I signed up for the newsletter 4 times with 4 email accounts. I better get that damn closed beta invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Vogyn View Post
    I signed up for the newsletter 4 times with 4 email accounts. I better get that damn closed beta invite.
    They said on the live stream that if you signed up you are pretty much getting into beta.

I guess destroyer is out for me. I love berserker in TERA but the 2 can't compare besides the axe. Maybe I'm just not looking at destroyer enough.

Also rumor is (they showed something in the background of livestream) lyn blademaster is going to be available at launch. So summoner.. lyn master or kung fu master... blah
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They said on the live stream that if you signed up you are pretty much getting into beta.

I guess destroyer is out for me. I love berserker in TERA but the 2 can't compare besides the axe. Maybe I'm just not looking at destroyer enough.

Also rumor is (they showed something in the background of livestream) lyn blademaster is going to be available at launch. So summoner.. lyn master or kung fu master... blah
    I had work. How was the stream? Did they show any more gameplay or was it like, table talk with twitch? They don't have a past broadcast on their channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Vogyn View Post
    I had work. How was the stream? Did they show any more gameplay or was it like, table talk with twitch? They don't have a past broadcast on their channel.
    They haven't uploaded it yet which is weird. I joined half way through. They showed the game off and such and answered questions while doing it. It was nice, none of the presenters were annoying (like GW2 and their streams are fucking awful).

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They haven't uploaded it yet which is weird. I joined half way through. They showed the game off and such and answered questions while doing it. It was nice, none of the presenters were annoying (like GW2 and their streams are fucking awful).
    Probably because it was done by NCsoft and not ArenaNet? : P

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave in and downloaded the Chinese client + English patch to tool around with the game. I've gotta say, I like the lyn more than I thought I would. I was perusing the wardrobe/store section to view what the armors look like and a lot of the costumes that just look full on slutty on the other races look very good on the lyn. Only a couple of them have the full on "lingerie on a child" look that I've seen a lot of on Tera elin.

Very much liking the sprint/parkour/glide system. Been playing Aion for a long time so being able to jump and glide is super nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I gave in and downloaded the Chinese client + English patch to tool around with the game. I've gotta say, I like the lyn more than I thought I would. I was perusing the wardrobe/store section to view what the armors look like and a lot of the costumes that just look full on slutty on the other races look very good on the lyn. Only a couple of them have the full on "lingerie on a child" look that I've seen a lot of on Tera elin.

Very much liking the sprint/parkour/glide system. Been playing Aion for a long time so being able to jump and glide is super nice.
    Yes yes. No mounts? Are you kidding me? Why hasn't anyone thought of using your own body instead? Plus I really hip toss myself at how their aren't any healers. You have my curiosity piqued B&S.

Loved the gliding in Aion but always wished there was more to do with it outside of the few zones where flying is allowed. Super hyped for the the ninja gliding in this, the animations are great and it looks so coooooooooooool.

Ok watching assassin more. It's exactly like a ninja from Naruto which I am kinda digging. I think I might do assassin until warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Loved the gliding in Aion but always wished there was more to do with it outside of the few zones where flying is allowed. Super hyped for the the ninja gliding in this, the animations are great and it looks so coooooooooooool.
    Gliding is much more useful in Aion than in the fly zones only. All zones where flight isn't allowed you can at least jump off of higher terrain and glide to lower terrain. I'm so used to doing it that I find myself trying to pop wings and glide in my other MMOs, unsuccessfully, of course. :P

The plus side to the ninja gliding in B&S is that so far as I can see, it doesn't have a "flight timer" so you could just keep gliding until you hit the ground without worrying about running out of time and just dropping to the ground like a rock. The energy bar that gets used up while sprinting doesn't seem to get used at all while gliding.

They also jump super high when they're in sprint mode so you can just jump right over some mobs without even aggro'ing them. Makes me feel all Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Gliding is much more useful in Aion than in the fly zones only. All zones where flight isn't allowed you can at least jump off of higher terrain and glide to lower terrain. I'm so used to doing it that I find myself trying to pop wings and glide in my other MMOs, unsuccessfully, of course. :P

The plus side to the ninja gliding in B&S is that so far as I can see, it doesn't have a "flight timer" so you could just keep gliding until you hit the ground without worrying about running out of time and just dropping to the ground like a rock. The energy bar that gets used up while sprinting doesn't seem to get used at all while gliding.

They also jump super high when they're in sprint mode so you can just jump right over some mobs without even aggro'ing them. Makes me feel all Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
    THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

This makes me so happy, since the 10s cooldown on wings and running out of stamina with them got me killed more times than I'd care to remember -_-

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice to play with other NA players for once. One reason I don't like to play pso2 or BnS on JP servers is the time zone difference sucks. The only problem I see with a NA version is the westernization and behind in patches that is always present. The NA version of Tera is always behind JP and KR version, then they always leave out costumes or modify them. I always found that dislike NA versions, especially when it comes to costumes and westernization of the game. At least now, Tera will have some real competition.

