I have a small game ready. But I believe Kryllian is in front of me in the line...
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Can we just make a new mafia style where if you can't post within 6-12 hours of your last post you die, I know all it would do is cause fluff but it would be better than hours of nothing :/
    Would have to be ~12. People would die for sleeping XD

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    Would have to be ~12. People would die for sleeping XD
    Or waking up and walking out the door for work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Danner or Large (for redemption) can mod this next one. I didn't even look at mine the last few days expecting the game to go longer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    The current game is already down to seven players and in several different time zones. It's gonna be slow...
    I've been playing this game for a long time, timezones do have impact but they are an excuse for people to lurk at this point. It irrates the crap out of me too that with our community dying you and others are still making excuses for the things that are driving a lot of people away from playing.

Its the same thing with the lack of drama in the games, to much buddy buddy and not enough knives in backs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was making a statement/observation on the game not an excuse for the players Virothe.

I've been pushing policy lynches early in almost every game I play to try and weed out this behavior...

Large (for redemption) can mod this next one.
    Alright folks I'll get Role Cards out in a few hours... and we can just start the thread again XD

- - - Updated - - -

So the remake thread is active now....

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post44438867

I've been pushing policy lynches early in almost every game I play to try and weed out this behavior...
    What we need to do is have a new ruleset for games that punishes people across the board and won't impact overall game play in every game by having it be the players in any given game be the ones to determine punishment.

You have structured deadlines for posting if there are multiple infractions that person is taken out of the game if it persists through multiple games they are banned from future games for a set period and if it persists after that its permanent .

Is it a great system? No but every single person here is guilty of the drop in quality and we need to take some damn responsibility instead of doing nothing and hoping it all fixes itself.

And no one said it has to be a permanent rule, but we all have bad habits and its clear we arent going to break them unless we are forced to.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Stuff.
    I don't completely disagree with this, and it's easy enough to put it forth as an obvious answer -- however, it puts an extra burden on the moderator to keep track of this sort of thing, on top of the game they've already put together and intend to moderate for others to enjoy. That's not to say that it can't or shouldn't happen, just that depending on the mechanic, implementation is more difficult than people like to make it sound.

I would also be very hesitant to subscribe to an across-the-board sort of rule, as opposed to encouraging mods to come up with clever ways to address the situation game-by-game. Ideally, the best ideas would propagate to other games in the future, and are already factored into the balance: Punishers and "unaware" game mechanics, for example. Maybe instant death if you didn't post for an entire day phase, but certainly not rules demanding a post every 6-12 hours.

That said, it should also be mentioned that solutions have already been proposed and attempted along these lines, to varying effects, but they rarely last longer than a single game or two. I would encourage anyone intending to mod a game to look at recent games, see what worked and what didn't, and determine if something similar can work in your setup. It's ultimately going to be your game, your choice, of course, but if weeding out certain behaviors is a priority of yours, you're going to have an easier time doing it as a moderator than as a player.

Is it a great system? No but every single person here is guilty of the drop in quality and we need to take some damn responsibility instead of doing nothing and hoping it all fixes itself.

And no one said it has to be a permanent rule, but we all have bad habits and its clear we arent going to break them unless we are forced to.
    And this part is just ridiculous.

Current game is over.

I believe Kryllian is next in line. My game is also ready to roll.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

7+ Year Old Account
    Danner you go ahead. This game went way longer than expected and I have a long weekend out of town coming up that would hamper my modding. I'll take the next one though!

Roger. Signup thread incoming.
    It'll be up for a few days, probably starting this weekend.

7+ Year Old Account
    Plus with you modding I don't have to vote you D1 like I promised @Virothe I would!

I can live with that benefit. Literally.

New signup thread here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-lost-village

By the way, everyone should probably consider changing their passwords, here and elsewhere.

TL;DR: Cloudflare vulnerability issue. Cloudflare services MMO-Champion, among other things.

Consider this my sign up for the next game, Just throw things at me when the signups done cause I don't pay a ton of attention to mmo-champ these days hence me missing this last game v_v

Want the dead thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Mafia 80... good grief
    That's us!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Mafia 80... good grief
    Yes! we're still alive!