10+ Year Old Account
    I wish your sarcasm had a hint of truth to it (Not that I would accept an accept an expensive gift like that). My life would just be a little easier if I could talk people into funding my lifestyle (a lifestyle that relies upon my sister supporting me). Raising funds for my transplant won't be easy. I can't bring myself to even ask family for help (transplant will cost $200k).

I know it may seem odd, but have you thought about trying crowdsourcing Kray? You seem like a really nice person, and I know people will back a lot of things on those sites. I mean look at the potato salad.

I'll pass on running the next game. Kinda lost interest and can't be bothered. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I wish your sarcasm had a hint of truth to it (Not that I would accept an accept an expensive gift like that). My life would just be a little easier if I could talk people into funding my lifestyle (a lifestyle that relies upon my sister supporting me). Raising funds for my transplant won't be easy. I can't bring myself to even ask family for help (transplant will cost $200k).
    Have you considered making a "Gofundme"? Or possibly marrying a Canadian?

Also 200.000$ is an obscene amount of money...

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Agreed, but also an amount I'd believe. Healthcare costs in the US is out of control. I mean sure, insurances pay for a lot (assuming you have one), but like just an AMBULANCE RIDE to the hospital could cost thousands, if not TENS of thousands, bucks. Plenty of stories out there about how stupidly high costs are. Some people even flat out refuse to call 911 when they should (like heart attack) because of the cost.

I can't find it right now, but there was a story on my local news about this guy's insurance sending him to FRANCE to have some operation. Nice hotel, meals, tours, translator, medical consultant, world class surgeon, rehab, etc. The works, paid for by them. He stayed in France for like a month on their dime. They SAVED like 13k over if he had it done in the states and (probably) stayed at home. Oh and they GAVE HIM 10% of the savings to entice him to do it!

Think about that for a minute. It cost 13 thousand LESS to give someone an all expenses paid month long vacation and get surgery done in France than to do it here.

- - - Updated - - -

Found it

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/07/14/medical-tourism-surgery-france-other-countries-surges-due-to-costly-u-s-health-care/

Numbers/things were slightly off... But gist stands. Also, from reading the story, apparently the 12k savings was about 35% of the cost to do it in states. So his surgery woulda been roughly 60k

10+ Year Old Account
    I have thought about a lot of different ways to raise money. Almost all of them require me asking others for money / help. I can never seem to get myself to do that though. It's just not who I am. He'll, I kept working for a couple years longer than I should have just so I could support myself. Couldn't bring myself to asking my mom if I could move in with her. It took me another 2 years before I applied for Disability. Always felt others shouldn't have to pay for me.

The only reason I gave in on those two things is because I was too sick to support myself and if I wanted to live I needed income to pay for doctors and medicine.

I have thought about a lot of different ways to raise money. Almost all of them require me asking others for money / help. I can never seem to get myself to do that though. It's just not who I am. He'll, I kept working for a couple years longer than I should have just so I could support myself. Couldn't bring myself to asking my mom if I could move in with her. It took me another 2 years before I applied for Disability. Always felt others shouldn't have to pay for me.

The only reason I gave in on those two things is because I was too sick to support myself and if I wanted to live I needed income to pay for doctors and medicine.
    All i can say is that you shouldnt be afraid of asking for help. Especially concerning healthcare since your nation's system is one i particularly despise.

I have thought about a lot of different ways to raise money. Almost all of them require me asking others for money / help. I can never seem to get myself to do that though. It's just not who I am.
    I get that that is just how some people are... I have a hard time accepting help from people too tbh, and some of my family is like that too. But at the same time, sometimes we have to reach out for help in various ways. We, as humans, can't really exist in a vacuum. Much as we'd probably like to sometimes. I mean it's not the best example, but look at all the science showing how much better we are with human contact like a hug or something. Plus I seem to remember a friend talking about how babies would die if they weren't held or something.

Trust me, I know first hand that that doesn't make it easier. But the fact is we have to suck it up sometimes on things. There are some things we can't do ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeeesly View Post
    I know, I'm making that cash monies. It just keeps flowing in. Don't know what to do with myself. Except buy Krayzy things.
    You could always buy me one too

Quote Originally Posted by Tomec View Post
    I know it may seem odd, but have you thought about trying crowdsourcing Kray? You seem like a really nice person, and I know people will back a lot of things on those sites. I mean look at the potato salad.
    Let's just pretend Potato Salad never happened -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    o.O Where are you from again Catta? The way you write dollar amounts is like completly opposite of us. And is using a "." instead of a "," common? How do you know what the cents are?

I get that that is just how some people are... I have a hard time accepting help from people too tbh, and some of my family is like that too. But at the same time, sometimes we have to reach out for help in various ways. We, as humans, can't really exist in a vacuum. Much as we'd probably like to sometimes. I mean it's not the best example, but look at all the science showing how much better we are with human contact like a hug or something. Plus I seem to remember a friend talking about how babies would die if they weren't held or something.

