Poll: Do you support George W Bush?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    You are strong unaware.

The middle east is neither better off without Saddam nor was that the reason for the invasion. Tell me, what did Saddam do different in 1990 than before 1990 that warranted attacking him? What did he do in 2003 that warranted attacking him again? Why only him and none of the other dictatorships down there?
    Although most of Hussein's large-scale atrocities took place during the 1980s and early 1990s, his tenure was also characterized by day-to-day atrocities that attracted less notice. Wartime rhetoric regarding Hussein's "rape rooms," death by torture, decisions to slaughter the children of political enemies, and the casual machine-gunning of peaceful protesters accurately reflected the day-to-day policies of Saddam Hussein's regime. Hussein was no misunderstood despotic "madman." He was a monster, a butcher, a brutal tyrant, a genocidal racist--he was all of this, and more.
    Also the war was warranted per our agreement with Iraq.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat relevant, but just a slight acknowledgement to the 11th anniversary of 9/11 now. Already been that long, jeez I am getting old.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Also the war was warranted per our agreement with Iraq.
    Thanks for adressing exactly none of my points.

Thanks for adressing exactly none of my points.
    So I guess you missed the quote? Your point seemed to be nothing happened in the 90s when stuff did which I posted a quote addressing that point. You chose to ignore it, quote part of my sentence, and then go on to say I never addressed your point. What the fuck are you doing?

So I guess you missed the quote? Your point seemed to be nothing happened in the 90s when stuff did which I posted a quote addressing that point. You chose to ignore it, quote part of my sentence, and then go on to say I never addressed your point. What the fuck are you doing?
    Did you read what I said? Name specifically what he did different in 1990, than for example in 1985?

Did you read what I said? Name specifically what he did different in 1990, than for example in 1985?
    So if nothing big happened but hundreds of thousands were routinely killed over the years using torture and baseless killings, it would be nothing to bad?

So if nothing big happened but hundreds of thousands were routinely killed over the years using torture and baseless killings, it would be nothing to bad?
    Explains why you were big buddies with Saddam untill 1988. And you supported him with weapons during 1980-1988. Also explains why you acted against all those other opressive dictators in the area.

Not sure if you are even reading or just typing and posting things blindly.

If this was the case, which it isn't, would be been okay to say "it's okay, nothing major happened in the 90s so let's let him be" never mind amputating people, branding people, and killing people for petty theft.

In 2002, a resolution sponsored by the European Union was adopted by the Commission for Human Rights, which stated that there had been no improvement in the human rights crisis in Iraq. The statement condemned President Saddam Hussein's government for its "systematic, widespread and extremely grave violations of human rights and international humanitarian law". The resolution demanded that Iraq immediately put an end to its "summary and arbitrary executions... the use of rape as a political tool and all enforced and involuntary disappearances"

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 09:01 AM ----------

Explains why you were big buddies with Saddam untill 1988. And you supported him with weapons during 1980-1988. Also explains why you acted against all those other opressive dictators in the area.

Not sure if you are even reading or just typing and posting things blindly.
    I am fully aware of that? Do you think most Americans agree with that?!

If this was the case, which it isn't, would be been okay to say "it's okay, nothing major happened in the 90s so let's let him be" never mind amputating people, branding people, and killing people for petty theft.

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 09:01 AM ----------

I am fully aware of that? Do you think most Americans agree with that?!

*Gives Saddam weapons*

But most of us didn't support him!

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    *Gives Saddam weapons*

Just give up man, i'm not even going to discuss anything with him anymore. No point.

*Gives Saddam weapons*

Right because our government always reflect what we want, just how most Americans didn't want the iraq war or the prolonged stay and yet it kept happening.

It's foolish to believe because our government supported Saddam at one point that Americans did too.

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 09:19 AM ----------

Just give up man, i'm not even going to discuss anything with him anymore. No point.
    You say a few meaningless things mostly that Saddam probably didn't do anything in the 90s yet the EU found him to be violating human rights with his rape rooms torture and amputating, but I guess that's nothing to you. I point that out and now it's me whose so difficult to talk to lmao.

Right because our government always reflect what we want, just how most Americans didn't want the iraq war or the prolonged stay and yet it kept happening.

It's foolish to believe because our government supported Saddam at one point that Americans did too.

The US government represents the people it governs, isn't that one of the things that is supposed to make the our country so great?

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 09:19 AM ----------

You say a few meaningless things mostly that Saddam probably didn't do anything in the 90s yet the EU found him to be violating human rights with his rape rooms torture and amputating, but I guess that's nothing to you. I point that out and now it's me whose so difficult to talk to lmao.
    Not once have I said that Saddam probably didn't do anything in the 90's. I'm saying he has been a brutal dictator ever since he came into power yet you supported him untill he attacked one of your allies (Kuweit, which is also led by a dictator who is just as bad as Saddam fyi). You supported him when he commited horrible war crimes in Iran, you supported him when he gassed Kurds.

When he attacked Kuweit he did not do anything different than before 1988. Not a single thing. The only difference was that you were allied with Kuweit because you need their oil.

Deleted
    George W Bush should be tried in Den Haag for warcrimes.
    Great, one of these foam-mouthed fanatics again.

The US government represents the people it governs, isn't that one of the things that is supposed to make the our country so great?
    We elect people to govern doesn't mean to govern how we though they would now does it?

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 12:03 PM ----------

Not once have I said that Saddam probably didn't do anything in the 90's. I'm saying he has been a brutal dictator ever since he came into power yet you supported him untill he attacked one of your allies (Kuweit, which is also led by a dictator who is just as bad as Saddam fyi). You supported him when he commited horrible war crimes in Iran, you supported him when he gassed Kurds.

When he attacked Kuweit he did not do anything different than before 1988. Not a single thing. The only difference was that you were allied with Kuweit because you need their oil.
    I didn't support shit, the American didn't populace support it. Refer to my what do you think about America thread. You will find many people Americans and non Americans like the people but not the decision the governments make.

10+ Year Old Account
    We elect people to govern doesn't mean to govern how we though they would now does it?
    To be fair, you would think we would start electing people from other parties after so much disenfranchisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    To be fair, you would think we would start electing people from other parties after so much disenfranchisement.
    You would think but people just don't know whether to pick dem or rep they don't even care about the others. When both dem and rep are bad they concede with the lesser evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really know much about American politics so can't comment on his policies or any of that. The only thing I'll remember about him is that he's not a very good public speaker for a president, and often made mistakes well speaking. Which is brilliant because it allowed for the bushisms to pop up. Only U.S President I've seen with posters of his quotes being sold in New Zealand and Australia. So, there's an accomplishment.

Deleted
    Im not from the US and disagreed with hes politics. No idea how he even got voted. Invading Iraq was based on a lie, there were no weapons of mass destruction there, it caused a lot of civilian casualties and Iraq is not better off now than it was before.

Deleted
    Possibly the worst American president in history, It's scary to think he actually got voted back in.

He's pretty much remembered as being a clown by Europeans, pretty much a representation of the modern day Republicans: Incompetent and a Laughing stock.

Republicans should really pick their Candidates better.. I mean you haven't had a 'good' Republican president since Eisenhower, 50 years ago.