Deleted
    Oh and who killed me? I need to add someone to the revenge list

Stupid people lynching innocent ol' me the Townie.

Hah, that rhymed. Kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Long post incoming.
    Not quite as long reply incoming :-)

Krayzy - Your town play was awful, your scum play was amazing. You might be the best player I've seen in a long time at convincing people not to lynch you when you should be lynched.
    Yea, I found it rather interesting as well and was thinking of going for him when I was recruited (see Cult thread). I really though I myself would get recruited rather swiftly due to me being cult-cleared by Virothe and I also thought Krayzy would be recruited swiftly due to his VT claim. Turns out I was more right about Krayzy than myself.

Keleb - Lucky to be recruited when you were, though you might just have been about the only one left, but you played a very good town game and I think the only person to say anything against me in the game that made me a bit nervous (even if it was on day 1).
    Yea, if I hadn't been recruited that night and what I planned at Krayzy hadn't worked out, I might just have declared cult dead, at least to myself. I guess I should have been a bit more suspicious on you reacting at that. When you said something about me voting you I had to go back and check that because I had completely forgotten that I had voted you. I guess from your point of view it might have been scary that I had gotten off a N1 investigation I guess but didn't want to role claim. In retrospect I should have paid a bit more attention to it.

The problem isn't that it's too long, the problem is that most of you are waiting too long to say anything of importance and are so afraid of people responsible for lynching the wrong person that you don't contribute anything of real value until it's too late in the day.
    One thing I noticed in game 16 (the game Lysah spoke about in the dead thread when three in her team dropped off in one night) was that voting early has a really nice advantage. In the end that was what made me sure Zerioc was what he claimed, and what made him sure I was what I claimed and Lysah scum. Both me and Zerioc had been initiators of at least one wagon on a scum each while I don't think Lysah had ever voted in the first half on one. I think I had an early vote on a VT as well but if you're the first to vote for a VT who gets lynched then can they really blame you?

That game and being mod for some 5 games I think changed my play style a lot from pre-game 16.

I think it was Lysah that said it in the dead thread as well. As scum you are far from limited to your night actions to control the game and putting down that early vote might get you some influence. Even if you all withdraw that vote later, you had people following you which could be to your advantage later on.

You never know. I thought you were a townie still to be honest and if Simca is still alive at the end game do you really imagine a doctor making it that long or that I'd have spared him if I was scum? If so, I think I would have had a decent chance of convincing Simca to vote you out too. Had an entire speech planned out if I'd have been able to post it before getting lynched.

You weren't as essential to my plan as Simca though. I would have been happy taking Simca to the end with anyone else rather than you and anyone else.
    Yea, I might have had a harder time convincing Simca. With you voting Nemi and kel flipping scum though at the last lynch though, that might have been though for you though. That could easily have looked like you were trying to save kel. I was getting ready for it just in case we somehow failed with our plan there.

I was honestly worried that cult might consider doing that, would have argued that cult was only trying to pull off a lynch because they were 1 vote away from winning. Either way I would have convinced everyone to at least lynch that cult member and take one shot at someone else who seemed to be going along with that plan just a little bit.
    We had it planned in case Nemi was about to be lynched.

Eventually when people decided to go after me I was planning to claim jailkeeper (even if I thought there was one still alive, I'd have taken the risk) and referred to that post as me trying to WIFOM scum... Thought about coming out as just a roleblocker, but not quite sure any of you would have bought that when you guys don't seem to use it without a doc mixed in (hopefully that changes soon). If it came to that point, I was going to ask Simca to consider protecting me. I was honestly surprised there was no JK in this game with how fond you guys seem to be of them.
    Jailkeeper (JK) has always been block and protect. The target is "removed" from the game for the duration of the night. I think you were the one to introduce a pure role blocker but not calling it JK. With that resurfacing in games thereafter I think some confused the two and called both JK.

As for modding. I could have a game ready for next (although wouldn't be as prepared as I would like) but I think it would be a bad idea as I'll be out of town from 10th to 14th of June and the game would still be going then. I should be able to play still but not being able to keep up with all the threads as a mod won't be good. My current position in that list seems nice.

Deleted
    Never Mind i found it

* Writes Listo's name in blood on the list *

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I hate you, Greeney. Kill me off on night 2 and you don't even feel sorry.
    For what it's worth, had I won I'd have posted a picture of Mewtwo?

Quote Originally Posted by Keleb
    That could easily have looked like you were trying to save kel. I was getting ready for it just in case we somehow failed with our plan there.
    I thought so too when Kel was lynched, could have argued that I pushed hard for two regular scum already though and cult was the bigger threat.