No word on business model yet. Hoping for a non-subscription model though.
    I would be shocked if they put this game as a subscription model, but hoping for it not to be is like saying its not worth the money to play.

I am not interested but any MMO that I ever would be interested going forward I would much rather have a subscription fee if the developers can sustain a fun reasonable amount of things to do with that income and keep out crappy cosmetic only fluff shops and or full blown booster items and the such if it was completely free to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fear you have made many an enemy with this post : P
    I'll make it worse then, as there are some anime where the dub was definitely superior to the subs. Also, I'm a huge subbed anime fan but I do enjoy a good dub. I remember back in the late 90s and early 2000s on the animeondvd.com boards where ADV and Bandai english directors would post and how their dubbed version got praised by the original director a few times.

I also REALLY enjoy the new Sailor Moon dub and like some of the new voices better TBH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    I would be shocked if they put this game as a subscription model, but hoping for it not to be is like saying its not worth the money to play.

I am not interested but any MMO that I ever would be interested going forward I would much rather have a subscription fee if the developers can sustain a fun reasonable amount of things to do with that income and keep out crappy cosmetic only fluff shops and or full blown booster items and the such if it was completely free to play.
    I want the crappy cosmetics and fluff items though.....
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2015-05-22 at 07:04 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    This hype train arrived 7 years late. The 2008 G star trailer put this game on my radar and it just faded away for 7 long years. I'll try it out when it launches, assuming it's F2P.

Westernizing asian MMOs never seems to work well without a lot of time and care though, see Tera as one of the only successful examples. Everything else, from Aion to Archeage, it's just beans. I don't really have an unshakable faith in NC Soft either, but hey, like I said, I'll try it if it's F2P. I'm sure the combat will be great, but there's more to an MMO than current gen graphics, action combat and hiring someone like Hyung Tae Kim as your lead design artist.

This whole cynicism/skepticism thing kinda...doesn't feel so bad when it's directed towards something you're not head over heels in love with. Guess I'm comfortable with being wary, which is a win/win imo.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2015-05-22 at 07:12 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Why are people posting like we have no info on the game? It is f2p and there is no censorship

- - - Updated - - -

Old video but picking your cat. Each cat has it's own personality, you can give them outfits and they do emotes with you.

muuuussst resist.... picking... summoner!

- - - Updated - - -

Live stream for anyone that missed it

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say but Zito already said it...was pretty sure during the livestream yesterday they mentioned it being F2P.

I also wouldn't really be too worried about how popular it is in the West. I still play Aion and though NA is only four servers, NCSoft still lets it live because they manage to make enough from the cash shop to justify it. I personally think it has to do with the popularity of Aion in other regions, even though it's not that popular in NA.

Not sure how popular B&S is in it's other regions, but if Aion can make enough via NA cash shop to justify, I'm quite sure B&S will as well.

This is a better situation to me than Archeage was. I'm still burned by what I spent on founders packs thinking Trion was a good company that would be able to handle marketing it properly (I had played Rift for awhile and respected the company).

At least I'm already pretty familiar with NCSoft and how their other titles are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    I was going to say but Zito already said it...was pretty sure during the livestream yesterday they mentioned it being F2P.

I also wouldn't really be too worried about how popular it is in the West. I still play Aion and though NA is only four servers, NCSoft still lets it live because they manage to make enough from the cash shop to justify it. I personally think it has to do with the popularity of Aion in other regions, even though it's not that popular in NA.

Not sure how popular B&S is in it's other regions, but if Aion can make enough via NA cash shop to justify, I'm quite sure B&S will as well.

This is a better situation to me than Archeage was. I'm still burned by what I spent on founders packs thinking Trion was a good company that would be able to handle marketing it properly (I had played Rift for awhile and respected the company).

At least I'm already pretty familiar with NCSoft and how their other titles are doing.
    Aion is also one of a kind sorta unique in the mmo space XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm already barely going to slap more money on TERA in anticipation of spending money on this game (waiting for costume halfsie sales now). Damn you, Zito, I'm definitely going to go against my playing caster-types at the start but that class is way too cute. I'll level a Gon Kung-Fu Master (What I've played before) shortly after. Or Maybe I'll try a rogue out. The world may never know......
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Yea it's def a toss up. I just want warlock but w/e. Gon kung fu master would be sexy as hell but lyn summoner is just adorable but also being a ninja would be sweet.

It's so hard to find MMOs that let you sexy up male characters. TERA and blade and soul are the only ones I found.
    Last edited by zito; 2015-05-22 at 12:18 PM.