Trust me, I know first hand that that doesn't make it easier. But the fact is we have to suck it up sometimes on things. There are some things we can't do ourselves.
    Indeed, no one truly gets anywhere good on their own, even the super independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I'm 3rd in line then! We all going to have a long wait I bet though. But I promise that both you and Kray will get a Wii U whenever I win the lottery. (Note, I play maybe once every couple months... so that's also a long wait!)

Where is the fun in that? Plus we could look at others, like say the great bacon tower? (Which in all fairness will fail, but yea) Or any of these (some of which are quite cool actually)

Indeed, no one truly gets anywhere good on their own, even the super independent.
    Kind of a shame too... I sometimes wish I could just be left alone and do my own thing. But that's not possible at all. On the flip side, even though it can be SUPER ANNOYING at times (like right now), I know that in the long run it'll turn out for the best. Or at least it better... otherwise I'm going to totally lose it, run away to the mountains, and no one will hear from me again. Even when I get super sick. Because I'll have lost all faith in humanity.

Deleted

o.O Where are you from again Catta? The way you write dollar amounts is like completly opposite of us. And is using a "." instead of a "," common? How do you know what the cents are?

You could argue that last point, but then you could also argue that if someone got somewhere it's due to them being in the right place at the right time. That applies to basically everything when you think about it.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, don't be surprised if a Wii U shows up on your doorstep around Christmas time. Might have to look at them Black Friday sales.... (And yeah, I'm like 68% serious...we shall see).

If you're not going to look into crowdsourcing for yourself then I just might, because yes, I may have a habit of caring too much about people that I like and getting all up in their business. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, don't be surprised if a Wii U shows up on your doorstep around Christmas time. Might have to look at them Black Friday sales.... (And yeah, I'm like 68% serious...we shall see).

If you're not going to look into crowdsourcing for yourself then I just might, because yes, I may have a habit of caring too much about people that I like and getting all up in their business. >.<
    kind Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesly is kind ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    kind Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesly is kind ^_^
    Worgenite knows all about me being nosey. :P

(Btw, my computer is packed away in a van so I'm just chilling on my phone tonight )

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    You could argue that last point, but then you could also argue that if someone got somewhere it's due to them being in the right place at the right time. That applies to basically everything when you think about it.
    I think the biggest argument would be what does someone mean as getting somewhere good? I mean everyone's definition of good is their own, and maybe to someone it's living off the land on their own in the middle of nowhere. One could, in theory, do that by themselves.

Of course, to counter the argument, one then has to ask how one gained those skills. Very likely they were taught by someone. Also if they were to get injured they would be in dire straits. They may also run into needs/items they couldn't, or had a hard time, getting themselves. This will largely vary by area and time of year obviously though, but you may need/want things like gas for cooking, lanterns of some kind, etc. Unless you kept a fire going all day and into the night, which could problematic. How do you get those if you don't/can't do the fire...?

Obviously that is a quite extreme example, but even if you bring it back to more into the realm of reality, there are still things we just aren't physically or mentally capable of doing by ourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgenite knows all about me being nosey. :P

(Btw, my computer is packed away in a van so I'm just chilling on my phone tonight )
    nosy Rosey!

poor computer. It's probably feeling all neglected and stuff :P

10+ Year Old Account
    nosy Rosey!

I asked my parents about upgrading their internet and they said they already had the highest available. I want to cry. And apparently they are paying $80 for this shitty ass internet. #smalltownprobs

nosy Rosey!

I remember when I first came back to my computer after a little mini vacay I took. It was so happy to see me!

As for crowdsourcing... I think I remember seeing a bunch of medical things on gofundme. So that may be the one, especially since I know Kickstarter uses rewards and tiers. Don't think gofundme does that.

Also, nice Bees... I may have to get used that. Been stung by too many. Huh? Whats that? Bees is a PERSON?! Well damn, here I was hoping to come forward with groundbreaking science of super smart bees! Try to gain trust and enter into the hive.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked my parents about upgrading their internet and they said they already had the highest available. I want to cry. And apparently they are paying $80 for this shitty ass internet. #smalltownprobs
    How shitty is shitty? Speedtest! Especially for 80 bucks I'd hope they had a good ish one.

10+ Year Old Account
    How shitty is shitty? Speedtest! Especially for 80 bucks I'd hope they had a good ish one.
    seconded !

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my laptop is in the van, so I just did it over my phone using their app and it gave me:

23ms/3.88 Mbps download/0.96 Mbps Upload

Last time I was here and on my computer I got around the same upload but 5ish Mbps for my download.
    Last edited by Beeeesly; 2014-07-26 at 04:37 AM.