Jailkeeper (JK) has always been block and protect. The target is "removed" from the game for the duration of the night. I think you were the one to introduce a pure role blocker but not calling it JK. With that resurfacing in games thereafter I think some confused the two and called both JK.
    Pure roleblocks are generally considered a common role. Jailkeepers tend to be more of a rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic209 View Post
    Never Mind i found it

* Writes Listo's name in blood on the list *
    Well if you were cult, there was no ??? next to your name, and Listo was Godfather...

15+ Year Old Account
    So, anyone from the dead thread - who did I end up actually protecting from a kill?

Also, as I'm sure a lot of people pointed out, you included less information than any other game of Mafia on this site (no mechanics of any faction, no night priority, no potential roles, etc), which is fine, but then you included a Cannibal as well, which was a mistake.

The Town played really bad but it wasn't entirely their fault.

You denied information so efficiently (in a game with a new mechanic that is generally considered horribly imbalanced) you should work for the government.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-05-29 at 12:33 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

For what it's worth, had I won I'd have posted a picture of Mewtwo?
    No, I'm Mewtwo.

My guess would be because: cult won
    Uhm. Hello. Cult summoned a monster that destroyed half the town. Do you know how big of an insurance claim I took out on that White Castle I built?

The rich just got richer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Uhm. Hello. Cult summoned a monster that destroyed half the town. Do you know how big of an insurance claim I took out on that White Castle I built?

It wasn't a monster! IT WAS A KITTEN!

Just a slightly large kitten.

*facedesk*

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    *facedesk*
    Welcome to what you missed out on in the dead thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Welcome to what you missed out on in the dead thread.
    i have read half of it... and control+f my name ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    i have read half of it... and control+f my name ^.^
    Awh, then you probably missed out on Blue's lovely and insightful posts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awh, then you probably missed out on Blue's lovely and insightful posts.
    To be fair, the people who voted for him that weren't scum are still terrible at this game.

You don't have to IMMEDIATELY lynch somebody. There zero incentive to INSTANTLY lynch a Cop without allowing him to prove himself or not.

His actions in the game are irrelevant; the people who were Town and voted Blue made a large and obvious mistake.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-05-29 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    To be fair, the people who voted for him that weren't scum are still terrible at this game.

You don't have to IMMEDIATELY lynch somebody. There zero incentive to INSTANTLY lynch a Cop without allowing him to prove himself or not.

His actions in the game are irrelevant; the people who were Town and voted Blue are bad.
    Oh, I was just talking about his general demeanour and behaviour. I frankly find him to be a massive four letter word starting with a "d". Not after an infraction so I think I'll leave it at that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Something that people ranted about in the dead thread and I'll rant about here is people who just posted once per day and never again.

Like a solid 1/3 of living players throughout the game had votes that were "Locked" in place because you knew they'd never bother to come back before the day ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Something that people ranted about in the dead thread and I'll rant about here is people who just posted once per day and never again.

Like a solid 1/3 of living players throughout the game had votes that were "Locked" in place because you knew they'd never bother to come back before the day ended.
    It's an activity issue in my eyes.
    And if people aren't going to be active, they shouldn't be signing up.
    Honestly, the inactivity in the most recent game was just ridiculous. It ruins the game for everyone else who is actually bothering with playing.

Oh, I was just talking about his general demeanour and behaviour. I frankly find him to be a massive four letter word starting with a "d". Not after an infraction so I think I'll leave it at that.
    Rofl. Calm down Populaire. I haven't acted like a dick in this game. Although to be honest I act like a dick everywhere else.

Except to Wass that one time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an activity issue in my eyes.
    And if people aren't going to be active, they shouldn't be signing up.
    Honestly, the inactivity in the most recent game was just ridiculous. It ruins the game for everyone else who is actually bothering with playing.
    people have been inactive/lurking for as long as I can remember(barring maybe the first 2 or 3 games). We've tried all sorts of different things and lurkers will lurk :\

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Rofl. Calm down Populaire. I haven't acted like a dick in this game. Although to be honest I act like a dick everywhere else.

Except to Wass that one time.
    It was a general comment really.. but don't worry about it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 02:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    people have been inactive/lurking for as long as I can remember(barring maybe the first 2 or 3 games). We've tried all sorts of different things and lurkers will lurk :\
    Yeah, but honestly, it was just far too common in this recent game. Take Listo as an example.. Godfather, hardly around, and if it wasn't for that innocent investigation he would have been lynched very early on. And he blamed it on not having enough free time.. and honestly, he shouldn't have signed up if he didn't have the time.

It may sound mean, but seriously, that innocent investigation was the only thing that saved him. He pretty much had no input otherwise.