10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    You are a cleaner of other people's bottoms!
    I empty my nose at your silly posting habits.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries!

Nah... sorry. I just don't feel like it.
    We can do it at a later game?
    Silly Danner, it only work when your playing the game with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    You are a cleaner of other people's bottoms!
    I empty my nose at your silly posting habits.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries!

Nah... sorry. I just don't feel like it.
    We can do it at a later game?
    If that's what you guys call "abuse", you all must still be going easy on me. I guess I should consider myself lucky and shut up before the actual abuse really starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    Heh...abuse...right. When does that start?
    There are some pretty decent examples of people being downright rude to new players. That hasn't happened in ages and hopefully, that will remain constant.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    There are some pretty decent examples of people being downright rude to new players. That hasn't happened in ages and hopefully, that will remain constant.
    Ive never seen anyone be rude to anyone in this game, let alone new players. Are you trying to scare the new guy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this should be used for bumps.

37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Ive never seen anyone be rude to anyone in this game, let alone new players. Are you trying to scare the new guy?
    People were pretty awful to FusedMass and Blue Obelisk when they first started playing.

Beyond that though, quite a few players who only played one or two games PMed me with concerns about how...intense this game can get.

Something.

Deleted
    Whenever someone has concerns about the behaviour in a game of Mafia, I think it's pretty important to remind them that, for the most part, people are acting. It isn't until the sour comments wind up in a sign-up thread or the discussion thread that they should be taken all that serious. Or personal, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    People were pretty awful to FusedMass and Blue Obelisk when they first started playing.
    To be fair though, Blue was a massive.. female reproductive organ.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    To be fair though, Blue was a massive.. female reproductive organ.
    Pretty much this, he whined a shit ton about everything, made everything personal too.

Deleted
    Tbh I liked Blue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    Tbh I liked Blue

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Could we please refrain from bad mouthing people please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    Whenever someone has concerns about the behaviour in a game of Mafia, I think it's pretty important to remind them that, for the most part, people are acting. It isn't until the sour comments wind up in a sign-up thread or the discussion thread that they should be taken all that serious. Or personal, for that matter.
    Correct. That's what I told the various people who PMed me. I told them that was the nature of the game and that the game is not for everyone because of that.

I was actually okay with Blue. Odd fellow at times, but I really didn't think he was so bad.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    If that's what you guys call "abuse", you all must still be going easy on me. I guess I should consider myself lucky and shut up before the actual abuse really starts.
    Just wait until you don't have a mason group to fall back on and help you out by giving you extra information, and people to bounce ideas off of. Things may get pretty intense with the right role. First time as scum is often quite stressful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Just wait until you don't have a mason group to fall back on and help you out by giving you extra information, and people to bounce ideas off of. Things may get pretty intense with the right role. First time as scum is often quite stressful.
    ^^^ Even if you've played several games as town, being mafia for the first time was stressful enough that I actually lost sleep.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worse you are, the angrier Silkku gets at you. Unless you are Decagon. Then the more Decagon you are, the angrier Silkku gets at you. Which I find amazing that Silkku hasn't yelled at me for things. Either I'm better than I think, or (more likely) there is no hope of me getting better and he's not wasting the rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mason is quite possibly the least stressful role you can get as a new player. You have allies you can ask for help, you have people you can guarantee are trustworthy, you have people to vouch for you if you mess up and seem suspicious. It's about as good as you can get, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    The worse you are, the angrier Silkku gets at you. Unless you are Decagon. Then the more Decagon you are, the angrier Silkku gets at you. Which I find amazing that Silkku hasn't yelled at me for things. Either I'm better than I think, or (more likely) there is no hope of me getting better and he's not wasting the rage.
    Awwwww, don't be like that. xD You're really not that bad, you're just unbelievably and super unlucky.

Also, I think the feud between Silkku and I is essentially over, thought I HAVE been less Decagon recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Mason is quite possibly the least stressful role you can get as a new player. You have allies you can ask for help, you have people you can guarantee are trustworthy, you have people to vouch for you if you mess up and seem suspicious. It's about as good as you can get, really.
    Mason is least stressful regardless of your experience.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I second this, Omertocracy. Don't be so hard on yourself; Nobody should ever have to think of themselves as Decagon.
    -_-

/10char

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thinking I suck thing comes from sheer pessimism. If I think I suck like a black hole, all surprised will be pleasant.