Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    To be fair, that just means other people are bad, not that it isn't easy to do :s? Anyone can play a class "exceptionally" if they wanted to put the time in to learn it, or just naturally have the ability to play anything well.

In any case, tanking firelands HC on my Blood Dk for a boost run, I didn't really notice much of a difference.
    I was ill and in bed all day : <

I wouldn't really expect DK to see much difference at all tbh, probably a reduction in damage taken
    As for shield tanks, depending on how they use their abilities they will see an increased damage intake, especially in terms of spikes due to the loss of being able to achieve 102.4% CTC, but since the damage is a joke anyway, "Let them eat cake"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    My baby lock got into her first LFR yesterday, and we wiped about 4 times on Morchok. And no, it wasn't cuz LFRtards, the stomp was actually killing us. Took off a huge chunk of hp that I never noticed before.

It might as well be the no resistance thing, I had never ever wiped on Morchok on LFR before.

That said, this thread isn't surprising. I don't think it's the players, our group noticed it too. Haven't been in non-lfr version this week yet so I can't really back up my claims, but that stomp was killing off half our raid YES, WE DID STACK TO SPREAD THE DMG D:<
    Seeing as Stomp is physical, and was not affected by resistance anyway. That would be impressive to say the least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Seeing as Stomp is physical, and was not affected by resistance anyway. That would be impressive to say the least.
    People have been tanking the two stomping together since 20%

To be fair, that just means other people are bad, not that it isn't easy to do :s? Anyone can play a class "exceptionally" if they wanted to put the time in to learn it, or just naturally have the ability to play anything well.
    that is just not true. you both being in the same guild, killing dw at 5% is not an average wow player. as your sig so points out you're in the top .1% of players.
    Last edited by bals; 2012-08-31 at 01:56 PM.

any average player can look up their class and min/max their fights. its not the same as being an olympic athletist where physical ability plays a role.
    i went from 52k dps to 55k dps in 1 week on heroic ultrax (pre 5.0.4) just because i learned how to push out more, and im not even a top player.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    that is just not true. you both being in the same guild, killing dw at 5% is not an average wow player. as your sig so points out you're in the top .1% of players.
    What does us being in the same guild have to do with anything :<?
    My point was, if you decide to actually spend time researching your class and playing properly, ANYONE can easily push out the same numbers as we are doing. There's nothing that stops other people from doing it, short of some kind of handicap that makes you unable to click your buttons in the same order as we do.
    That 99.9% of the players in WoW decides that spending an hour every other week to tune their characters and make sure they're up to date on everything is too much effort, is just pure stupidity on their part. Not lack of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    The damage was changed somewhere. The stomp in LFR is devastating and hitting people down to 10-30% depending how geared they are. It use to hit people down to 60% at max.

Deleted
    My point was, if you decide to actually spend time researching your class and playing properly, ANYONE can easily push out the same numbers as we are doing. There's nothing that stops other people from doing it, short of some kind of handicap that makes you unable to click your buttons in the same order as we do.
    That 99.9% of the players in WoW decides that spending an hour every other week to tune their characters and make sure they're up to date on everything is too much effort, is just pure stupidity on their part. Not lack of skill.
    You do realize that 10 mans have quite often not all raid buffs right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    You do realize that 10 mans have quite often not all raid buffs right?
    Kinda moot point nowadays since they trivialized most buffs. It'd be really weird set-up now if you are missing something. Only thing I can think of is spellhaste being a tad rare (3 specs only) and I doubt that affects tank dps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    My baby lock got into her first LFR yesterday, and we wiped about 4 times on Morchok. And no, it wasn't cuz LFRtards, the stomp was actually killing us. Took off a huge chunk of hp that I never noticed before.

It might as well be the no resistance thing, I had never ever wiped on Morchok on LFR before.

That said, this thread isn't surprising. I don't think it's the players, our group noticed it too. Haven't been in non-lfr version this week yet so I can't really back up my claims, but that stomp was killing off half our raid YES, WE DID STACK TO SPREAD THE DMG D:<
    I saw this in LFR too - Morchok's stomp damage in LFR was massively stealth buffed somehow and would almost kill the entire raid with everyone stacked up.

Didn't see any difference in the actual raid though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Kinda moot point nowadays since they trivialized most buffs. It'd be really weird set-up now if you are missing something. Only thing I can think of is spellhaste being a tad rare (3 specs only) and I doubt that affects tank dps a lot.
    yeah, you're right i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcis View Post
    How you guys handle dispells on Zon'ozz and Hagara with new dispell cooldowns in 10mans?
    Well I was actually worried about that (I'm the RL) but we got lightning phase first. We did lightning phase as usual and then killed her before frost haha. I was relieved, but I still have no idea what to do with frost phase lol

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    I saw this in LFR too - Morchok's stomp damage in LFR was massively stealth buffed somehow and would almost kill the entire raid with everyone stacked up.

