10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Well yes I dont like the rapid fire day 1 in that format. I cant remember whos game it was but you were allowed to make two day 1 posts of 10 words each which is a step in the right direction.

In my opinion an ideal situation would be allowing Day to go for ~36 hours and allow everyone to make 3 posts of 20 words each (not including votes)
    Cuts down fluff but allows people to respond to trains forming.
    Uggors bleach game had that iirc, although the day 1 lynch was decided on someone that didn't read the rules and continued to break them after they knew them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleos View Post
    Uggors bleach game had that iirc, although the day 1 lynch was decided on someone that didn't read the rules and continued to break them after they knew them
    That was part 1 before the Silkku debacle... Part 2... Twas me for winning I think...

Well yes I dont like the rapid fire day 1 in that format. I cant remember whos game it was but you were allowed to make two day 1 posts of 10 words each which is a step in the right direction.

In my opinion an ideal situation would be allowing Day to go for ~36 hours and allow everyone to make 3 posts of 20 words each (not including votes)
    Cuts down fluff but allows people to respond to trains forming.
    So lurking is a "legitimate strategy" and shouldn't be curtailed mod-wise but fluffing is a scourge and should be prevent at the mod-level.

k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea what Catta said, a few people not liking fluff is no reason to stop it all together.

I mean hey, like it or not fluffing is a legitimate strategy

Also agreeing with Catta.

Here is the issue, the people with the power to change any of this is the players. All I keep hearing from you guys is how you want the easy way out, you want mods to fix it, you want to blame and condem the lurkers and the fluffers for how they decide to play the game but no one is willing to curb the attitudes of people and force them to play any better than they are.

You want people to stop fluffing? Then give them a reason to play the game, come up with theories to talk about suspicion lists you can post, Talk about other aspects of what is currently going on in the game. But don't sit there and yell "OMG THEY FLUFF AND THAT'S ALL THEY DO!" because guess what, you're not adding or contributing to the game either and all bitching about fluffling is is adding to the fluff.

You want to stop people from lurking? Put pressure on them, force them to play and if they don't want to then you lynch them. It's just as much your job as a player to make other people play as it is to play yourself. Scum is always going to take the easy way out and they will always opt out of adding to the game if they can get away with it, because guess what it helps them freaking win!

You can't keep blaming everyone who does these things because they are proven to be effective methods because we allow them to be. Yes people who use these methods are at fault to, I'm not saying they aren't, but we are ALLOWING it to happen in the first place and the real blame goes to us.

You can't fully blame a 6yr old for being a shitty kid if his parents do nothing to actually raise him, and the same goes for this situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    So lurking is a "legitimate strategy" and shouldn't be curtailed mod-wise but fluffing is a scourge and should be prevent at the mod-level.

k.
    Lurking can be useful just as fluffing can be useful. Its when they are taken to the extremes that they become a hinderance.

I personally find fluffing annoying on day 1 because i have to trawl through 10+ pages of utter shite just incase when in reality the lynch will have no solid foundation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Yea what Catta said, a few people not liking fluff is no reason to stop it all together.

I mean hey, like it or not fluffing is a legitimate strategy
    Im not saying stop it. Im saying that personally I would take steps to curb it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lurking can be useful just as fluffing can be useful. Its when they are taken to the extremes that they become a hinderance.

I personally find fluffing annoying on day 1 because i have to trawl through 10+ pages of utter shite just incase when in reality the lynch will have no solid foundation
    I personally agree with this.

As a mod I wouldn't put in a rule limiting or forcing anything to do with either of these though. A mods job isn't to play the game for the players. The players are the ones that need to handle these "problems".

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if I see one more person say "I can't vote on someone because it would be OMGUS" I may kill them.

Fuck that. Vote them. Push a lynch on them. If someone counters with "You are only doing this because of OMGUS" then tell them to shut up and come up with a real reason for or against voting them.

Honestly people go in and see what they want. I claimed a NK and a QT thread last game and I wasn't even lying, people just didn't read it because "fluff." If people are going to play dumb I'm going to abuse the hell out of it. Also it's really not hard to skim read a thread and see what posts or even pages are worth fully reading or jumping over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Also, if I see one more person say "I can't vote on someone because it would be OMGUS" I may kill them.

Fuck that. Vote them. Push a lynch on them. If someone counters with "You are only doing this because of OMGUS" then tell them to shut up and come up with a real reason for or against voting them.
    This so much. Seriously its like somebody pushes on x - x pushes back - and we go look at y

Quote Originally Posted by krayzy View Post
    i personally agree with this.

As a mod i wouldn't put in a rule limiting or forcing anything to do with either of these though. A mods job isn't to play the game for the players. The players are the ones that need to handle these "problems".

- - - updated - - -

also, if i see one more person say "i can't vote on someone because it would be omgus" i may kill them.

Fuck that. Vote them. Push a lynch on them. If someone counters with "you are only doing this because of omgus" then tell them to shut up and come up with a real reason for or against voting them.
    stop telling others to steal my playstyle omguss!

15+ Year Old Account
    My Bleach game, I think it was my favorite D1 to date.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not saying stop it. Im saying that personally I would take steps to curb it.
    Both of these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy fuck. I finally just figured uggors avatar out. a+ sir

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    I feel like it should be down to the individual game mod what ruleset they feel fits their game the best, and what ruleset they're the most comfortable with. If someone doesn't like playing by those rules, they can always just not sign up.
    /thread discussion.

There are certain things that should be pretty unanimous though like no vote editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    so we apparently all agree to disagree!

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    so we apparently all agree to disagree!
    No, we're disagreeing to agree.

If we were agreeing to disagree then we would not disagree on our agreement. No one has agreed to agree on anything, especially with so much to disagree on. And I'm sure we don't agree that disagreeing to agree is the same as agreeing to disagree.

That just doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    errrr....right....

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    No, we're disagreeing to agree.

If we were agreeing to disagree then we would not disagree on our agreement. No one has agreed to agree on anything, especially with so much to disagree on. And I'm sure we don't agree that disagreeing to agree is the same as agreeing to disagree.

That just doesn't make sense.
    I am incredibly glad I had already had my cup of coffee this morning. Otherwise that might have been painful. I don't think I necessarily agree with a smaller group of people deciding everything...nor a really big group through discussion. We have plenty of games coming up. Why not use them to experiment? Let's try stuff.

Like I enjoyed the Bleach D1 though it was a bit hard to talk out a D1 lynch but meh. I also don't mind a normal nothing special D1 as well. We have like 20 games people have agreed to mod. That's plenty of room to test a bunch of different ways of going about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    We have plenty of games coming up. Why not use them to experiment? Let's try stuff.
    Yep so this.

I have changed my day one on my up coming game. I am unsure on if I should share details or save it for the game but its different.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    Yep so this.

I have changed my day one on my up coming game. I am unsure on if I should share details or save it for the game but its different.
    You should post what you are thinking to our thread

10+ Year Old Account
    you're a thread