyone would willingly side with Chaos,

maybe a few dozen will ever reach Daemonhood, the rest will be tortured in hell for all eternity.
    Why the fuck would you volunteer for this shit?
    The road to damnation is paved with good intentions. Depending on the fluff, Horus did get a vision of the future that the Emperor will be a soul-eating monstrosity and he is desperate trying to stop that future to happen and ally himself with Chaos and get corrupted. The mortal wound Horus inflict on the Emperor is then the cause that the Emperor is a soul-eating monstrosity or the Golden throne need souls to keep him "alive"

Magnus the red was loyal but he did not have the resolve to have is legion and himself killed by the space wolf so he acetate help from chaos.

If we take normal "mortals" the world of 40k is very dark and very inhumane, if your life is already a living hell you do not have much to lose.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I've seen a golden demon in my local store. They're equally skilled as I am tops. I can't bring any prime examples, as I haven't given the time on any particular figure.
    lol I am as good as them... but I do not have the will to do it... then you lack the will and is not as good as them who have the will to complete a golden demon painting.
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2013-02-02 at 06:56 PM.

Really recommend the Horus Herasy audio books, i lose my way so easy when reading but these audiobooks is really nice. Im on The Flight of the Eisenstein atm, the guy talking is really dedicated lol screaming and stuff.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted
    Magnus is a poor guy he has some serious daddy issues after reading the A thousand sons novel.