Didn't see any difference in the actual raid though.
    Which is strange, becuause it was actually nerfed by 100k damage, not buffed haha

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 02:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Gurthalak being slightly broken probably played a part in that as well. Tentacles can spawn from everything you do. For example diseases as a DK, popping whatever the 1,5min CD AoE disease spreading thingy is called or spamming Blood Boil.

Vengeance spikes up pretty high after Impales, and for DKs Gurthalak is proccing way too much.

For example my terribly geared DK spiked up to ~60k during BL/Army on Ultraxion and levelled out at 30k DPS or so.
    Yeah tank damage is retarded right now, from the 1 raid I've done haha. Our DK did almost 50k DPS on our Ultraxion kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Well I was actually worried about that (I'm the RL) but we got lightning phase first. We did lightning phase as usual and then killed her before frost haha. I was relieved, but I still have no idea what to do with frost phase lol

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 02:34 AM ----------

Which is strange, becuause it was actually nerfed by 100k damage, not buffed haha

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 02:38 AM ----------

Yeah tank damage is retarded right now, from the 1 raid I've done haha. Our DK did almost 50k DPS on our Ultraxion kill.
    Thats really low DPS for a DK tank on ultraxion as you could do that fairly easily prepatch given the uptime you can have on DRW, now your average DK should be pulling atleast 70k

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Our tanks noticed they were taking extra damage after the patch, both in BIS gear - prot warrior / feral. Also prot warrior damage is out of control :<.
    Tanks are alot squishier after the patch.

This is a silly statement. There is more to being an exceptional or even a good player then just having the right spec, the right stats, and "clicking your buttons in the same order". Some people, in spite of doing all that you recommend will never be really good. Of it will take them a disproportionately long time to get to that point. Why? Because they just don't process and handle information as well or as quickly as someone who is really good at this game does.

They might not fully grasp how positioning at all phases of an encounter can really increase their DPS. They might not have a raid comp that provides the same buffs/debuffs/CD's as someone who parses really really well. They may not grasp how best to take advantage of their personal CD's/abilities and synergize them with encounter states like burn/vulnerable phases as well as raid CD's.

This game is a lot more complicated then just having the right stats and pushing the buttons in the right order. Understanding all the "under the hood" stuff is what sets apart the good from the great.

You may not realize it, but apparently you get this aspect of the game without even noticing it. For others, it's either a major struggle they can overcome with time, or something they will never overcome. Average is average for a reason - there are more of them.

Thats your opinion. If you sit back and think about it, what is more likely?
    1) That 99.9% ie 999/1000 players are lazy or stupid, or
    2) That you and your guildies have some inherent attributes that make you somehow better than other people at the game.

I'll go with option 2. I think your insinuation that people are lazy / stupid is pretty insulting. "Not as good" doesn't imply those things at all.

Deleted
    People who are good at games (FPS/RTS) almost always good in WoW PvE as well because it is so easy. And yes everyone can reach the "top 0.1" if they wanted to. The game is not hard at all.

1) That 99.9% ie 999/1000 players are lazy or stupid,
    Is the correct answer. If you look at averge guild (by your definition not in the top 1%) they just have almost no clue what they are doing or are supposed to do. And it has almost nothing to do with laziness as top raiding guilds spend a lot less time raiding and playing in general than any 3-5 raids/week guild, aside the initial WF race.

Deleted

In any case, tanking firelands HC on my Blood Dk for a boost run, I didn't really notice much of a difference.
    You are right, people who play exceptionally well are completely normal and therefore worthless.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Thats your opinion. If you sit back and think about it, what is more likely?
    1) That 99.9% ie 999/1000 players are lazy or stupid, or
    2) That you and your guildies have some inherent attributes that make you somehow better than other people at the game.

I'll go with option 2. I think your insinuation that people are lazy / stupid is pretty insulting. "Not as good" doesn't imply those things at all.
    This attitude tickles me, it really does.

If it's true that anyone can perform amazingly, then it's not amazing, is it? And therefore all the prestige and hardmode raiding is worthless - because anyone can do it!

They just choose not to play incredibly well, even though they might play 20 hours a week. They choose to fail. Can't you see???

Deleted
    Didnt notice anything on any fights after the patch myself apart from our dk tank doing insane damage^^ , then again he did wear dps gear through the whole place on heroic apart from madness heroic

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Thats really low DPS for a DK tank on ultraxion as you could do that fairly easily prepatch given the uptime you can have on DRW, now your average DK should be pulling atleast 70k
    That's a very interesting definition of "fairly easily" since there's only one parse (pre 5.0) from 25HC and 16 from 10HC of a blood DK doing more than 50k dps. Doing as "little" as 31k in a 25-man gets you ranked in the world top 200 (41k+ for 10-mans).